• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which type is crazier, INTP or INFP?

Which is the crazier of them all?

• INTPs

Votes: 16 25.4%
  • INFPs

Votes: 32 50.8%
  • Ah... no. Just no. Only Es can be crazy.

Votes: 15 23.8%

• Total voters

amazingdatagirl

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
INTPs are the logical, creeper kinds of crazy who scare "normal" people with their vast knowledge and "DID YOU KNOW?"s.
My ENFP daughter taught me to tone down the creepy paternal Ne. I still remember a tearful 4 yr old begging me to stop scaring her. (Just for the record - I did NOT do it on purpose). She is 26 now and seems to have turned out reasonably OK.

My vote for craziest of all - ENTPs. They seem to defy the conventional wisdom that everyone "mellows out" as they get older. ENTPs defy all conventions.

Sunshiney

MBTI Type
INFP
[MENTION=10769]amazingdatagirl[/MENTION] Haha, aww that's kind of cute and sad. Good thing you were told in the beginning and were able to manage the creep that's inside all of us. I'm still trying to control mine when around my non-N friends/ my friends who get really weirded out easily. :laugh: Not my fault my interests and obsessions aren't the "norm"!

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I move for a mistrial. An INTP is clearly sleeping with the judge :ranting:

Objection! That is impossible!

The judge would not have time to come here and listen to these hearings if the judge did in fact sleep with an INTP.

Octarine

The Eighth Colour
MBTI Type
Aeon
Enneagram
10w
Instinctual Variant
so
Maybe we need some examples for a proper comparison.

Representing INTPs, we have Robert Pirsig and Ted Kaczynski. (actually, I'm just making those up)
Representing INFPs, um.. Can I have some well known examples? Thanks.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
INFPs. *lays down stack of evidence*

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
INTPs

*Brings out scores of hours of video, conversation transcripts, and signed affidavits from reliable witnesses.*

Jessica

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
I've been with INFPs and known a fair number of them. They are crazy.

That's not a bad thing. I tend to enjoy them even when crazy, because they direct the craziness away from me.

kalevala

MBTI Type
I?FP
INFPs!!! definitely more emotionally reactive. Although, I guess INTPs can be crazy in the sense of being pretty isolated from reality?

Octarine

The Eighth Colour
MBTI Type
Aeon
Enneagram
10w
Instinctual Variant
so
Although, I guess INTPs can be crazy in the sense of being pretty isolated from reality?

Trying to build a nuclear reactor in your garage is pretty crazy, no?

redacted

I think infps are way crazier, but I'm biased because my infp ex is crazy as fuck.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
I think infps are way crazier, but I'm biased because my infp ex is crazy as fuck.

:laugh:

If we're gonna get all stereotypey - INTPs are much more likely to be neurotic but as far as emotional nuttiness...c'mon Fi all the way. And by that I mean INFPs since as an ENFP I am soooooooooooo removed from this equation. :D :D :D

More stereotypes - INTPs might get some minimal grudging respect from society as the mad scientist/eccentric professor types but INFPs don't as the crazy cat lady/ homeless woman who talks to lamp posts/ town psychics.

People can dismiss Ti as at least "having a purpose" but Fi is just kooky and strange.

Mae

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5sp
I think my brother is an xNFP. Today, he ran around the house holding a book behind his back yelling that it was chasing him. He's so crazy, weird is normal behavior for him.

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???
I prefer to think that just everyone else is crazy and not me :)

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
INTP is crazier for sure!
albert-einstein.jpg

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
INFP's are openly crazy.

INTP's are the types that you go, oh they seem pretty pleasant and bright....right up until their anti matter generator sucks half the street away.