• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type my son

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Are you talking to yourself? You didn't quote anybody. Because I never made that kind of argument. However, I know someone here who believes that Einstein had an IQ test as a child and junk like that.

You obviously don't know much about Jungian cognitive theory because Skylights' post confused you.

All personality typing isn't about these rigid stereotypes. I have dismissed you as insane. Have a nice day.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:yim_rolling_on_the_

I just clicked on this thread for the first time, and this post told me all I need to know about the state of it. Love when that happens.

Yes, Marmie is an expert at pulling a thread off-topic. I let her get away with it this time because I'm at work and trying to avoid boredom. The last time she tried this with me I ignored her. That was a few days ago, when she disagreed with something I wrote on another thread, looked on my control panel to locate me, then posted an off-topic rebuttal on that thread instead of the original one.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yes, Marmie is an expert at pulling a thread off-topic. I let her get away with it this time because I'm at work and trying to avoid boredom. The last time she tried this with me I ignored her. That was a few days ago, when she disagreed with something I wrote on another thread, looked on my control panel to locate me, then posted an off-topic rebuttal on that thread instead of the original one.

It's weird how you just assume they're laughing only at me. You don't even suspect that anything you say might be untoward, despite the comments of both Jaguar and Funny Digestion.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's weird how you just assume they're laughing only at me. You don't even suspect that anything you say might be untoward, despite the comments of both Jaguar and Funny Digestion.

You're assuming I care? Was that the Realist in you that decided this.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There are currently 9 users browsing this thread. (8 members and 1 guests)

Lovely isn't it?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
You're assuming I care? Was that the Realist or Synthesist in you that decided this.

I'm a Sythesist-Realist and proud, son.

Now go play with your tin foil cap and stop trying to type people by their IQ score.

T

ThatGirl

An INTP robbed a bank.
Ergo, all INTPs rob banks.

Lol.

To the OP. I think there is a lot of merit in wanting to understand your son in any way possible, and MBTI is another way of attempting to do that. I don't think the MBTI is going to be the answer though. You keep talking about what he is into and what he is not, which indicates that you feel disconnected and have a hard time influencing him or compassionately relating his interests. I think if you look at what moves him, and apply it to things that don't (finding the common denominator), perhaps you can show him how various things are similar. Otherwise, I am just a new parent, and honestly this is a learn as you go job.

Much love to you and your son.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm a Sythesist-Realist and proud, son.

Now go play with your tin foil cap and stop trying to type people by their IQ score.

You lyin'. Now go back to your street corner and find yourself another sexy SJ.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
You lyin'. Now go back to your street corner and find yourself another sexy SJ.

I already haz sexy SJs. They keep me from standin' on the street corner, savin' all my food stamps and burnin' down the trailer park.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm just happy that some people are satisfied that "strategist" = INTJ. I don't care about Keirsey, he was a third runner-up in the typology game right out of the starting gate. His problem is that he is anti-Jungian. Your issue with cultural stereotyping doesn't matter in typology. But if some author is going to make money at the typology game, obviously he or she isn't going to aim books and conferences at the Africans or the Cubans.

Edit - and this isn't even a parting last shot, I just want to say thank you to all for helping me avoid boredom during a dull and dreary night of work.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm just happy that some people are satisfied that "strategist" = INTJ. I don't care about Keirsey, he was a third runner-up in the typology game right out of the starting gate. His problem is that he is anti-Jungian. Your issue with cultural stereotyping doesn't matter in typology. But if some author is going to make money at the typology game, obviously he or she isn't going to aim books and conferences at the Africans or the Cubans.

No, no, you're absolutely right. Now excuse me while I go run drunk and naked through the street until my ISxJ comes and demands that I get in the car.

"Now."

"But..."

"No. Quit cryin' and get in the car. ISFJ knows best. What you're doing is dirty."

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No, no, you're absolutely right. Now excuse me while I go run drunk and naked through the street until my ISxJ comes and demands that I get in the car.

"Now."

"But..."

"No. Quit cryin' and get in the car. ISFJ knows best. What you're doing is dirty."

Gawd, more of Marmie's sex life. I mean really, you devote every single thread you're on to at least one comment about it.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Gawd, more of Marmie's sex life. I mean really, you devote every single thread you're on to at least one comment about it.

I find his prudishness kind of hot. I want him to spank me for being bad.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I know, I'm hilarious.

Jaguar

yo-quiero-taco-bell.jpg

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I find his prudishness kind of hot. I want him to spank me for being bad.

If anybody can and did draw a prudish female ISFJ out of character, that would be me. However, personality is about how people appear to others, not how they appear at midnight in the privacy of their bedrooms.

T

ThatGirl

If anybody can and did draw a prudish female ISFJ out of character, that would be me. However, personality is about how people appear to others, not how they appear at midnight in the privacy of their bedrooms.

Yup. Personality is nourished 1/2 how we appear to others and the consequence/reward of that. 1/4 how we feel about/see ourselves. 1/8th as we would like to be, and 1/8th as we consistently manage to maintain through out every day life.

....Roughly, and from what I have experienced/observed.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
mal12345 said:
I think even Jung originally indicated the Sensors will believe in the supernatural. The SFJ wouldn't even question it. The ISFJ would put a personal spin on things (earth-mother versus God, for example). The ESFJ is just following cultural religious norms.

Your ex was a very interesting ESFJ because integral to their type's make-up is following cultural norms. The ESFJ type forms the backbone of many of our cultural institutions, religious or otherwise.

They are religious in some other way.

i really have to disagree with all of these, mal. or perhaps i am not understanding your wording. i don't think being an ESFJ is about following cultural norms at all. i think that all Fe dominants have a good understanding of interpersonal relationships and interactions between people, and as such they are the most skilled at building, defining, rerouting, and upholding social ties and therefore social institutions. i also think that all Si dominants have a good conceptualization of concrete data - what things are, what they have been, what they are likely to be, what they are similar to and what they are different from, how they are similar and different... the "forms" or measures of things. thus an SFJ in particular has the gifts that allow them to be an incredibly skilled guardian of the things that keep our social worlds functioning. but it's quite a different thing to have that gift available, and to limit its usage to "following" norms. i don't think it's about following at all - i think it's much, much more aware than that. i think it's about choosing, using, and changing norms. navigating social waters, if you will - not just allowing oneself to be swept along by a current.

in much the same way, i think that SFJs are very likely to be aware of their particular society's religious and supernatural views and how those views impact their day-to-day lives, but whether the SFJ chooses to embrace those same views is a very different story. my own ESFJ mother and i share incredibly similar religious views - we were both raised loosely catholic, are now both agnostic believers in a grand divine entity, choose to draw wisdom from many religions, and choose not to attempt to define our views much further than that. we are both loosely spiritual. neither of us really believe in the supernatural, but both of us agree that we feel certain "taboos" - for instance, not pretending like someone in your family has died to get out of work. i suppose you could say we both have a loose sense of karma. i don't think that has anything to do with type, really. my ISFJ grandma is a deist, i believe. i think attributing "religious in some ways" to SFJ and "personalizes belief" to ISFJs is very, very specific. i think most people are religious in some way. i mean statistically, i'm pretty sure they are. and pretty much everyone i've ever met personalizes their beliefs in some ways... even the most rigid catholics typically choose their own patron saints.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
in much the same way, i think that SFJs are very likely to be aware of their particular society's religious and supernatural views and how those views impact their day-to-day lives, but whether the SFJ chooses to embrace those same views is a very different story. my own ESFJ mother and i share incredibly similar religious views - we were both raised loosely catholic, are now both agnostic believers in a grand divine entity, choose to draw wisdom from many religions, and choose not to attempt to define our views much further than that. we are both loosely spiritual. neither of us really believe in the supernatural,

If you get the creepy crawlies while watching a scary movie, then yes you do believe in the supernatural.

Also:
"i really have to disagree with all of these, mal. or perhaps i am not understanding your wording. i don't think being an ESFJ is about following cultural norms at all. i think that all Fe dominants have a good understanding of interpersonal relationships and interactions between people, and as such they are the most skilled at building, defining, rerouting, and upholding social ties and therefore social institutions."

I made an earlier statement about the ESFJ upholding social institutions, but you didn't quote that part.

I don't see where we disagree at all, you've just added much more detail to a debate that was not intended to be a series of essays on the subject of SFJ's. But thanks anyway.