• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which FP?

Which do you think I am?

• ENFP

Votes: 23 46.9%
  • INFP

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • ESFP

Votes: 24 49.0%
  • ISFP

Votes: 4 8.2%

• Total voters

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
What I said doesn't even make sense. I just wanted to play too.

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
Sorry to uh, rerail the thread.... :ninja:

I'm gonna go against the recent flow and vote that you are an earthy ENFP.

To me, you vibe ENFP, you look ENFP, and you argue like an ENFP. You remind me a bit of my close ENFP friends, and not one bit like my ESFP sister. You have sort of an intense look in your eyes that seems N somehow, and the way you discuss things reminds me of my ENFP friends.

By contrast, my ESFP sister would never be interested in talking about any of the things you talk about, and has no interest whatsoever in any kind of debate or intellectual discussion.

When she was young, she didn't give a rat's ass about school, couldn't focus for 30 seconds on anything intellectual, and all she wanted to do was get married and have kids as soon as possible, which she did. She also can't hold on to $5 without spending it on something frivolous, even if her heat has been switched off in the winter because they haven't paid the bills. I'm not even stereotyping or exaggerating here, either, this shit is for realz. :shocking: And my family is very conservative, raised us to be responsible. My other sister and I both earned and paid our own way through uni.

I'm sure there are plenty ESFPs that aren't like her, but I just thought I'd give you my perspective on why you seem way more ENFP than ESFP from my experience with those 2 types.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Okay thanks for your input redcheerio. Although I will say that I graduated high school with a C average even though I was in advanced classes and made a perfect score on the AP Lit exam my senior year (due to sincerely not giving a fuck even though I was capable, and would read what I was interested in on my own instead of doing my homework). Going to college right out of high school felt like a trap to me, and I thought if the world ended, I wouldn't want to be stuck in college. That's how I decide what I want to do...if I only have x amount of time to live my life, what do I want to be doing?

So instead I started working, then became a dancer, started traveling around the country a bit, didn't end up in college until my mid-twenties, when I definitely DID want to go...and had an almost perfect GPA, but that's also because I majored in something I loved and felt like I had something to prove in terms of my intellect.

I found that working as an editor/freelance writer began to bore me, and that I really need to do something with more action (probably why I was a waitress and a dancer, et al, for so long)...I think I'd honestly like to be a pastry chef unless I can finagle being a full-time novelist.

Yes, I love to discuss ideas, and I'm very theoretical and literary. It's why I considered ISFP instead of ESFP because there seem to be many more ISFP novelist types than ESFPs.

Henry Miller is a good example of a kind of harsh, earthy ENFP...if he was ENFP but he seems like he was and I usually see him typed as ENFP or ENTP, but ENTP is absolutely ABSURD because Miller was so driven by romance and love...and when I was very young he was one of my heroes. The man pulled no punches in his writing, was quite profane, rude, had his books banned for several years, and traveled and at one point even lived on the streets. A lot of what he says seems almost ESFP-ish. I could be an ESFP-ish ENFP.

"This is not a book in the ordinary sense of the word. No, this is a prolonged insult, a gob of spit in the face of art, a kick in the pants to God, Man, Destiny, Time, Love, Beauty... what you will." ~ Henry Miller

And I'll tell you exactly why I love Miller: because he lived a very full life and went out and experienced things, and his writing was full of reality, and one of his motives was simply cutting the crap and writing vividly about real life. But he did so with poetry and philosophy intertwined. His books are beautiful and grotesque all at the same time.

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
Okay thanks for your input redcheerio. Although I will say that I graduated high school with a C average even though I was in advanced classes and made a perfect score on the AP Lit exam my senior year (due to sincerely not giving a fuck even though I was capable, and would read what I was interested in on my own instead of doing my homework). Going to college right out of high school felt like a trap to me, and I thought if the world ended, I wouldn't want to be stuck in college. That's how I decide what I want to do...if I only have x amount of time to live my life, what do I want to be doing?

So instead I started working, then became a dancer, started traveling around the country a bit, didn't end up in college until my mid-twenties, when I definitely DID want to go...and had an almost perfect GPA, but that's also because I majored in something I loved and felt like I had something to prove in terms of my intellect.

I found that working as an editor/freelance writer began to bore me, and that I really need to do something with more action (probably why I was a waitress and a dancer, et al, for so long)...I think I'd honestly like to be a pastry chef unless I can finagle being a full-time novelist.

That's so awesome!! Now you're reminding me a LOT of my ENFP friends, and making me wish I'd followed my heart more often like an ENFP. I was terribly unfocused in school, but everyone told me it would be too hard to go to school if I took any time off after high school. I got through anyway, had a blast, and perfected my cramming skills, but I definitely would have been more focused if I'd worked and traveled first.

Yes, I love to discuss ideas, and I'm very theoretical and literary. It's why I considered ISFP instead of ESFP because there seem to be many more ISFP novelist types than ESFPs.

Henry Miller is a good example of a kind of harsh, earthy ENFP...if he was ENFP but he seems like he was and I usually see him typed as ENFP or ENTP, but ENTP is absolutely ABSURD because Miller was so driven by romance and love...and when I was very young he was one of my heroes. The man pulled no punches in his writing, was quite profane, rude, had his books banned for several years, and traveled and at one point even lived on the streets. A lot of what he says seems almost ESFP-ish. I could be an ESFP-ish ENFP.

"This is not a book in the ordinary sense of the word. No, this is a prolonged insult, a gob of spit in the face of art, a kick in the pants to God, Man, Destiny, Time, Love, Beauty... what you will." ~ Henry Miller

And I'll tell you exactly why I love Miller: because he lived a very full life and went out and experienced things, and his writing was full of reality, and one of his motives was simply cutting the crap and writing vividly about real life. But he did so with poetry and philosophy intertwined. His books are beautiful and grotesque all at the same time.

Wow, I'll have to check him out, he sounds hilarious. He sounds like someone my ENFP friend would love. She loves people who are blunt and not afraid to speak their minds. She does not have any of the stereotypical NF softness.

Anyway, I'm no expert, and I could be completely wrong. Just my take on it.

crack

Starting note: I do not believe in the perfectness of the MBTI. I think in most cases it is quite brilliant, but I do not see why deviations from any of the boxes cannot-ever-no-matter-what!!! happen.

With that approach to MBTI in mind, the MBTI's use is only in helping you understand yourself/others (/"the psychological dimension of life"). If using the MBTI for this purpose, as far as your self is concerned, you would understand the most about yourself from understanding the type you best fit. That type, to me, is ENFP... simply because that is the type you most often are personifying.

Maybe there's a bias of being on the internet, where your communication is bound to be pensive and theoretical. Maybe you are not this way in real life, but are actually more so action-for-action-oriented's sake (ESFP, to me) and less pensive and ponderous? I get that you have a bit of an Se bug, but I'd find it hard to believe you are not ponderous and contemplative IRL, and more interested in action and experience and variety of immediate sensation (Se/ESFP).

Maybe I am wrong about that. I do not know you nor have read all of this thread to understand how you could possibly consider being Se-dom, nor incorrectly think that ESFP's cannot be intellectual... but ponderous, contemplative? I personally don't think ESFP's can be that way - the dom function is the most desired function, compulsive-like in its quest to be satisfied. Se is immediate action, and being pondering and a little suspended-in-time is the antithesis of Se, so it just does not compute in my head. I say no to ISFP because you are so overwhelmingly interested in the outside world first and foremost that I can't consider your dom function as being anything but Extroverted (or is it Extraverted?).

Can be a lot of reasons you have an Se bug. Social/environmental conditioning, in the end. I know you've posted your parents' types before and their types did not involve Se if I remember correctly (I might be wrong, though. I can't remember if you said your Mother was ESFP or ESFJ, so either I'm dead right or dead wrong. Swear you said she was ESFx, but I could be wrong altogether.), but even so, conitioning can come from friends or even just the environment - psychological climate - you grew up in.

Having an Se bug would not, to me, make you more than one type (like those people who are seemingly both, at different times), or "balanced" between two because that still implies 'being' the other non-most-often-you type... I would just classify it as a person with a wider interest base than is usual for the one type. For example, you'd be an ENFP who realizes the significance or worthiness of Se (all the activities/philosophies that entails), and has that urge (doing Se stuff) within them often.

With all of this said, my gut is urging me to vote ESFP, which is the opposite of what I've said here. :wtf: All I know is you seem more concrete, ground-ed, than the ENFP type conjures up for me. I think that's why my gut is compelling me to vote ESFP, because if I vote ENFP that might give you the wrong idea. So... I'm not going to vote. Other than "Most Kickass ENFP I've Seen." :headphne:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Starting note: I do not believe in the perfectness of the MBTI. I think in most cases it is quite brilliant, but I do not see why deviations from any of the boxes cannot-ever-no-matter-what!!! happen.

With that approach to MBTI in mind, the MBTI's use is only in helping you understand yourself/others (/"the psychological dimension of life"). If using the MBTI for this purpose, as far as your self is concerned, you would understand the most about yourself from understanding the type you best fit. That type, to me, is ENFP... simply because that is the type you most often are personifying.

Maybe there's a bias of being on the internet, where your communication is bound to be pensive and theoretical. Maybe you are not this way in real life, but are actually more so action-for-action-oriented's sake (ESFP, to me) and less pensive and ponderous? I get that you have a bit of an Se bug, but I'd find it hard to believe you are not ponderous and contemplative IRL, and more interested in action and experience and variety of immediate sensation (Se/ESFP).

Maybe I am wrong about that. I do not know you nor have read all of this thread to understand how you could possibly consider being Se-dom, nor incorrectly think that ESFP's cannot be intellectual... but ponderous, contemplative? I personally don't think ESFP's can be that way - the dom function is the most desired function, compulsive-like in its quest to be satisfied. Se is immediate action, and being pondering and a little suspended-in-time is the antithesis of Se, so it just does not compute in my head. I say no to ISFP because you are so overwhelmingly interested in the outside world first and foremost that I can't consider your dom function as being anything but Extroverted (or is it Extraverted?).

Can be a lot of reasons you have an Se bug. Social/environmental conditioning, in the end. I know you've posted your parents' types before and their types did not involve Se if I remember correctly (I might be wrong, though. I can't remember if you said your Mother was ESFP or ESFJ, so either I'm dead right or dead wrong. Swear you said she was ESFx, but I could be wrong altogether.), but even so, conitioning can come from friends or even just the environment - psychological climate - you grew up in.

Having an Se bug would not, to me, make you more than one type (like those people who are seemingly both, at different times), or "balanced" between two because that still implies 'being' the other non-most-often-you type... I would just classify it as a person with a wider interest base than is usual for the one type. For example, you'd be an ENFP who realizes the significance or worthiness of Se (all the activities/philosophies that entails), and has that urge (doing Se stuff) within them often.

With all of this said, my gut is urging me to vote ESFP, which is the opposite of what I've said here. :wtf: All I know is you seem more concrete, ground-ed, than the ENFP type conjures up for me. I think that's why my gut is compelling me to vote ESFP, because if I vote ENFP that might give you the wrong idea. So... I'm not going to vote. Other than "Most Kickass ENFP I've Seen." :headphne:

THANKS!!!

Mom is ESFP.

And as ENFP as I seemed in that video, I bet I look more ESFP here:

Picture16.jpg

WHICH IS THE REAL ME?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Today's thought experiment is to post a short video of myself where I am being a lot more natural, though I can't inform you of the exact context, it makes me seem more "me" than some of the prepared videos or formal speeches I've posted here with the intention of being typed. How can you really see someone's personality if they're not being themselves?

You have to clicky on picture to see the video.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Okay so I'm here checking, and seeing that over half of the forum voted me as "ESFP" and only 6 people voted me as an IxFP of either flavor.

Also, today my ESFJ friend called me a "fellow motor mouth" and I'm wondering if I'm asocial but expressive, and if this is common in Pe doms in general, because I think I have a special man friend who is also an ExFP who seems relatively asocial and needs alone time, so IS THIS MERELY A MANIFESTATION OF Fi???

Are ExFPs less needy or desirous of companionship than ExFJs and if so, then we need an "audience" more amirite?

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think you're overthinking this a bit

SoraMayhem

defying your expectations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I would like to see you interact with others in person, but IMO, INFP or ISFP. Fi dom seems most likely, and I see Si in you, which makes me lean INFP, but once again, it'd be easier to tell if I saw you in an interactive context.

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Why u tink this, son?

I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said anything unless I was prepared to to present reasoning. I don't have a lot to go on, you just remind me of a scrappy INFP I know IRL.

I guess it's really sort of preposterous to say. But sometimes I can't let go of my stupid impressions. If I had to build an argument I would argue ENFP e6. That would allow you to be intuitive but in the flesh, gritty but caring.

Edit: Also

I would like to see you interact with others in person, but IMO, INFP or ISFP. Fi dom seems most likely, and I see Si in you, which makes me lean INFP, but once again, it'd be easier to tell if I saw you in an interactive context.

Yeah! I get a Fi-Si vibe too. But I really can't pretend to know her that well.