• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Does Paranoia have anything to do with any type?

Illmatic

I have just noticed that i'm really paranoid when i'm in shopping centers and shit because i'm usually scared of people looking at me and afraid people are always out to get me (lol) and that if i look at someone wrongly i might get into some kind of conflict.

This associcated with any function?

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well...I'm an INFJ and enneagram type 6, so...probably as paranoid as it's possible to be ;) although I think I am reasonably "healthy".

But seriously - INFJ interest in and concern over human relationships and how others see me, Ni scanning infinite possibilities, and 6 anxiety, questioning, catastrophizing and concern over power relationships? I'm doomed! ;)

Xenon

(blankpages)
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I don't recommend typing yourself based on that. In my experience N-doms (INxJ and ENxP) are most often into those elaborate, out-there paranoid conspiracy theories, but the vague sense of being watched or targeted may not be type-related at all.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have just noticed that i'm really paranoid when i'm in shopping centers and shit because i'm usually scared of people looking at me and afraid people are always out to get me (lol) and that if i look at someone wrongly i might get into some kind of conflict.

This associcated with any function?

my evidence is strictly anecdotal, but I've noticed correlations with
I, F, J
Si, Ni, Fe
1, 2, 6, unhealthy 8s

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ESTP with opressive inferior Ni tend to be extremely and severly paranoid.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think I'm mainly paranoid over how others see me, though I'm learning to control that better. I'm not really into conspiracy theories and find a lot of them pretty ridiculous. It's mostly focused around human relationships for me, and I am definitely more confident and secure on the whole than I used to be.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ESTP with opressive inferior Ni tend to be extremely and severly paranoid.

:yes: ESFP as well, though less so because they use the Informing communication style (Get Things Going). ESTPs are directing types and feel more need to get results, which under stress can make them very Ni paranoid

storybrook

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w5
Paranoia is supposed to be related to your inferior function, i.e. because you don't understand it, you assume it will get the best of you. So INTJ/INFJs are supposed to be paranoid that physical objects in their environment will fail them (Inferior Se), INTP/ISTPs are supposed to be paranoid that other people hate them or will leave them (inferior Fe), and ENTP/ENFPs are supposed to be paranoid that their normal aches and pains are deathly diseases (inferior Si).

Personally I haven't had much experience that backs this up. I can sort of identify with the typical stress reactions of all the types, so I kind of think all these characterizations might rely on confirmation bias. But I'd be interested to hear if other people feel they're true for them.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
is it possible for a INTJ to be like tht?

Abso-freaking-lutely. Interacted with several both online and in person. That said, I don't know if it actually is related to personality type at all, or if I just have a skewed sample.

Lily flower

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
is it possible for a INTJ/INTP to be like tht?

The most paranoid person I know (who is a relative of mine) is either INTJ or ENTJ. He thinks everyone is out to get him.

I get paranoid in the grocery store, because I always think someone is looking in my grocery cart and judging it as "healthy" or "not healthy." I just have to remind myself that no one cares!

Lily flower

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Paranoia is supposed to be related to your inferior function, i.e. because you don't understand it, you assume it will get the best of you. So INTJ/INFJs are supposed to be paranoid that physical objects in their environment will fail them (Inferior Se), INTP/ISTPs are supposed to be paranoid that other people hate them or will leave them (inferior Fe), and ENTP/ENFPs are supposed to be paranoid that their normal aches and pains are deathly diseases (inferior Si).

Personally I haven't had much experience that backs this up. I can sort of identify with the typical stress reactions of all the types, so I kind of think all these characterizations might rely on confirmation bias. But I'd be interested to hear if other people feel they're true for them.

This is a fascinating theory. I think that I mostly worry about what people think about me and not things, but I certainly worry about money and security a lot, and I imagine money would be an S thing.

Mole

Permabanned
What is fascinating about parnoia is that it it psychological preparation to attack. Of course the paranoid is unaware of this and projects their own hostility onto others.

And in fact it is very hard to become aware of our own hostility to others, as it is so socially unacceptable.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
IxFJs, primary Ne-doms and my cat are the epitome of paranoia

Mole

Permabanned
IxFJs, primary Ne-doms and my cat are the epitome of paranoia

Para-noia means parallel knowing. And we all know parallel lines never meet, at least in a flat universe. And it turns out, dear Enropie, that our universe is flat, in that the sum total of all energy is zero.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I think all types have different types of paranoia. I don't think my ISTP dad ever trusts anyone. I am also pretty paranoid.

I never fully trust that people are being honest about emotions, for example (though it isn't a totally inferior function of mine). I have met some very charming boys, who I have felt attraction towards, but probably never would have trusted them, not knowing for sure the extent of their honesty (damned ENFJs).

Aches and pains I have never worried about. I am a total 'it's only a flesh wound, but my ankle is bleeding out' sort of person. I am also paranoid about the possibilities of 'what could happen'. Like when driving over bridges. Walking in the woods at dusk. Swimming in the ocean. Etc.

Mostly, I don't trust people.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Para-noia means parallel knowing. And we all know parallel lines never meet, at least in a flat universe. And it turns out, dear Enropie, that our universe is flat, in that the sum total of all energy is zero.

Hope dies last