• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type my son

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That is precisely an ESFP trait, by the way. If you research ESFP descriptions I'm sure you will find one that states that the ESFPs need to take a break away from people. They lose social energy like an introvert would.

it is? I thought ESFPs were the most extroverted of the types

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Introversion and extroversion are all about endurance. Psychic endurance. Physical endurance alters psychic endurance, but I don't like denoting it as physical, doesn't have the right "ring" to it.

Introverts don't have the same tolerance. And before this is tinged with good and bad... They just are and as long as nothing proves it incorrectly it will be.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
it is? I thought ESFPs were the most extroverted of the types

When I look at LittleLinguist's comment again, I don't see anything special to type about being tired at the end of a long day. Nobody has endless reserves of energy.

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
I don't see where you're coming up with any of that. From "Only an INTP" all the way to "this is proof" it comes across to me as pure stark raving madness.

I see you have completely lost the narrative. Let me do your legwork for you.

• mal present theory that child is autistic, hypersensitive ISTP for a few reasons especially that the child is introverted.
  • I pointed out that hypersensitivity is more apparent in Ni doms than Ti doms due to Se inferior in Jungian terms and said 'although introversion and hypersensitivity correlate, they do not always correlate, nor indeed do they causate'
  • mal provides a link which shows 'proof that introversion and hypersensitivity are the same thing'
  • This link is a test with some questions which have nothing to do with hypersensitivity.
  • I point out that it is a logical fallacy; again and that you are ignoring that.
  • I'm glad you have now pointed out that your own behaviour is akin to stark raving madness. Good show.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
When I look at LittleLinguist's comment again, I don't see anything special to type about being tired at the end of a long day. Nobody has endless reserves of energy.

oh, your post gave the impression that you were specifically referring to that as an ESFP trait, but yes, what you're saying makes sense, it's just like how introverts need to talk to someone about their ideas. introversion isn't like the other MBTI dichotomies. everyone is classifiable either an STJ, SFJ, STP, SFP, NFP, NFJ, NTP or NTJ, but I/E is different.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Jim, when you go to paraphrase someone else's thoughts it is always advisable to be extremely accurate, wouldn't you agree?

I see you have completely lost the narrative. Let me do your legwork for you.

• mal present theory that child is autistic, hypersensitive ISTP for a few reasons especially that the child is introverted.
  • I pointed out that hypersensitivity is more apparent in Ni doms than Ti doms due to Se inferior in Jungian terms and said 'although introversion and hypersensitivity correlate, they do not always correlate, nor indeed do they causate'
  • mal provides a link which shows 'proof that introversion and hypersensitivity are the same thing'
  • This link is a test with some questions which have nothing to do with hypersensitivity.
  • I point out that it is a logical fallacy; again and that you are ignoring that.
  • I'm glad you have now pointed out that your own behaviour is akin to stark raving madness. Good show.

Point one is way off base. But I'll let that one pass because I know you're driving toward a different point.

Point two: my argument was intended to show that hypersensitivity is not "correlated" with introversion, not always and not even at times. And inferior Se has nothing to do with any of this.

Point three: obviously the test is about introversion and that was the original point at dispute. That her son is hypersensitive was stated by the OP. Hypersensitivity corresponds with an introverted trait. But even then, the test requires 15+ "true" responses to diagnose introversion.

And please try to quote me correctly. Nowhere did I state that the test was 'proof that introversion and hypersensitivity are the same thing.' Please try not to project your cognitive errors. What I said was,
Hypersensitivity to stimuli has to do with introversion.

Point four: The test contains a question concerning hypersensitivity, and by the way I knew you would go to all lengths to try to knock it down as a valid point on my side.

Point five: You never named any logical fallacy I may have committed. But you used some scientific language about "correlations" incorrectly.

Point six: thank you for granting me this opportunity to clarify your errors in more detail, Jim.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
oh, your post gave the impression that you were specifically referring to that as an ESFP trait, but yes, what you're saying makes sense, it's just like how introverts need to talk to someone about their ideas. introversion isn't like the other MBTI dichotomies. everyone is classifiable either an STJ, SFJ, STP, SFP, NFP, NFJ, NTP or NTJ, but I/E is different.

LL is reportedly an ENFP. She self-described an ESFP trait which seemed out of place for her. But now when I reconsider her original comment, I don't think it had anything to do with typology.

As a side note, the ANSIR Philosopher type can go days without sleeping, and then they sleep like the dead and hate to be wakened. And one of the secretaries of the Maharishi Mahesh related to me the story of how his Master would stay up for an entire year, and then sleep for two weeks straight.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What's next - calling vaginitis an extroverted trait?

No. What happens next is that InvisibleJim relinquishes his point based on his fallacious premises.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Actually what happens next... Is what's going on now for another twenty or thirty posts.... And then it continue on the same path from there.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Actually what happens next... Is what's going on now for another twenty or thirty posts.... And then it continue on the same path from there.

The shame is that this issue should be a no-brainer for everyone: Jim has no substance to offer behind his idea that inferior Se "causes" (or even has anything to do with) hypersensitivity to one's environment. Whereas, on the other hand, I have a link to a test, and in fact when I was first searching for this information I saw other interesting links that stated the same thing, that hypersensitivity is related to introversion - PURELY, Jag. That means it doesn't NEED Se, Si, Te, Ti, etc etc. as causal factors.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I'm not really picking sides so much as pointing out how futile it is to try to convince someone else of something, even with facts, without them wanting to change their mind in the first place.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not really picking sides so much as pointing out how futile it is to try to convince someone else of something, even with facts, without them wanting to change their mind in the first place.

Oh I'm sure you picked sides, and chose wrong. Now you're just saying you don't care anyway.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
somehow i missed uumlau's first post, i think it was right on.

I'd say he is very, very bored with school. So was I. School at that age, for me, was torture. I'd procrastinate on the homework. I'd get D's and C's in the really boring classes like "Social Studies." Even the stuff that was interesting was only marginally so. Math was still mechanical memorization. Science was "Oh, look, cool, dinosaurs," and regurgitating scientific "facts." Then there was the social aspect, where no one at that age was anything like me, so ostracization was the order of the day.

And what happened to me? I grew up and got a Ph.D. in physics.

this sounds exactly like my INT brother too. he does shitty in easy subjects because he finds them boring. he's brilliant at bio and chem now in high school, though, and he's going into advanced programs.

The psychologist who tested him did say that she felt like he just wanted to rush through everything and go with whatever the easiest answer was. So maybe he just blew off the test. I just wish we could help him figure out what his interests are so he wouldn't be so bored all the time. One of his problems is that he is dyslexic, so he hates reading. I think if he loved reading, he really could engage his brain with whatever his interests are.

i'm all with uumlau on this one, how does he like videos? INT brother loves the science channel, history channel, videos explaining how things work and exploring places and things...

A

Anew Leaf

This thread takes the wedding cake on "derailment." And I wasn't even involved!

*watches 2nd horse of the apocalypse trot past*

On topic answer: Your son sounds pretty INTJ to me. If he is bored it is probably because he is lacking mental challenges of some kind. You could look into having an assessment done by a counselor just to make sure there isn't something being missed that is simply outside of a personality type. Are there any summer classes/camps/etc that he could attend?

Jaguar

hypersensitivity is related to introversion - PURELY, Jag.

And robbing banks is related to INTPs - PURELY, malware.
It's true, because I read an article on it. Oh, but I just can't find it right now.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
The strong reaction to noises and smells is purely an Introverted trait. The rest of the material you bolded is baby-hood history.

Oh good, so now I'm an Introvert?

I'm glad you're such an expert. What would the rest of us do.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My point IS that I don't see anything naturally abnormal with his behavior unless it starts interfering with his life and others in a way that is really paralyzing, uncomfortable, and bordering on unhealthy. If it's not, then it's eccentric or peculiar. What I meant to say (and not derail the thread but maybe I wasn't clear enough) is that I was like that quite a bit as a kid, though not to *that* extent, I admit, and no one thought I was totally bonkers. Eccentric maybe. Weird. Ostracized because I was a bit bizarre and came from Mars. But I didn't turn into a serial killer or an antisocial idiot. :) It's all good. No worries.