• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Strange MBTI+Enneagram Match Ups

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I was thinking of weird match ups of various types; like what would an INTJ 7w6 look like?

Or an ISFP 8w7? Or an ENFP 5w6? Etc.

Or what other types could they possibly resemble?

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
IDK, I've wondered myself if these exist.

colourscientist

they totally exist! the degree to which you can be conflicted is infinite (story of my life) there are no boundaries. anomalies are the keys to understanding and to ignore them to try to keep a theory together is just dumb. it's even more fascinating how there *is* SOME overlap between any two MBTI-enneagram type which then combined can constitute a very characteristic, strong vibe. for example, an INTJ 7 would be mentally quick, creative, demanding, a great planner, possibly narcissistic, impatient and irresponsible, and stuck in one-upmanship. while i personally haven't come acrosss a person like this, at any rate sheldon cooper comes to mind.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Either the enneagram causes people to adapt to a certain enneagram types or MBTI causes people to adopt particular enneagram types. I doubt that these types exist. It could also be that part of the two systems overlap, I think the biggest overlap is in MBTI's introversion/extraversion dichotomy. All 8s should generally be extraverted, saying otherwise is a complete contradiction. An extraverted 5 is similarly impossible, extraverts spend energy, how could they be people that spend energy if their enneagram type is almost defined by not spending energy. I could see INTJ 7 work, but it would be very conflicting, the introversion would clash with 7s need to spend energy. EXTJ 2 would be plausible, but most likely to mistype and never realize it. Type 6 isn't necessarily introverted or extraverted, which is my reasoning behind it having very little specific correlation to MBTI types.