• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I don't think i'm an F.

ItsAlwaysSunny

MBTI Type
IDK
This happened to a friend of mine. He's ISTJ but kept testing ISFJ because of ISFJ stereotypes and general beliefs of "I can't be a thinker because I care too much about people or have too many feelings".

His belief system, behavior, and other glaring obvious indications proved otherwise.

It took over a year of knowing him, but I finally said, "Look bro, you are NOT ISFJ. Beebe says no fucking way."

He also always tested Si/Fi, not Si/Fe.

Feelers aren't always "nice" but there are distinctive ways of telling if you're actually a Feeler or just a Thinker going through depression or falling in love for the first time, et al.

Can I ask what some of these distinctive ways are? I'm pretty sure I'm Fi/Te, but I actually get stuck between ISTJ and ISFP. I can't tell whether thinking or feeling is stronger.

FunnyDigestion

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Can I ask what some of these distinctive ways are? I'm pretty sure I'm Fi/Te, but I actually get stuck between ISTJ and ISFP. I can't tell whether thinking or feeling is stronger.

That's weird, I always see those types as being way apart behaviorally speaking... for me personally, I knew immediately without having to even look at any tests I was F over T, despite the fact that maybe thinking is more evident in my day-to-day functioning, because the certain strong feelings I do have are way more intense than any thoughts I could have, & I find myself always seeking to create & experience those feelings. I.e., I don't avoid those intense feelings but consciously seek them out & they're generally speaking a big priority. Also I often find myself using thoughts to create feelings-- ie one function is in service of the other. Lastly, whenever I fall into some extreme, liminal state (twice a yr or so) my feelings come out in a big way, usually frightening to those around me & seeming utterly baffling & irrational. & I don't explain them.

Hope there's useful information somewhere there..

ItsAlwaysSunny

MBTI Type
IDK
That's weird, I always see those types as being way apart behaviorally speaking... for me personally, I knew immediately without having to even look at any tests I was F over T, despite the fact that maybe thinking is more evident in my day-to-day functioning, because the certain strong feelings I do have are way more intense than any thoughts I could have, & I find myself always seeking to create & experience those feelings. I.e., I don't avoid those intense feelings but consciously seek them out & they're generally speaking a big priority. Also I often find myself using thoughts to create feelings-- ie one function is in service of the other. Lastly, whenever I fall into some extreme, liminal state (twice a yr or so) my feelings come out in a big way, usually frightening to those around me & seeming utterly baffling & irrational. & I don't explain them.

Hope there's useful information somewhere there..

Actually I think I may be INFP or ISTJ (same functions different orders).