• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Correlation between shoes and MBTI

millerm277

MBTI Type
ISTP
I've worn the same Reebok sneaker for 3 years now. When they wear out, I just go to the store and buy another pair. (usually about every 6 months).

For dress shoes, I have some cheap ones from payless.

Those are the only two sets of shoes I have.

LunarMoon

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
I doubt that there’s any correlation between shoe and MBTI type beyond the more general motivations for wearing a shoe pair, like for instance aesthetic interest versus strictly practical reasoning, though I suppose your Rational shoe type hypothesis does match up with me. I generally don’t care about how my shoes look as long as they’re practical for the situation with the minor exception of some color coordination, in which case I prefer relatively plain colors such as black, gray, or brown. I’ll wear a pair of tennis shoes for a few years and change them when they begin to fall apart; I after all own them so that it’ll be easier to run and perform other athletic activities so they’d be worthless if the soles went missing. I do wear boots in the snow, however, and along with my tennis and formal shoes they comprise the only three shoe pairs I own at any particular time. By the way, while I'm interested in exotic shoes such as moccasins and Japanese geta (Edo Era wooden sandals) I don't tend to wear them for the practical reasons mentioned before.

dnivera

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I wear functional shoes (I would never buy a pair of white shoes that would get wet or dirty easily, for example) but they have to look stylish too. I wear mostly casual sport shoes like my red Keen Newport sandals, Keen Sydney shoes and Merrell moccasins.