• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Can any type be "Alpha male"/natural leaders?

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Alright you guys made me do it.

There is alpha A and alpha B.

I compare these to the alpha orangutan and alpha chimpanzee.

The alpha A (orangutan) is born alpha. They even grow the cool little cheek pads to prove it. This represents itself in males as such. These men are confident, calm, and often completely independent. They operate outside of the group, and rarely have to compete for status. They are inclined, and dont compete for status, because their alphaness is inherent. They pick a woman and breed. These men smell like cookies (see posts regarding ESTP ex).

These men are usually tall, broad shouldered. They walk with a certain elegance. While maintaining masculinity they are also not scared to look like idiots. They joke around, may be the life of the party, but then retreat into their man cave for every day living. They do not need. They can support, they aren't chumps. They usually trust people because they have no reason not to. Outgoing and confident, their magnetism draws in a plethora of diverse types of women. They are rarely affected by this. Do not become pompous, or egotistical. They treat women with respect, and leave most women thinking the best of them, even if they love and leave. Did I mention, they smell like cookies.

Alpha B. The Chimpanzee alpha. In nature the chimpanzees have to compete for alpha status. Any male can attain it, though the next man can quickly take it if faster, better, louder, stronger. They tend to have something to prove. Because they are competing for their status. They are usually very lively, loud, energetic, and charismatic. They are also very insecure. They have known, or will know the experience of being beaten at their own game. See alpha A never plays the game, this is where they trump the alpha B. This insecurity can take two forms. Finding a social circle that maintains their superiority, or a self centered view for self preservation. This is the lesser alpha, though, alpha never the less.

Don't get me started into the betas. Lol!

Edit: I will also add that the majority of women who look for alphas encounter the alpha B, which is why they get a bad rep.

I like this theory. Minus the cheek pads? and the cookies of course..

The typical alpha picture paints someone who is really desperate and always having to prove themselves... not very alpha when you think about it, they probably often didn't get very much affection and attention as kids. A true alpha should just 'be'.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
If we're gonna start baking, we should at last start a new thread.

I want cookies. Shaped like baboons. With milk.

You guys confuse me. :huh:

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What the cat said

But that might be due to an Alpha B behavior... You see, alpha A smells like cookies even if they don't eat cookies...
An alpha B would naturally try to forge that smell in order to pass muster and be recognized as an alpha.
SO the question is... Is she an alpha A with a penchant for baking, or an alpha B who is trying to smell like cookies?

G

Ginkgo

Alpha D: Dick

Alpha C: Double Dick

Alpha B: Triple Dick

Alpha A: Dicktacular

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
^ cookie dough. :drool: don't know if it's worse to be wanting that late at night or in the morning!

but haha wow guys, saw 3 pages and i was looking forward to reading an interesting discussion about leadership. so much for that.

maybe it's just me but i assumed that all YLJ meant by "alpha male" was the top leader - the idiomatic sense of the term - not sexism or animal behavior specifics.

but if you all insist.

SuperStock_4102-13779.jpg

:shrug:

rav3n

It depends on how you define an alpha male. If you define one that has similar traits to one specific type, only a few types with similar traits will produce alpha males. If your definition is broader, more males from other types will contain greater percentages of alpha males.

This is much like pegging a moving target where the framework shifts from person to person. Subjective.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
the 2 most alpha male guys I've met were an INTJ and an INFP

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
one would define alpha male as someone who is assertive, self controlled, not aggressive and not submissive. alpha male is more about the absence of submissivity than the presence of dominant behavior

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Individual Personality overrides the archetypal stereotypes, but some types are more naturally inclined than others.

Little_Sticks

ME
I AM HITLER REINCARNATED
I will take your puny world in the palm of my fist.
And lick my feet female dogs!!

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I just wanted to say that TG made it exactly 22 hours and 3 minutes before she posted in a thread about Alphas.