• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Professional MBTI tests

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
Anyone here ever had a professionally administered MBTI test? Did you find it any more or less useful than doing a bunch of online tests? Was it worth the money?

Anyway, I only ask because I'll be going to a career counsellor during the week who is certified in Myers-Briggs and other temperament assessments, and I'm wondering if I'll bother getting it done while I'm there. So, your experiences will help :)

storybrook

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w5
I have been professionally tested and also taken a bunch of online tests. I absolutely think the real MBTI is worth the money, not because it's 100% accurate (it isn't) but because at least there's some accountability to quality. I have gotten every result possible from online quizzes, from fairly accurate to laughably wrong (the free online test I see recommended everywhere always gives me ENFJ. Really?!?!). The real MBTI has gotten me pretty close, and doing some reading helped me confirm.

Plus, when you take the real MBTI, you get to talk over the result with someone who knows the system, which is really the best way to figure out your type.