• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is the biggest compliment/insult someone could give you?

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
+1

LOL! There are a lot of girls I classify as ''not blonde nor brunette''. Red is tricky. I mean, your hair probably isn't like this, you know? :thinking:

:laugh: Red can be a bit tricky outside of the stereotypical ginger.. There are just as many shades of red as there are of any other color. But people don't really 'see' any red-heads outside of the stark-red-on-pale-transparent-skin types.. so I often get misclassified.

G

Ginkgo

Biggest compliment: You're a good, virtuous person. Good heart, etc.

Biggest insult: The opposite.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
Hm. I feel like I could think of something better, but I like when people tell me I'm funny. I also like it when people think I'm intelligent.

The worst insult I can think of, though this isn't a specific 'name-calling" thing, involves people treating me like dirt because I wear hearing aids. I had a classmate once suggest that I should take off my hearing aids when our group went to meet with a networking contact because they might give him a bad impression. :dry:

rav3n

Hm. I feel like I could think of something better, but I like when people tell me I'm funny. I also like it when people think I'm intelligent.

The worst insult I can think of, though this isn't a specific 'name-calling" thing, involves people treating me like dirt because I wear hearing aids. I had a classmate once suggest that I should take off my hearing aids when our group went to meet with a networking contact because they might give him a bad impression. :dry:
Did you suggest that this classmate take their head out of their ass, so the contact didn't get the wrong idea?

Malcontent

MBTI Type
abcd
Compliment: ""You are very intelligent, a genius!" :happy2:
Insult: "You are wrong about your life choices" :mad:

GirlFromMars

MBTI Type
INFP
compliments:
"You're so unique"
"You're so interesting"
"I never told anyone that before"
"I love talking to you"

Insults:
Being ignored.
Being told I'm wrong when stating my opinion. How can an opinion be wrong?!
Being told I'm silly for feeling a certain way.

I'm sure there's more, but those popped into my mind straight away.

tifpod

MBTI Type
INTJ
Compliments: Huh. I'm easy. Just compliment my writing or my art. Anything else is just kind of "Oh yeah? That's great." lol. For example, my coworkers had a habit of complimenting my hair for a while. I would just blink and say, "Thanks. I brushed it."

Insults: I guess the worst is if someone says I'm a bad friend or I don't care. It makes me feel like trash. Not enough to do anything about it, just you know. Friends are important to me. And I guess because caring is one area I feel like goes over my head half the time.

Silveresque

Compliment: Something positive about my personality (eg. "You're cool").

Insult: I'm not easily insulted since I tend to take criticism well. I am unable to feel insulted or angry if the insult is true, because then I can just accept it and say, "Yeah, you're probably right," and then I withdraw and may or may not proceed to feel bad about myself. But if the insult isn't true then I can be very insulted. The worst for me would probably be if someone calls me stupid or lazy, or tells me I have no personality.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I am an INFJ. The biggest compliment someone could give me would be to say they love me, or that I am a lot of fun to be around.

Biggest compliments: "You're lovable" (I know how sappy that sounds...but it's true); "you're very caring"; "you go out of your way for others"; "you're doing your best and succeeding quite well" (that may not sound like much, but it's also true); "you have a beautiful soul" (oooohhhh...sorry for all the sappiness!! But still true!)

Compliment - well, basically anything having to do with the other person liking ME - some character trait or quality about myself. I just... don't really get that sort of thing. :( I tend to be complimented over things/actions/deliverables that I excel at. I'm complimented on 'results', I guess, and things that I do and accomplish... but I very rarely am complimented on any core trait. I'd love to be complimented on particular traits. (Not that I don't appreciate any sort of compliment, though. :)).

Pattern noted INFJs, pattern well noted!

*notes*

The biggest compliment to me would be someone telling me that they wanted to get to know me and then taking working out how to get past my barriers in order to do so.

I'm damn near impossible to insult but I would shut down to someone who presumed to tell me who I am or what I think, especially when I have told them otherwise. That and judging me.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
The biggest insult would be to say I am not intelligent. I had a crush on a guy for 2 years and then he told me once that I didn't get his jokes because I wasn't smart enough. I didn't laugh at his jokes because they were stupid 1st grader level jokes. That was an instant turn-off and I never liked him again.

Let me guess...young ENTP male? Or maybe INTJ? :alttongue:

The biggest insult anyone ever gave me was, "CzeCze, when did you become so pedestrian and BORING"

WHHHHHHHHHHHAT?

I was so pissed. First, I was shocked because I'm anything but commonplace (yes I am a unique wonderful snowflake - now shut it, haterz :alttongue:). No one has EVER said or insinuated anything like that to me before or since then. So I had to laugh. He was purposely trying to insult me, not because he thought I was being boring, but well, let's just say he was peeved.

He was/is ESFP so I think he was able to intuitively pinpoint the thing that would bug me most in that moment.

My ISTJ friend laughed about it too, "Dang, he really got you good, because you're STILL talking about it!"

Best compliment - hmmm, I'm not gonna tell you! Because you're gonna take something special and beautiful to me and twist it into a bad type joke. So there!!!?!?!

'Kay that was fun. :D

Vizzy

Enneagram
5w4
When someone called me "ineffective/incompetent" recently, I was surprised how much it offended me. Actually started welling up while waiting for the train home.

Noon

biggest compliments:
- "I've never told anyone this before."
- "I feel like I can tell you anything."
- "I feel safe/accepted/understood with you."
- "You have a beautiful heart." (oh so sappy :alttongue:)

- Being thought of as different in a good way
- Having any personal creation appreciated
- The Holy Grail: being accepted by someone after I've shown them all of my self, which is an unbelievably difficult thing for me to do.

biggest insults:
Anything that makes me feel misunderstood, or empty, or without value, or irreparably flawed and unforgivable as a person.

My type's somewhere between ISFJ and ISFP; I can't tell the difference anymore.

Biggest compliment/s:
'You're amazing just the way you are'
'I dunno why I told you that, but I'm glad I did.Thanks for listening.'
'I feel safe to tell you anything, knowing you won't judge.'

:yes:
Definitely.

Chiharu

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Such an ENFP 4w3 thing....

Compliment: That someone feels connected to me. That I'm special. That I'm irresistible. The best I've ever received was that I was "wonderfully natural".
Insult: I hate being called a bitch. That you don't care how I feel. That I'm immoral. I hate when people tell ME that THEY "know" what MY motives are better than I do.

A

Anew Leaf

INFP 4w? sx/sp:

compliments:
  • anything acknowledging that I have been a good friend to someone makes my heart sing. :blush:
  • anything that showcases how my little galaxy of molecules and soul dust has made their life extra special. :blush: x200
  • I love youz, and stuff. :blush: x infinity and beyond

insults:
  • dismiss my thoughts and feelings.
  • accuse me of an untruth. :overreact:

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I hate being called delusional, or a bitch. Slut really pisses me off too, just because I hate the way people call girls "slut" as an insult.

I like being called competent, and being acknowledged for doing a good job.

V

violaine

It's contingent upon whom is paying me the compliment or trying to insult me. And the reasons why. A genuine, personalized compliment, or a justified insult from someone I care about will land.