• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is the biggest compliment/insult someone could give you?

Lily flower

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Tell us your type and what would be the biggest compliment and insult that someone could give you?

I am an INFJ. The biggest compliment someone could give me would be to say they love me, or that I am a lot of fun to be around.

The biggest insult would be to say I am not intelligent. I had a crush on a guy for 2 years and then he told me once that I didn't get his jokes because I wasn't smart enough. I didn't laugh at his jokes because they were stupid 1st grader level jokes. That was an instant turn-off and I never liked him again.

jimrckhnd

MBTI Type
INTP
Biggest compliment: a positive comment about my intellect or a piece of intellectual work.

Biggest insult: the reverse - say I'm stupid and we have issues.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Biggest compliments - When people somehow convey to me that I am close to them (i.e. You're definitely one of us), when people point out my efforts (i.e. I noticed that you always show up), and on a more shallow note when people appreciate the way I dress or like my sense of humor.

Biggest insults - When someone mistakes my kindness as weakness, when people are fake (not in the conforming emo-fake definition.. When people pretended to be my friend but really they dislike me, or are trying to get with me, or tried to use me to get to someone else, etc..), or disrespect me (i.e. doing something stupid hoping I'm too stupid to know what's going on).. On a more shallow note, I HATE it when people call me skinny, or mistake my hair for any other color but red. (I want to strangle a kitten when people call me a blond or brunette..)

Xyk

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I haven't encountered an insult that's really hurt me. I find words extremely easy to shake off. The best way to hurt me is to insult my close friends or family, especially if one is female. (special note: that includes a close friend or family member insulting him/herself). It's a little upsetting to me that I feel protective for my female friends, but not my male friends (because I assume the male friends would rather stand up for themselves than have me do it). I might just snap and mess you up.

Compliments don't really have much effect either, unless they're about something I care about, like my intelligence, or my music.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Biggest compliment: a positive comment about my intellect or a piece of intellectual work.

Biggest insult: the reverse - say I'm stupid and we have issues.
+1
(I want to strangle a kitten when people call me a blond or brunette..)
LOL! There are a lot of girls I classify as ''not blonde nor brunette''. Red is tricky. I mean, your hair probably isn't like this, you know? :thinking:

Ponyboy

Insert witty line here...
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
I may not be that smart but I think the stupid/smart (intellect) trend may continue for awhile. That's what I was going to write.

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???
I don't know I can answer that question exactly without going a bit around the question, I apologize :)

I just know that compliments to my intelligence do NOT make me feel better. In my opinion not because I am an arrogant bastard who "knows it anyway" (I know I am not stupid, but I don't make a genius out of myself), but rather because that seems to be the only thing most people see in me and that is the only thing I ever hear that seems good enough about me to mention. People rarely (directly) appreciate me for anything else, so when I hear again an appreciation for intelligence, it sometimes has even a frustrating effect on me actually (which I show outwardly only in quietness / desinterest, which might be seen either as arrogance or awkwardness, I have no idea). At least it rarely makes me feel better.

Insults... I don't know. I felt insulted by actions more than by words. I rarely got insulted directly by words, and if, then usually not by people I care about, so it didn't do too much to me. I felt often insulted by actions of people I care about though, which show they don't really care about my person or that I do not belong to their closer circle.

Jessica

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Compliment: You have a sexy brain.

Insult: Are you an INTJ?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
insult: "you look like a junkie" after the initial shock, I responded "omg, are you serious?!" then I thanked them and immediately went home and re-did my image, got dressier clothes and started straightening my hair. it was such a shock to me, I thought I was so sophisticated and well dressed...but I guess I wasn't lol

Simi

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Compliments: I like being told that I'm entertaining, smart, hilarious and clever. (; I feel complimented when people are appreciative of the things I do for them, a little paragraph-worth of words from someone telling me how important or helpful I am can totally make my day.

Insults: I hate when people tell me or make me feel like I'm boring to be around, I'm EXTREMELY insulted when people blow off our plans for no good excuse, it makes me feel disliked. Telling me that my cleavage is the only thing important about me is a good way to get on my bad side, hitting on all of my friends but not me when I'm there also insults me for some reason beyond me, I think it makes me feel like I'm the "ugly friend".

Illmatic

Compliments: shit thats smart.

Insults: Shut up! or Fuck you're annoying or when someone says shit behind my back.

Wht type tht does sound like?

storybrook

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w5
A great compliment to me is to tell me I'm creative or that I've come up with an original idea.

The worst insult is to tell me I'm boring.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Compliment: Being told i have such passion for people (That made me smile)

Insult: Words used just to be spiteful. That shit rips through me like a knife through paper.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Biggest compliments: "You're lovable" (I know how sappy that sounds...but it's true); "you're very caring"; "you go out of your way for others"; "you're doing your best and succeeding quite well" (that may not sound like much, but it's also true); "you have a beautiful soul" (oooohhhh...sorry for all the sappiness!! But still true!)

Biggest insults: "You're fake"; "no one wants you"; "you're unattractive"; and probably the worst..."you're uncaring" or "you're cold".

EDIT: Oh, and this bitchy girl told me years ago I wasn't a threat (like she was? hah) and I never quite put that behind me!!

Last edited:

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Biggest compliment/s:

'You're amazing just the way you are'
'I dunno why I told you that, but I'm glad I did.Thanks for listening.'
'I feel safe to tell you anything, knowing you won't judge.'
'That was very insightful, thanks for the advice'
'You're smarter than I first expected' (I love playing the underdog)

Basically: recognizing what is important to me in life and taking the time and effort to get to know me , to then demonstrate that.

And of course: succeeding in making a guy stammer and/or lost for words due to my sheer presence :devil: :smile:
(I have a rep to maintain :smooch:)

Biggest insult/s:

'Like you'd ever be able to pull that off'
'And you are?'
'You're unethical in your behavior.'
'You're [insert premature jumping to conclusions bullshit that demonstrates nill understanding of who I am]', especially when done to entertain/upstage me in front of an audience.

Example: 'You think you're better than anyone else, when in truth, you're just selfish and calculated.'

Basically: demanding me to bow and concede to the other party's imagined authority over me.

I am ENFP.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Compliment - well, basically anything having to do with the other person liking ME - some character trait or quality about myself. I just... don't really get that sort of thing. :( I tend to be complimented over things/actions/deliverables that I excel at. I'm complimented on 'results', I guess, and things that I do and accomplish... but I very rarely am complimented on any core trait. I'd love to be complimented on particular traits. (Not that I don't appreciate any sort of compliment, though. :)).

Insult - I don't know. Someone blowing me off or finding me boring because I'm quiet and tend not to push my views? Oh, and I can't say I like being told that I'm 'no stunning beauty but...' (that happened 10 years ago and it still irks/bothers me). Not something that's necessary to verbalize. :dry:

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
compliment - something mushy about my soul being beautiful or me lighting people up or some gorgeous metaphor like that.

insult - getting told i'm failing at something i'm already beating myself up over

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
compliments:

"That was a very insightful/perceptive observation."

"Well said/well written."

"You're a very interesting person."

"I like just being with you."

"Wow, you're a great cook."

"You're the sexiest woman I know."

"You make me feel loved/understood/appreciated/accepted."

insults:

One of the worst insults is when someone falsely accuses me of something I'm not doing, or says I don't believe in or follow my own ethical moral values. That pisses me right off.

When someone disregards my form of intelligence because it's not like their own.

Yeah, and I'm going to second the no one likes you/no one would want you/you're unattractive...I find that very hurtful.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
compliments:

"That was a very insightful/perceptive observation."

"Well said/well written."

"You're a very interesting person."

"I like just being with you."

"Wow, you're a great cook."

"You're the sexiest woman I know."

"You make me feel loved/understood/appreciated/accepted."

insults:

One of the worst insults is when someone falsely accuses me of something I'm not doing, or says I don't believe in or follow my own ethical moral values. That pisses me right off.

When someone disregards my form of intelligence because it's not like their own.

Yeah, and I'm going to second the no one likes you/no one would want you/you're unattractive...I find that very hurtful.

seriously, fuck people who say that shit, especially people with no concept of Fi.

Xenon

(blankpages)
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Best compliments: Anything about my thoughts or ideas. I like to be told that I have insightful or interesting things to say, or that I made someone think about something in a new way. I also like to be complimented on my writing or my sense of humour. And I like to be told that I'm honest, whether it's meant as a compliment or not. ;)

Worst insults: This one's harder to say. I can't really think of any direct insults. I think it feels worst when people just aren't paying attention to me at all, when I see everyone else around me enjoying and appreciating each other and I feel ignored. Or when I'm treated like I have nothing to say worth hearing, or when people assume I'm less knowledgeable or intelligent than I am.