• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which FP?

Which do you think I am?

• ENFP

Votes: 23 46.9%
  • INFP

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • ESFP

Votes: 24 49.0%
  • ISFP

Votes: 4 8.2%

• Total voters

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah I think ISFP could be a possibility. Especially since Professor Y (who is incredibly educated about Jung and personality theory in general) confirmed that he believes that I am an Se type because of my personality issues that have been professionally confirmed. He said it actually makes it much easier to type people when they are actually diagnosed or at least self-aware of their neuroses. He said bringing that information to his attention combined with what he already knew about me makes him think I'm definitely ESFP rather than ENFP, which he had been convinced of prior (though he didn't word it like that because that's not Jungian to use the four dichotomies, that's MBTI and Keirsey).

I still consider ISFP though because that may be why I come across as so lively and boistrous yet reserved...aux Se.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I voted ESFP. If the main reasons you thought you were a Ne type is that you have an imagination & like to read, then you're probably not a Ne type.

I'd expect a Fi-dom to be more self-aware & to not rely on others' opinion for their type so heavily. You seem Pe-dom, focused on external perceptions, including ones others feed you.

Sunny Ghost

Not that this is a great indicator... but how do you feel in public, or when the spotlight is on you?

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Me and ShortandSweet just went Freaky Friday on 'yo ass.

:hifive: totally just woke up one day, and I was you. Your life is harder than I thought, I'm sorry if I ever bashed N's. :hug:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:hifive: totally just woke up one day, and I was you. Your life is harder than I thought, I'm sorry if I ever bashed N's. :hug:

you should be. being N is hard as hell sometimes :yes:
Edit: especially an NF male, though I admit E and 7w8 Sp/Sx really give me a hand :yes: being an INFP Sx 9 male must be tremendously difficult

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Not that this is a great indicator... but how do you feel in public, or when the spotlight is on you?

When I'm in public I often keep to myself, but sometimes I talk to people or pet their dogs. I love the feeling of airports and train stations because of all of the people going and coming. That is, watching them going and coming.

I really do not think I am as extroverted as the ESFP stereotype is supposed to be, I spend a lot of time watching movies and reading books and writing...but I like meeting new people and I like to talk sometimes...but sometimes if people talk to me IRL I feel annoyed, like I'd rather be alone. Depends. I always test really borderline I/E. On the Keirsey test I was literally split 50/50.

I'm fine with the spotlight. I've been performing in some capacity for most of my life. HOWEVER, it used to be easier for me to get on stage than to talk to new people directly. I had social anxiety at one point but later was diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder and panic attacks, so now that I'm on meds for it I'm totally fine...I mean I no longer have social anxiety...not claiming I'm perfectly sane. :D

Sunny Ghost

When I'm in public I often keep to myself, but sometimes I talk to people or pet their dogs. I love the feeling of airports and train stations because of all of the people going and coming. That is, watching them going and coming.

I really do not think I am as extroverted as the ESFP stereotype is supposed to be, I spend a lot of time watching movies and reading books and writing...but I like meeting new people and I like to talk sometimes...but sometimes if people talk to me IRL I feel annoyed, like I'd rather be alone. Depends. I always test really borderline I/E. On the Keirsey test I was literally split 50/50.

I'm fine with the spotlight. I've been performing in some capacity for most of my life. HOWEVER, it used to be easier for me to get on stage than to talk to new people directly. I had social anxiety at one point but later was diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder and panic attacks, so now that I'm on meds for it I'm totally fine...I mean I no longer have social anxiety...not claiming I'm perfectly sane. :D

Hmm.... tough call, tough call.

Of Te and Ni... which of the two do you think you use more?

There's a 6w7 ISFP on personalitycafe. Maybe you could see if there are some similarities between the two of you? Though, I've met some 4w5 ISFP's and we weren't much alike. But I could understand their thought processes and fill in the blanks.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Definitely wouldn't use this information to type you. :laugh: Oh geez, I don't know. ISFJ???? hahahahaha.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Definitely wouldn't use this information to type you. :laugh: Oh geez, I don't know. ISFJ???? hahahahaha.

OMG YOU'RE SO RIGHT. WHY DIDN'T I SEE IT SOONER? I'M SUCH AN Fe TYPE.

Everyone knows that only ISFJs are nervous.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Hmm.... tough call, tough call.

Of Te and Ni... which of the two do you think you use more?

There's a 6w7 ISFP on personalitycafe. Maybe you could see if there are some similarities between the two of you? Though, I've met some 4w5 ISFP's and we weren't much alike. But I could understand their thought processes and fill in the blanks.

I'll definitely look into finding that person. On Personality Cafe I have spent some time intentionally observing ISFPs and interacting with them, because number one there's more ISFPs there than here, and number two people on that site don't have as many pre-conceived notions of me.

Crescent Fresh

Diving into Ni-space
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Another vote for ESFP.

Perhaps your N/S score might be on the boundary, I can really see you more as ESFP when comparing with my ESFP friends. There are lots of similarities.

Typically, once ESFP opens up, they seem not to have trouble opening up without any calculative factors, but I always felt ENFP is always conscious about the degree of their transparancy even when they're opening up with someone.

With you, or via your online journals and posts, I didn't get that from you.

So ESFP all the way! :solidarity:

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'll definitely look into finding that person. On Personality Cafe I have spent some time intentionally observing ISFPs and interacting with them, because number one there's more ISFPs there than here, and number two people on that site don't have as many pre-conceived notions of me.

I truly don't see you as an ISFP through the computer screen. They are a very relaxed, zen type. Unassuming, phlegmatic, (as far as I can see.) You (through the computer screen), just seem very fiery, passionate, sanguine, regardless of how much or little you enjoy the spotlight/can be alone/ like or dislike to be around people.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Haha...okay. Clearly Se dominance, no matter which way my social extroversion can vary.

JTG once called me "an explosion of words" and I had a really obvious introvert IRL (I believe he was INxP) tell me that I talked too fast for him, that when I talked it was just like this really intense thing, even though I don't talk all of the time. An ESFJ friend of mine also believes I'm an extrovert, but he's more socially extroverted than me.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Another vote for ESFP.

Perhaps your N/S score might be on the boundary, I can really see you more as ESFP when comparing with my ESFP friends. There are lots of similarities.

Typically, once ESFP opens up, they seem not to have trouble opening up without any calculative factors, but I always felt ENFP is always conscious about the degree of their transparancy even when they're opening up with someone.

With you, or via your online journals and posts, I didn't get that from you.

So ESFP all the way! :solidarity:

:solidarity:

True..I'm very open. Ha.

Sunny Ghost

Lol.

His name is TheLuckyOne, and he's really cool. He has a confident and very intelligent air about him when he writes, similar to you, actually.

And yes, there are a lot of ISFP's there. I think that was one of the reasons I became attracted to that site over time.

Sunny Ghost

I truly don't see you as an ISFP through the computer screen. They are a very relaxed, zen type. Unassuming, phlegmatic, (as far as I can see.) You (through the computer screen), just seem very fiery, passionate, sanguine, regardless of how much or little you enjoy the spotlight/can be alone/ like or dislike to be around people.

I'm not sure how zen or phlegmatic I am. Maybe I'm a bad ISFP.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I'm not sure how zen or phlegmatic I am. Maybe I'm a bad ISFP.

You seem pretty zen to me, though melancholic- not phlegmatic. (Through the screen again-so who knows?? :laugh:)

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Britney Spears doesn't strike me as zen or unassuming either. Nor did Marilyn Monroe.

Ozzy Osbourne? Um, nope.

I am also of the opinion that Eminem is ISFP. Some people might say ISTP but he's just too damned Fi.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Britney Spears doesn't strike me as zen or unassuming either. Nor did Marilyn Monroe.

Ozzy Osbourne? Um, nope.

I am also of the opinion that Eminem is ISFP. Some people might say ISTP but he's just too damned Fi.

I guess so. :shrug:
I must be thinking of the nines.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ

I think it depends on the Ennegram. Lots of ISFPs are 9w8s - those are the "phlegmatic" ones - but they can also be 4s, 6s, 3s, 7s - 2s, even. Those can be more fiery.