• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which type is crazier, INTP or INFP?

Which is the crazier of them all?

• INTPs

Votes: 16 25.4%
  • INFPs

Votes: 32 50.8%
  • Ah... no. Just no. Only Es can be crazy.

Votes: 15 23.8%

• Total voters

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
:rolleyes:

Are you people retarded? Even ISTJs can be bipolar or schizophrenic.

However, I will say that INxx in general can have a frustrating detachment from reality. INFPs and INTPs just do it differently.

I think INTPs are potentially more dangerous because Ti built on a false premise *seems* logical because of the structure, but the entire concept falls down like a house of cards because the original premise was illusory or incorrect.

no. only INFPs are crazy. ok?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
no. only INFPs are crazy. ok?

Okay now I'm going to elaborate even further on the danger of crazy INTPs...because if they have an incorrect or illusory false premise, their own argument could look logical to themselves because it is technically "logical" though it may be completely unrealistic or untrue. I actually get frustrated with INTPs a bunch for doing this, like their theories seem a bit out there, like, hey yeah, this has nothing to do with real life...but the REAL PROBLEM comes in with uneducated people who are fooled by big words. It actually terrifies me, I've encountered people on this site alone, including one NT I think of off the top of my head, who is deeply impressed by things which are seemingly logical, or they think what the person is saying is complex is actually really simplistic, but they're either uneducated or dumb enough to be fooled by big words.

A person - like Provoker for example - could say something extremely simplistic, even idiotic - but have some people convinced that what he's saying is "smart" or "true" because he knows how to structure his argument logically and uses 50 cent words.

Truly scary shit.

At least with INFPs they usually admit they aren't being terribly logical, or else other people won't buy into it as much, because it's less culturally enforced to pay attention to the way INFPs tend to phrase things, which is generally seen as being more "artistic" or "people oriented."

INTx are kind of like politicians, really. They can sell their ideas with academic language just like the politicians sell their ideas with emotive language. But at the end of the day, you have to separate the content from the rhetoric.

Xyk

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Okay now I'm going to elaborate even further on the danger of crazy INTPs...because if they have an incorrect or illusory false premise, their own argument could look logical to themselves because it is technically "logical" though it may be completely unrealistic or untrue. I actually get frustrated with INTPs a bunch for doing this, like their theories seem a bit out there, like, hey yeah, this has nothing to do with real life...but the REAL PROBLEM comes in with uneducated people who are fooled by big words. It actually terrifies me, I've encountered people on this site alone, including one NT I think of off the top of my head, who is deeply impressed by things which are seemingly logical, or they think what the person is saying is complex is actually really simplistic, but they're either uneducated or dumb enough to be fooled by big words.

A person - like Provoker for example - could say something extremely simplistic, even idiotic - but have some people convinced that what he's saying is "smart" or "true" because he knows how to structure his argument logically and uses 50 cent words.

Truly scary shit.

At least with INFPs they usually admit they aren't being terribly logical, or else other people won't buy into it as much, because it's less culturally enforced to pay attention to the way INFPs tend to phrase things, which is generally seen as being more "artistic" or "people oriented."

INTx are kind of like politicians, really. They can sell their ideas with academic language just like the politicians sell their ideas with emotive language. But at the end of the day, you have to separate the content from the rhetoric.

Lol, chill bro, of course INTP was kidding. Everyone is crazy sometimes. And types have very little to do with that.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
71946-SarcasmSign.jpg

FunnyDigestion

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
alright, let's get scholastic for a minute here... down & dirty to solve this once & for all :wizfreak:

- Merriam-webster:

crazy - 1 : full of cracks or flaws : unsound [-- "unsoundness" generally recalling defect, functional deficiency in thought & behavior-- seems overall more characteristc of INFP]

b : crooked, askew [-- hmmmm.... could be either, as both types are commonly perceived eccentric-- though perhaps the visual element in these descriptors points more toward INTP who tend to be more visibly odd]

2 a : mad, insane <yelling like a crazy man> [-- I include the example of usage because it contains an expressive aspect-- i.e. mad & insane are figured as qualities in expression, which may be inward in origin but only manifest in the outer, pointing to intensity &/or emotionality of communication style-- again broadly INFP]

b (1) : impractical (2) : erratic [-- again either]

c : being out of the ordinary : unusual [-- again either]

3a : distracted with desire or excitement [-- seems unavoidably INFP-- both types may often be distracted but the element of desire is invariably more evident in the INFP impulse which leads thereto]

b : absurdly fond : infatuated [-- hmmm... 'fondness' seems to contain a human element, a dimension of interpersonal amiability, while infatuation implies a longing for connection or even absorption into an other, again pointing to INFP]

c : passionately preoccupied : obsessed [-- stereotypically passion is a quality of Feeling, but preoccupation & obsession can equally embody matters of the intellect, adventures of mental activity of whatever sort-- again either type is applicable]

& that's the end of it.... what to conclude? Numerically speaking the denotative focus is more toward INFP, so perhaps INFPs are indeed "more crazy", but both types are well-represented in the definition-- though this does not necessarily coincide with the psychological category-- of craziness. So, let it never be said that INTPs, as far as being crazy goes, are "off the hook."

*closes thread*.

:coffee:

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx

Truly scary shit.

you are funny:yes:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
you are funny:yes:

If you're not able to observe any truth it that, there may be something wrong with you.

I'm able to see ENFP flaws, if you can't see INTP or INTJ flaws, that's kind of disturbing.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
If you're not able to observe any truth it that, there may be something wrong with you.

I'm able to see ENFP flaws, if you can't see INTP or INTJ flaws, that's kind of disturbing.

i can see intj flaws, but personally im flawless:jew: . except that i have realy hard time finding a specific smiley from that list. took like 2mins to find that one..

R

Riva

INTPs have - Ti and Fe. (Ti helps them be logical and Fe helps them realize what is accepted by society and what is not. therefore if they want to they could adjust.)
INFPs have - Fi and Te. (I don't even know what IXFPs do with Fi and they sure don't seem to use Te at all :laugh:.)

Anyway my honest answer is INFPs. When I think crazy I think of people who are removed from society or oblivious to it. Who doesn't remember what they did yesterdays, whether it's their mother's birthday or father's funeral, etc.

Cough... uhmm.. such as Nintje :laugh: (just teasing).

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
i can see intj flaws, but personally im flawless:jew: . except that i have realy hard time finding a specific smiley from that list. took like 2mins to find that one..

Stop trolling. Marm speaks the truth.

Offog

MBTI Type
INTP

ENFPs have Ti as trickster; so I suppose it's typologically right and proper for an ENFP to complain about Ti being used to trick people. But I find that foolish people usually find Ti annoying and dull rather than impressive, and anyone impressed by big words like synchronicity and antediluvian will be impressed by anything.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ehhh. i think INFP.

i have 2 INTPs in the close family. the INTPs are definitely a little insane in their own little meticulous ways but at least they're logic-bound, even if you have to dig fairly deep to figure out exactly what system of logic they're using.

not that i don't love INFPs. i just think that they're generally crazier.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

ehhh. i think INFP.

i have 2 INTPs in the close family. the INTPs are definitely a little insane in their own little meticulous ways but at least they're logic-bound, even if you have to dig fairly deep to figure out exactly what system of logic they're using.

not that i don't love INFPs. i just think that they're generally crazier.

I think that's the very reason why INTP's can be so crazy. When does searching for their logic become... Crazy? Hopefully you shouldn't have to search for it, that's why it's logical.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So Ti is much more grounding than Fi. I think you'd find that between ENFPs and ENTPs, ENFPs are the crazier of the two, though in my experience it is very even.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
ENFPs have Ti as trickster; so I suppose it's typologically right and proper for an ENFP to complain about Ti being used to trick people. But I find that foolish people usually find Ti annoying and dull rather than impressive, and anyone impressed by big words like synchronicity and antediluvian will be impressed by anything.

Oh so you must think that ExFPs are "foolish."

Ti can be impressive, but it can also be annoying and dull. It's a cognitive personality difference.

I'm just illustrating that Ti/Ne can be crazy too, and to deny that seems more than a bit "off."

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I think that's the very reason why INTP's can be so crazy. When does searching for their logic become... Crazy? Hopefully you shouldn't have to search for it, that's why it's logical.

well, they are introverts, so they don't always make it terribly clear, unlike ExTJs who present it to you on a silver platter. still, when you find it, at least it's a whole, coherent system. it still has rules.

Fi, on the other hand... i mean, it has rules too, but its rules are much less clear. i like to think of the J functions as rulers - Te (obj, obj) uses a ruler whose units are derived from an outside measure (like the length of a chestnut) and always remains the same no matter what you are measuring. Fe (obj, subj) also uses outside measures, but its units may change depending on what you're measuring. (like equating a B from a really good school to an A from a mediocre one). then there's Ti (subj, obj), whose units stay the same but are made up by the person doing the measuring. and finally, there's Fi (subj, subj), whose units are created internally and change based on the situation.

this yields Fi some unique advantages but also makes it doubly removed from stable external reality - hence its users taking the crazy cake.

So Ti is much more grounding than Fi. I think you'd find that between ENFPs and ENTPs, ENFPs are the crazier of the two, though in my experience it is very even.

kind of depends on what way... ENTPs like to experiment... probably in truth ENFPs are crazier but ENTPs get into more trouble because they have to try it

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Something being a whole, coherent system does not make it necessarily correct or realistic.

That is my point.

The primary thing I learned from academic writing is that you can shine shit and twist facts, and as long as you present it in the appropriate Ti/Si format with interesting analysis, you can sell people pretty preposterous things, or at least things which have absolutely nothing to do with anything REAL.

I don't think there's anything inherently less realistic about Fi than Ti. It is the extroverted functions, like Se and Te and Fe, that have a better grip on what is external.

However, you could say that INFPs who utterly reject inferior Te could very well reject factual information. I have witnessed that, and that too is annoying.

But again, what I see the danger in is the person who thinks that just because they happen to have a logical Ti/Si system that that in any way would indicate that it's actually true or correct.

Perhaps the biggest problems are with Ti/Si loops.

I think any type of person can be sane or crazy. ExFPs probably appear to be the least in control. Either ExFPs or ESxPs, or both for different reasons.

But "in control" and "reserved" =/= "sane."

:D