• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which FP?

Which do you think I am?

• ENFP

Votes: 23 46.9%
  • INFP

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • ESFP

Votes: 24 49.0%
  • ISFP

Votes: 4 8.2%

• Total voters

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Okay so I am definitely FP, both in terms of the four dichotomies and function theory. I am about as Fi/Te as it gets, and usually on four dichotomy tests my highest is F or P, with E/I being very sketchy (goes back and forth). I get N on most four dichotomies, but now don't trust their wording, as people can think they're N just because they have imagination or like to read, which is a totally misleading thing. I have gotten ESFP or ISFP on a test here and there.

I don't want to hear your arguments for why I might be ENFJ or ISFJ, because honestly, I am not an Fe/Ti type, I'm just not...and I'm not even at all "J" in the Keirsey sense, and I say this with complete confidence having read Please Understand Me II, and suprisingly finding myself identifying with parts of NF and SP almost equally.

Opinionated or assertive =/= J. But it could equal Se.

I just want to take a vote to see forum perceptions.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx

You apparently ignored the OP, and apparently I know more about personality theory than you if you think I'm in any way an Fe type, or that I'm organized, scheduled, punctual, or any of that.

Moving along.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

i wrote an explanation why you were an ESFP, but I'm too lazy to rewrite right now... So, yeah... I say ESFP. I'm sure I'll try again in a bit.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yes, definitely xxFP. I think ExFP of some sort, can't say for sure yet on that last letter.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't think you fit neatly into either of them. Not everyone does. :shrug:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i said enfp but maybe i'm wrong because i'm an enfp and never doubted the n...just the i for a few weeks...and occasionally when around other very obvious extraverts.

but...like randomnity said maybe you're just one of those cool balanced cats...ya know?

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I voted ESFP, and while I have my reasons.. they probably aren't actually based in any type theory. I have little experience with ESFPs, but ENFPs have kind of a fuzzy floaty quality. You have an edge to you that I haven't witnessed yet.. except maybe Elfboy, but he's undetermined also. Maybe enneagram has something to do with it, I really wouldn't know.

Starry

You know Marm...it literally just occurred to me...that you remind me so much of an ESFP co-worker.

Now...she is hard-core/no-nonsense...and a total right-fighter (she has a heart of gold and it is in the right place as far as I am concerned). She is as sharp as a knife too - mentally quick. And she will hold her ground like you do as well.

I was actually surprised to discover she was an ESFP...probably because I was (embarrassed) imagining the more 'classic' descriptions of the super-happy ESFP party-person. And it's not that this chick can't have a good time...but she is a total intellectual. Not totally in control of her emotions all the time...but she is strong and I really admire her.

I don't know if that helps you at all but...there you have it.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Se - check
Fi - check
Ne - :nono:
ESFP

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Yeah I voted ENFP out of a gut reaction, but I would like to switch to ESFP now that I've thought about it. I think you're an ESFP whose N processes are very available to her, but you just have this earthier, tangible, pragmatic vibe. You come across as gritty and mentally quick. You're definitely not INFP, but ISFP is possible. It's hard to define, but you really do come across quite differently than other ENFP's. I think I just had to overcome my knee-jerk prejudice: An ESFP? Impossible! She's not a ditzy party animal with horrible spelling and superficial posts. I find if there's one thing Keirsey does right with his descriptions, is capture the spirit of SP's. Well he at least does it better than a lot of online descriptions I have read. He doesn't write SP's off as ADHD head cases or shallow clowns, he seems to grasp their tactical, opportunistic, spontaneous intelligence.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Poor Marm. You're so endlessly confused about your type.

I used to say otherwise but I pretty sure you're a ENFP now. I do think you must be close to 50/50 on some of the dichotomies which makes typing difficult.

Sunny Ghost

I lean towards ExFP, with more of a pull on ESFP. I'd place Te in 3rd position for you and not 4th. You seem to have a lot of Se-Te bouncing around in your post. But, somehow it's always harder to see on forums whether one is using Se or Ne, than in real life. At least for me. IDK why.

But, I do hate that ESFP's often get a bad wrap. The ESFP's I know are actually very intelligent. They're just fun-loving, too, which I think throws a lot of people off their trails. You're definitely very intelligent and very clear and concise. I agree you're very Fi/Te. But, Ne/Si or Se/Ni... hmm.... maybe you can look at which of Ni and Si is farthest removed from you?

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Have you thought about answering Limit's questionnaire? It might help.

FWIW, you seem more "concrete" and less conceptual than some ENFPs here, but that could be product of tertiary Te. I do think you use that Te quite a lot, so I'm leaning towards ExFP. :)

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I voted ESFP, and while I have my reasons.. they probably aren't actually based in any type theory. I have little experience with ESFPs, but ENFPs have kind of a fuzzy floaty quality. You have an edge to you that I haven't witnessed yet.. except maybe Elfboy, but he's undetermined also. Maybe enneagram has something to do with it, I really wouldn't know.

Yeah I voted ENFP out of a gut reaction, but I would like to switch to ESFP now that I've thought about it. I think you're an ESFP whose N processes are very available to her, but you just have this earthier, tangible, pragmatic vibe. You come across as gritty and mentally quick. You're definitely not INFP, but ISFP is possible. It's hard to define, but you really do come across quite differently than other ENFP's. I think I just had to overcome my knee-jerk prejudice: An ESFP? Impossible! She's not a ditzy party animal with horrible spelling and superficial posts. I find if there's one thing Keirsey does right with his descriptions, is capture the spirit of SP's. Well he at least does it better than a lot of online descriptions I have read. He doesn't write SP's off as ADHD head cases or shallow clowns, he seems to grasp their tactical, opportunistic, spontaneous intelligence.

Have you thought about answering Limit's questionnaire? It might help.

FWIW, you seem more "concrete" and less conceptual than some ENFPs here, but that could be product of tertiary Te. I do think you use that Te quite a lot, so I'm leaning towards ExFP. :)

You know Marm...it literally just occurred to me...that you remind me so much of an ESFP co-worker.

Now...she is hard-core/no-nonsense...and a total right-fighter (she has a heart of gold and it is in the right place as far as I am concerned). She is as sharp as a knife too - mentally quick. And she will hold her ground like you do as well.

I was actually surprised to discover she was an ESFP...probably because I was (embarrassed) imagining the more 'classic' descriptions of the super-happy ESFP party-person. And it's not that this chick can't have a good time...but she is a total intellectual. Not totally in control of her emotions all the time...but she is strong and I really admire her.I don't know if that helps you at all but...there you have it.

In regards to the bold: Yes, exactly. Noticed this too, first thing that made me wonder. Also, didn't feel quite right about the Keirsey description of NF because the whole avoiding confrontation working in human resources blah blah blah, though didn't completely relate to SP because he downplays any verbal/literary intelligence they might have.

In regards to red: Yes, I'm afraid this is why I immediately went to N. Because of stereotypes and misinformation, and that's not okay.

In regards to the underlined: This is how many people IRL would probably describe me.

i said enfp but maybe i'm wrong because i'm an enfp and never doubted the n...just the i for a few weeks...and occasionally when around other very obvious extraverts.

but...like randomnity said maybe you're just one of those cool balanced cats...ya know?

I don't think you fit neatly into either of them. Not everyone does. :shrug:

Yes, definitely xxFP. I think ExFP of some sort, can't say for sure yet on that last letter.

I lean towards ExFP, with more of a pull on ESFP. I'd place Te in 3rd position for you and not 4th. You seem to have a lot of Se-Te bouncing around in your post. But, somehow it's always harder to see on forums whether one is using Se or Ne, than in real life. At least for me. IDK why.

But, I do hate that ESFP's often get a bad wrap. The ESFP's I know are actually very intelligent. They're just fun-loving, too, which I think throws a lot of people off their trails. You're definitely very intelligent and very clear and concise. I agree you're very Fi/Te. But, Ne/Si or Se/Ni... hmm.... maybe you can look at which of Ni and Si is farthest removed from you?

Poor Marm. You're so endlessly confused about your type.

I used to say otherwise but I pretty sure you're a ENFP now. I do think you must be close to 50/50 on some of the dichotomies which makes typing difficult.

Yeah....in many theories I could easily say I'm SFP...wait I'm NFP...lol.

Thank you all for your input. :)

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Oh, also, yes I've done Limit's questions over on PersN and some people said ESFP or ISFP and others said ENFP. LOL.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm a bit torn. on one hand, you mentioned being aware of powerful Si in yourself after reading Jung, but on the other hand, I can't help but feel we would have less communication issues if you were ENFP

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm a bit torn. on one hand, you mentioned being aware of powerful Si in yourself after reading Jung, but on the other hand, I can't help but feel we would have less communication issues if you were ENFP

I started questioning the Si thing after reading Beebe's theory about Opposing Personality Complex...Si is supposed to be subconscious? Well it isn't in me. So wouldn't it make sense if Si was my Opposing Personality complex (5th function in Beebe) rather than an unconscious inferior?

Actually I don't tend to have huge communication issues with most of the ENFPs on here, so whatever there is between you and I may have nothing to do with type. Think of Saturned too...she's INFP and I've also seen communication differences between you and her.

Of course my mother is ESFP and we can get in outrageous arguments. Same with ExFP sister. But then in a way I understand both of them on some level, and think I have more functional similarities to them than my ENFJ sister, although I hardly ever argue with her...it's because she's ENFJ and avoids arguments, and is a very "placating" communicator.

It could be a clash of similar mindsets. Or it could be because of individual differences.