• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI Test Question Submissions and/or Analysis thereof.

OrionzRevenge

MBTI Type
INTP
Whereas, due to Brand Name infringement of "MBTI", I'll soon have to (at best) rename my online test site and sanitize the online test.

and Whereas, after getting neck-deep in an attempt to turn Dario Nardi's Cognitive Process Survey into a MBTI test with both weighted answers and results...

Only to discover my powers are too poor to break-out the outer two dichotomies into a weighted format with any sense of validity.

Screen Capture of GUI In-waiting

So then, now I find myself in a mood to re-vamp things and I have completed the GUI and assorted graphics for a quiz engine in search of questions.

I envision a short & sweet 40 question test where 5 questions each will tend towards one of the 8 poles of the four various dichotomies. (I/E, N/S, T/F, P/J) Further, the test will ask for your level of agreement with each statement on a nigh-analog 100 increment scale.

So far I've come up with 24 candidate questions and I would like your input for question ideas and/or agreement/critique with other submissions. here are my ideas.-

=============================================================

I: I need frequent ‘Alone Time’ to remain unstressed and energized.

E: At a party or function, I’ll often interact with many different types of people including complete strangers.

N: I enjoy discovering how divergent things or ideas seem to be interconnected or share a pattern.

S: I place a lot of stock in shared values and social norms.

T: I often look for an objective means to measure or evaluate a thing or idea and rarely rely on anecdotal information alone.

F: I’m strongly motivated by ideals of justice and fairness for others.

P: Unless compelled to make the effort, my work and/or personal space rapidly becomes jumbled and cluttered.

J: I seem to have an innate clerical ability and enjoy keeping collections of books, multimedia, and other things categorized and orderly.

I: I’m most productive when there is limited need for collaboration and I can ‘Zone In’ on a task without too much outside input.

E: Social interaction and even social acceptance is one of my key assets.

N: I often feel like I have a ‘Sixth Sense’ about predicting how things will turn out, and I’m very good at ‘Reading Between the Lines’.

S: I have a great fashion sense and I frequently notice little details of a person’s wardrobe or a room’s décor.

T: I often allow Reasoning and logical deduction to decide my course of action or opinions.

F: I excel at ‘Not Stepping on Other’s Toes’ while helping to reach a compromise consensus.

P: Even when they seem correct, it makes me uncomfortable when others try to pressure me into making a snap decision.

J: I’m driven by, and get great satisfaction from, the timely completion of a project.

I: I’m sometimes annoyed when others assume I need ‘Cheering Up’.

E: I enjoy keeping up to date on what is happening in the lives of the members of my social group.

N: I enjoy daydreaming and often use it to reveal creative and novel solutions to a problem.

S: I value being realistic and pragmatic in my day to day life.

T: I’m swayed by arguments that make convincing points and I’m less moved by emotional appeals.

F: I’m put off by people who seem cold and distant.

P: I don’t enjoy work assignments where the Clock and/or Calendar dictate when it should be complete.

J: I rarely buy anything on impulse and make my selections with a great deal of thought.
==========================================================

Thanks.

Last edited:

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't think this has anything to do with sensing itself:

S: I have a great fashion sense and I frequently notice little details of a person’s wardrobe or a room’s décor.

G

Ginkgo

I don't think this has anything to do with sensing itself:

Well, what would something like that fall into? Jungian functions, Beebe's function model, or MBTI? Nothing at all?

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, what would something like that fall into? Jungian functions, Beebe's function model, or MBTI? Nothing at all?

When it comes to personal interests, there are many reasons a person may develop an interest in something & be prone to note it. If you find out WHY, then you may have a clue to how they think.

When it comes to aesthetics & artistic creativity, Jung associates
Fe with good taste & appropriateness
Se with an interest in aesthetics & sometimes good taste
Fi with artistic expression
Ni with artistic vision
Ne with being drawn to &/or creating novelty

So you can see how many types could develop an interest in fashion, which might cause them to note details where they otherwise may not be a detail person.
You can also add in other factors of personality that can lead to developing an interest: environment/culture, family values, enneagram (emotional motivations), natural skill, gender, etc.

Keirsey would probably associate that statement with S also though, but he's the one who popularized many of the narrow stereotypes because he focuses on behavior and social roles.

Anyway, I don't think using interests is a good way to type people on a test. If you're typing someone you know well & you have an understanding of why they have certain interests, then it might be a useful clue to how they think.

OrionzRevenge

MBTI Type
INTP
^^^ Insightful. Thanks.

From inside my INTPish bubble it's easy to draw sweeping conclusions about things alien to my own experience.
So maybe I should word it just focusing on the details stuff huh?

Can you recommend a good Non-Keirsey-Like MBTI test to emulate?

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I guess I have a problem because the I/E dichotomy examples are not in opposition.
Or perhaps ambiversion is possible?

One can need time alone and still interact with many types at a party.

One can be socially interactive and even consider it a strong point, yet still prefer to zone out alone on projects.

One could become irritated when people try to cheer them up (i don't btw :happy2:) and still be very up to date on social happendings/current events.

I'm just saying.. I don't think this is the best way to go. What would be a better way, imo, is to create a situation with opposing preference.. and make it a lengthy test, so the preference is highly weighed in a number of situations. Also, having considerable social intelligence is not exclusive to extroversion. You want to focus in on specifically cognitive examples. Extroverts, keeping up on others happenings vs introvert getting behind on what others are up to
Extroverts, wanting to stay late at parties vs. leaving early
Extroverts, being drawn to political trends, social trends, fashion trends, gatherings vs introverts - being drawn to concepts, aspects, innver values.. indepth conversations, etc. And even those are not clearly opposing.. but I think you see where I'm going with this.