• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Correlation between shoes and MBTI

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:holy: the ISTJ has more shoes than I do I fear :blush:

love the red shoes and boots especially recoletta! :wubbie:

and cascademn- some of your shoes are quite adorable as well :yes:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I have a pair of tennis shoes that are falling apart that I wear all the time (though new shoe laces that haven't broke several times would help alot) two pairs of boots some dress shoes (different ones mostly flats, heals make me feel like a giant) and that's it I tend to wear the same shoes until I can no longer wear them.

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
My top 3 favorites:

46377_BRN.jpg

Skechers

MRL-W46406-05y.psd.fpx

Merrell

3230-1000-060.jpg

Ecco

WobblyStilettos

MBTI Type
INFP
My username should give you a hint about what shoes I prefer :) basically, any that look nice even if I can't walk in them xD I think I have 1 or 2 pairs of comfy shoes that I wear regulary, 3 pairs of trainers that are falling apart, then about 6 or 7 pairs of high heels :D

white

~dangerous curves ahead~
MBTI Type
ENTP
shoes :wubbie:

I've several pairs of open-toed heels (stiletto variety) in colours ranging from green to silver to gold to red to black to anything in between, one or two pairs of closed toed, proper heels, 2 pairs of slip ons / sandals, 2 pairs of ballet flats, and one pair of walking shoes. And yea, one pair of custom-made dance heels.

I wear heels almost everyday for work.

:cheers:

MBTI Type
INTJ
Don't worry, JustDave. You're not the only one that doesn't have any sandals. I like going barefoot, but I hate wearing sandals. There's just something about them that creeps me out and I can't explain it.

I have the following shoes:

1 pair black dress
1 pair cordovan dress
1 pair hikers
2 pair white sneakers
1 pair clunky black casual shoes
1 pair sweet ass Chuck Taylors

I'm usually always in the sneakers or the black casual shoes. They're GBX brand. I've had them for 10 years and they're still in great shape:

090861lgfm4.jpg

And then there is my favorite pair, the aformentioned Chucks. i hardly ever wear them because I want them to last forever:

1h731400og8.jpg

Ender

Large Member
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w%
Don't worry, JustDave. You're not the only one that doesn't have any sandals. I like going barefoot, but I hate wearing sandals. There's just something about them that creeps me out and I can't explain it.

I may own a pair of sandals, but thats only because they were bought for me. I wore them the once and it confirmed my dislike of them.

I've had them for 10 years and they're still in great shape:

Damn you.. I have to get new shoes every year. Sometimes they don't even last that long. Actually I'm due for a new pair soon.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
First let me say that I greatly appreciate everyone's input.

Unfortunately I cannot find any correlation between personality type shoes.

Listed below are the correlations I thought might have existed:

Guardians - Classic style shoes and or boots such as oxfords, pumps, work boots, etc.

Artisans - Trendy fashionable footwear. Since I am not a footwear aficionado I can not provide good examples of what I mean by fashionable.

Idealists - Sandals and eclectic styles of footwear such as colorful sneakers.

Rationals - Sneakers or any other types of comfortable, practical footwear.

Overall I thought Perceivers would favor lace less footwear and vice versa for Judgers.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Wait, are we done with the thread? No! I was going to post pics of my actual shoes. I love shoes. My roommate commented I have a lot of nice boots.

Your predictions about Ps being to lazy to tie not favoring lace up shoes is really funny. For me, it's actually true. I have a pair of MBT walkers (I know, not the personality typing, a shoe company) in sneaker form and they are such a pain to lace and get into, I bought the sandal version which I wear everywhere. I like comfy shoes like Earth Shoes (I know, I know, hippie), cute funky ballerina style flats, wedge heels, platform heels, boots, more boots, still more boots. I have a lot of shoes. :yes:

And I do rock the whole 'sandals and eclectic styles' is totally true for me. Then again, I am a CA girl, so flip flops and open toes heels, etc. are appropriate for everywhere. I love funky sneakers, and have since my first funky high-top Reeboks were gifted to me for Xmas. They had a mural of pink, blue, and purple of a canyon and had wolves howling at the moon. Awesomeness.

I used to avoid buying shoes to be frugral, but I would literally burn through my 1 pair in 6-9 months with all the walking I did. I had a black pair of fake slip on sneakers from Aerosoles that I wore to my retail job and I wore a hole through the bottom in less than a year. Another pair, the rubber sole fell off the bottom of the shoe. :doh:

Then my budget and attitudes changed. I bought like 5 pairs of shoes at this store on Broadway last summer (yes in NYC, near the NYU Tisch main campus) and I think the employees get commission b/c the girl working was really helpful. I swear I looked either like a shopaholic or a tourist (or both) because I was walking around and taking the train with two huge bags of shoe boxes that I could barely carry -- including thigh high black suede boots. Score!*

Alright that's it, I'm posting pics up. I don't care if you've drawn your conclusions already-- you haven't look at my shoes yet!!**

*I'm not an empty headed materialistic girl
**No really

elfinchilde

a white iris
MBTI Type
type
JustDave, gender may be a factor too? :unsure:

anyhow, for myself: intp. as with aelan, all i own are high heels (of the variety shown below) and only two pairs of sandals. no flats. Wardrobe basics would be black, silver and champagne gold. If i'm going out, it's always in heels, unless i'm going to the beach or somewhere equally casual.

i like them at least 3 inches, tho if they're real pretty, 2.5 will do. nothing below that. :D

prdm_ul43115-011-2

Ender

Large Member
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w%
Overall I thought Perceivers would favor lace less footwear and vice versa for Judgers.

I may wear shoes with laces, but they haven't been untied since the day I got them. They're in a well worked in slip on and off state, no need to mess with the laces. :)

heykitten

MBTI Type
INFP
I am definitely a shoe girl. Demurely understated and classically elegant. On most occasions/everyday wear, I choose my simple black flats. My clothes and personal presentation is very important to me on a purely individualist level, I dislike yielding to societal trends or preferences - I am, however, interested in fashion with an intellectual/avant garde slant. And my outfit, make up (or lack of), accessories reflect my personal aesthetic philosophy and taste preferences - and I have very, very, defined personal aesthetics! I dislike standing out but my personal outfits do garner a stare or two in my conservative town. And I'm probably an Artisan in this sense, I am very sensory orientated towards colour, texture, patterns etc and how they all work together. :wubbie:

08-011.jpg

(I envy those who can walk in high heels, anything beyond 1 inch and I topple over from unco-ordination and downright clumsiness.)

skip

MBTI Type
INTP
I envy those who can walk in high heels,
Ha - talk to a chiropractor. There's a reason they call them "stupid shoes."

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
I plan to order a pair or two of Solovairs sometime next month, since my current Docs are wearing out (crappy new Chinese ones...ugh). I have worn Docs since the late 90s after I tried some and found them quite comfortable, then I continued because they lasted a freaking long time. The new ones are DINO.

Ha - talk to a chiropractor. There's a reason they call them "stupid shoes."
High heels are awful. I would never expect anyone to wear them, and prefer those that don't.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
HAHHAHAHAAH!

I told you I'd do it!! Didn't I tell you I'd do it??? C'mon JustDave, you remember, like 8 pages and a couple months ago I said I would not let you shut down your thread early and come to a conclusion without me camwhoring my shoes for y'all???

Well I meant it!

I finally found my frickin' recharger/PC/got to DC/am using the camera daily/etc. etc. etc. :tear: Progress is such a beautiful thing.

Sooooo -- here's some old pics of 2 pairs of shoes I have. They are kinda indicative of the rest of my stylin' closet. :p

100_0052.jpg

100_0053.jpg

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
I wear tennies all the time. I lead an active lifestyle! (Believe it or not :ninja: )

Folderol

MBTI Type
INTP
I hate sandals and any kind of open type of shoe, but after that I'm okay with anything. I wish I had a ton more shoes (and boots), but everything doesn't always look as good on me as it does on the shelf lol. I only have a couple types of shoes - the ones I wear most are a pair of RSVP sand/skin shoes that look really flat and have no traction, and my awesome black/blue/white Evisu sneakers with maroon laces (LOVE THE LACES), but they are a PAIN to wear. They are super tight (don't mind that), but my feet end up pushing them to the point where the side might rip out and I don't even have wide feet! They also are kinda hard to walk in. They were like 1/2 when I got them though, so steal of the century. 160->80

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
My favorite pair of dress shoes is a pair of knee-high boots.

photo66xz1.jpg

I don't wear them often but they're surprisingly comfortable for what they are. Also, they make this wonderful STOMP noise on hardwood surfaces. :D

Other than that, I wear three other pairs of shoes: tennis shoes, crocs so that I don't step in dog shit in the back yard, and a pair of slippers. Out of all the sandals in the world, I've only found two pairs that I actually liked.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Today something interesting occurred to me. Most of my coworkers wear either loafers of some sort or boots. Conversely my dress shoe of choice is the oxford. So I wonder is there any correlation between the type of dress shoes one prefers to wear and his or her personality type?

Incidentally, my company has a business casual dress code.

I wear insane shoes. I think it has everything to do with being eNFJ. My favorite pair are acid-yellow matte leather spike heeled pointy-toed knee boots with straps from stem to stern. Even my tennis shoes range from green/yellow/blue Sauconys to black/silver Steve Madden boxer boots. It's like an anime cartoon exploded in my closet. If not for my twin, I'd never own anything practical. She reins me in.