• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Renunciation Of Typology

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Indeed :)

Perhaps in the future I should word my posts a little better; my verbosity and love of big words can lead to unclear assertions. :D

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not really; I would rather wait until someone comes along with their own system, one that is far more precise and accurate than the system that we use now.

Out of my own curiosity and to test my own understandings, could you or perhaps someone else provide an example of something you find to be inaccurate from an enneagram book specifically? I have found some stuff in Helen Palmer's book I don't agree with, although she provides an interesting perspective. I have found very little from "The Wisdom of the Enneagram". While there is much that isn't included about me, I find that the descriptions are mostly accurate.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Out of my own curiosity and to test my own understandings, could you or perhaps someone else provide an example of something you find to be inaccurate from an enneagram book specifically? I have found some stuff in Helen Palmer's book I don't agree with, although she provides an interesting perspective. I have found very little from "The Wisdom of the Enneagram".

Well the whole system in general is based off of one guys casual analysis of people, thus it's his own framework of logic; there's no testing of it via controlled and experiment groups; the whole 'X type looks like Y under stress but looks like Z when healthy' is counter intuitive and confusing; there are probably far more than just 9 desires/fears that motivate people. That's my criticisms anyway.

Mole

Permabanned
The Fonz and Jack Flak

Aw damn. I'm not sure who this Jack Flak is, but he sounds cool.

You've heard of the Fonz. You loved the Fonz. You wanted to be like the Fonz, even down to the white T-shirt and the black leather jacket. Yes, the Fonz was the epitome of cool ( not that he would know what 'epitome' means). But that was before Jack Flak.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You've heard of the Fonz. You loved the Fonz. You wanted to be like the Fonz, even down to the white T-shirt and the black leather jacket. Yes, the Fonz was the epitome of cool ( not that he would know what 'epitome' means). But that was before Jack Flak.

Well then, I understand now. :yes: So is Jack Flak on this site at all?

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No. He was; but since comparing him to Fonz, we can put it this way: he basically jumped the shark!