• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which FP?

Which do you think I am?

• ENFP

Votes: 23 46.9%
  • INFP

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • ESFP

Votes: 24 49.0%
  • ISFP

Votes: 4 8.2%

• Total voters

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
well n's can be just as immature and reckless as anyone else.

I'm not talking about maturity, I'm talking about understanding and recognizing cause and effect relationships. my mistakes as a child were all from lack of discipline and restraint. if I did something wrong, I knew what I was getting into but chose to do it anyway :D

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not talking about maturity, I'm talking about understanding and recognizing cause and effect relationships. my mistakes as a child were all from lack of discipline and restraint. if I did something wrong, I knew what I was getting into but chose to do it anyway :D

that is just really not an n/s thing elfboy.

wolfy

awsm

So what you are saying is that N types have a better grasp of cause and effect and develop it at an earlier age than S types?

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx

I dunno about that.. I'm apt to say that my S friends were better at understanding very practical cause and effect. I tend to think that N's often believe they can manipulate or beat the system.. and because they are often good at it, they develop an "above the rules" attitude, that can slap them down HARD. FOr instance, When I was in my late teens I'd park my car in no parking zones. ALot of the times I didn't receive parking tickets, but when I did I'd crunch them up and throw them over my shoulder, with little to no concern that they'd ever come back on me. Needless to say I had my car "booted" 3 or 4 times in college.

Then again, perhaps it was a me being reckless thing and not type related. However, of my fellow N's.. I'd say that I've seen them get into the most bizarre situations, things that my S friends could just never imagine themselves getting into. Not to mention, ENFP's have a problem breaking promises.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What were your predictions about the "effect" of posting stuff like that? I realize it's cheating now since you've had a few responses. But if you were to be honest, what replies were you expecting? Just curious.

A

Anew Leaf

essentially you hate my more dogmatic Fi coupled with my sometimes ruthless, yet often ill informed Te

We can go with that. I don't think you are malicious or someone that I would ignore if they were hit by a bus and laying mangled on the pavement half alive. ;) I just dislike some of your sweeping dramatic statements you make with no regards for actual facts. :laugh:

I reserve my hate for people who truly deserve it. ^_^

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So what you are saying is that N types have a better grasp of cause and effect and develop it at an earlier age than S types?

basically, yes. it's fine if you disagree

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What were your predictions about the "effect" of posting stuff like that? I realize it's cheating now since you've had a few responses. But if you were to be honest, what replies were you expecting? Just curious.

basically what's happening now. a few people "no it's not", with one or two "so basically what you're saying is..." and maybe a few "I'm N but I do XYZ"

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So in other words you posted "the world is this way but I'm not going to offer an explanation or rationale, but correct me if I'm wrong" fully knowing that nobody would agree with you?

Mind if I ask.....why?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So in other words you posted "the world is this way but I'm not going to offer an explanation or rationale, but correct me if I'm wrong" fully knowing that nobody would agree with you?

Mind if I ask.....why?

I felt compelled to and saw no real consequences, so I did it.

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Yeah, as a Ne-user I often think: what if....and then my mental leap will leap a little too far, and ruffle some feathers. Especially when I am overly excited and my brain is working really fast. ENFP's think out loud and THEN apply judgement. So I don't think N's are always that aware of cause and effect...maybe afterwards? You have to learn to pad those absolute statements out buddy. I imagine you were just thinking that N's tend to look ahead, and try to see the principle behind things, so they might think more about what will happen in the future when i do this in the present. That's what I'm guessing you were thinking.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
ENFP, maybe iNFP. You're like the slightly more extraverted version of [MENTION=13648]Meek[/MENTION]. You have that classic, FiSi tendency to throw around these tangential, highly personal history anecdotes whenever you're trying to make a point and I don't really notice a lot of Se-Ni at all.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
ENFP, maybe iNFP. You're like the slightly more extraverted version of [MENTION=13648]Meek[/MENTION]. You have that classic, FiSi tendency to throw around these tangential, highly personal history anecdotes whenever you're trying to make a point and I don't really notice a lot of Se-Ni at all.

Interesting... though I saw a bunch of people on PersN call Meek an ISFP.

Hmmm.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Of course I disagree. But point out why you reckon it might be that way.

Ni and Ne deal with reading between the lines and recognizing the implicit consequences of one's actions. so logically wouldn't this mean that N children would be better and knowing the consequences of their actions at an earlier age?

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Interesting... though I saw a bunch of people on PersN call Meek an ISFP.

Hmmm.

A lot of that is N bias, because Meek is stupid. It's the same reason people want to type Elfboy as S, so they can disassociate themselves and they think "there's no way an N can be this ridiculous."

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A lot of that is N bias, because Meek is stupid. It's the same reason people want to type Elfboy as S, so they can disassociate themselves and they think "there's no way an N can be this ridiculous."

lol I figured that was the case

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Ni and Ne deal with reading between the lines and recognizing the implicit consequences of one's actions. so logically wouldn't this mean that N children would be better and knowing the consequences of their actions at an earlier age?

You assume they always read correctly. The result of this is Ns tend to be more prone to perceptual delusion.

:)