• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which FP?

Which do you think I am?

• ENFP

Votes: 23 46.9%
  • INFP

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • ESFP

Votes: 24 49.0%
  • ISFP

Votes: 4 8.2%

• Total voters

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Oh yay! Another Elfboy thread!!!

haha. Marm.. I'm not going to vote because without interacting with you in person I can't know for sure. What I do know is that you come across much more no-nonsense and to the point than most of the other ENFP's on here. I also think in most of your posts you pepper real-world examples -- of people you know, of past experiences, and so on -- than many N's tend to do. You seem less theory-centered and speculative in presentation, and more 'this is how it is'. I'm inclined to say ESFP based on presentation on the forums. Based on your video? You seem more reserved. I recall uumlau citing a good case for ISFP based on your video alone, and I didn't have huge reason to disagree with him. But I think you're more E than I.

Yes the reason why I leaned toward ENFP is because I am not all that extroverted IRL, though I can be very expressive at times. It's like when I'm extroverted I'm really extroverted, but usually I am pretty reserved and need time to myself. For that reason ENFP and ISFP made the most sense because of introverted extrovert and extroverted introvert.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
Not sure what you are Marm but Si appears to play a strong role and your decision maker is F-based.

Agreed...I read some of your posts and I can see a word-for-word restatements of information. Reminds me of this ESFJ guy I work with. Not saying you're ESFJ, but there's some Si being used somewhere.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
I was saying I'm not a J due to Fe, nor am I a J due to the Keirsey definition, which does have to do with being scheduled and organized.

Anyway, the person who I was responding to just says things like that to me because he's butthurt that I compared him to Benny Hill and laugh about PUA.

Doesn't want to sleep with you =/= FJ

FP =/= stupid slut

LOL @ Benny Hill.....I'd be mad if somebody said that to me too!

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Agreed...I read some of your posts and I can see a word-for-word restatements of information. Reminds me of this ESFJ guy I work with. Not saying you're ESFJ, but there's some Si being used somewhere.

Why are word for word restatements of information Si? Si is a world view that places value on subjective personal experiences and ascribes meaning to things based on past experience.

Stating facts is stating facts. I've always had a really good memory. Si =/= memory.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ni and Ne deal with reading between the lines and recognizing the implicit consequences of one's actions. so logically wouldn't this mean that N children would be better and knowing the consequences of their actions at an earlier age?
You're assuming both that recognizing consequences requires "reading between the lines" AND that "reading between the lines" improves the ability to recognize consequences. Most consequences are not at all abstraction-based, so why would an S have more trouble recognizing that you get sunburned if you play in the sun, or something stupid like that?

Also imo Ni is more of a "reading between the lines" function than Ne is. I would call Ne more of a "creating entirely new lines to read" function. As a result, Se children with tertiary Ni would theoretically have an edge over Ne children(i.e. with low Ni) when it comes to Ni activities....and that's not even getting into the fact that MBTI is defined by preference, not ability, so an S child could easily be better at some random N thing than an N child.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
LOL @ Benny Hill.....I'd be mad if somebody said that to me too!

Well, then maybe you shouldn't act like him if you don't want to be compared to him.

(not you)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh yay! Another Elfboy thread!!!

haha. Marm.. I'm not going to vote because without interacting with you in person I can't know for sure. What I do know is that you come across much more no-nonsense and to the point than most of the other ENFP's on here. I also think in most of your posts you pepper real-world examples -- of people you know, of past experiences, and so on -- than many N's tend to do. You seem less theory-centered and speculative in presentation, and more 'this is how it is'. I'm inclined to say ESFP based on presentation on the forums. Based on your video? You seem more reserved. I recall uumlau citing a good case for ISFP based on your video alone, and I didn't have huge reason to disagree with him. But I think you're more E than I.

this thread id not about me darling

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Marm, for some reason I keep reverting to ENFP or EXFP for you. I really don't know why, perhaps it's because that's how I've known you for a while. I'm mentally resistive to the ESFP change for you.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You're assuming both that recognizing consequences requires "reading between the lines" AND that "reading between the lines" improves the ability to recognize consequences. Most consequences are not at all abstraction-based, so why would an S have more trouble recognizing that you get sunburned if you play in the sun, or something stupid like that?

Also imo Ni is more of a "reading between the lines" function than Ne is. I would call Ne more of a "creating entirely new lines to read" function. As a result, Se children with tertiary Ni would theoretically have an edge over Ne children(i.e. with low Ni) when it comes to Ni activities....and that's not even getting into the fact that MBTI is defined by preference, not ability, so an S child could easily be better at some random N thing than an N child.

you bring up an excellent point. I'll think about that for a bit

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

That's how I view it too. Ne is like a constant game of make pretend. A gift and a handicap at the same time. I really can't fathom an ENFP child being a better predictor of effect than an ESxJ child.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^^ me either. i don't even know what's coming out of my mouth until i've said it half the time.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
It seems like the SJ child might be better at listening to parental instruction: "if you do this, then that will happen, so don't." So the SJ doesn't.

It seems like the SP would learn through observation or experience, or maybe like Randominity's Se/Ni example.

It seems like an Ni dom just might be more cautious.

It seems like someone with Ne might be able to imagine the horrible possibilities.

Therefore, all four perceiving functions could serve to give the person cause and effect in a way that would protect them.

On the other hand, Ne or Ni might get delusional, Se might be careless because it wants to have fun...but it seems like SJs actually still win at caution...unless they were raised in an environment where their Si was bombarded with questionable experiences and bad morals, then they might very easily fall into what had happened around them.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It seems like the SJ child might be better at listening to parental instruction: "if you do this, then that will happen, so don't." So the SJ doesn't.

It seems like the SP would learn through observation or experience, or maybe like Randominity's Se/Ni example.

It seems like an Ni dom just might be more cautious.

It seems like someone with Ne might be able to imagine the horrible possibilities.

Therefore, all four perceiving functions could serve to give the person cause and effect in a way that would protect them.

On the other hand, Ne or Ni might get delusional, Se might be careless because it wants to have fun...but it seems like SJs actually still win at caution...unless they were raised in an environment where their Si was bombarded with questionable experiences and bad morals, then they might very easily fall into what had happened around them.

Maybe- or imagine the positive possibilities rather than the negative ones and go do the dumb thing anyways. :laugh: No one can say, "yes, enxp teens are good at accurately predicting outcome." Those can be some of the craziest teens of all!

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Maybe- or imagine the positive possibilities rather than the negative ones and go do the dumb thing anyways. :laugh:

Yeah that's why I followed up with Ne or Ni could get delusional.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^^ me either. i don't even know what's coming out of my mouth until i've said it half the time.

That is a good thing. I mean, having to think what I say and what words to use, while trying to say it, makes communicating slow.

edit: ^ I've corrected that sentence like 3 times before posting it.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah that's why I followed up with Ne or Ni could get delusional.

Yea, true, and you're right on the other point, SJ's seem like they would win this one, being more focused on safety and caution.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yea, true, and you're right on the other point, SJ's seem like they would win this one, being more focused on safety and caution.

Yes, because Si draws new information carefully into its framework and connects it to existing points, so they aren't likely to rush into questionable experiences without undergoing this process.

On the other hand, SJs who are raised in chaos or questionable surroundings to begin with tend to adapt to that and can easily repeat the things that have gone on around them.

This is why all SJs aren't necessarily "conservative" ...it's because Si doesn't =/= conservative, it equals making linear connections carefully to pre-existing points of reference.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
As I've already mentioned, I tend to speak a lot from things I've experienced and people I've known, and I also tend to write creatively with a lot of sensory detail and based on "what I know" loosely rather than being a totally imaginary realm. I also place more value on personal memories than some ENFPs seem to. In my blog, one male ENFP says he hardly remembers his childhood before a certain age, says he thinks other people are lying when they say they do remember being very young, and regrets that he may not remember parts of his own son's babyhood.

Either I am conscious of my Si, or I am an Se type.

You can't pull something from nothing, Marm. Your family memories could be how your Si manifests itself. Our functions are calibrated differently, resulting in a unique mix that you really can only associate with you. There's so many variables from person to person you can't base their experiences as your measuring stick.

I think too much emphasis around here is trying to box people into the pre-packaged descriptions. The more fun aspect is trying to understand how the functions play out in them. It makes it a lot easier to approach this theory.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
You can't pull something from nothing, Marm. Your family memories could be how your Si manifests itself. Our functions are calibrated differently, resulting in a unique mix that you really can only associate with you. There's so many variables from person to person you can't base their experiences as your measuring stick.

I think too much emphasis around here is trying to box people into the pre-packaged descriptions. The more fun aspect is trying to understand how the functions play out in them. It makes it a lot easier to approach this theory.

My thinking is not linear, though. I do not have mature Si strenghths at all. If I have Si it is not adult. EricB has already pointed out that ESFP actually might make more sense for me because of the Si Opposing Personality Complex.

Most people have family memories. I am also a story teller, never forget that.