• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What do people think of ISFPs?

wolfy

awsm
I'm isfp and people like me. The people that don't aren't the kind of people I'd have like me anyway. I mean... what kind of person doesn't like me? Crazy.

I think isfp are well liked for the most part. There is a random quality, coupled with a take it as it comes that seems to piss off the more anal among us. But that's all fun and games in itself isn't it...

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've read that we are the most invisible type and I haven't seen many threads about ISFPs so I was just wondering if people even have an opinion or not? Do people even know enough ISFPs to have an opinion on them?

My son is one. I don't know any others IRL so I can only speak of my interactions with him. Very true about being an "invisible type". I often think of Fi-doms as shadow people. It is very easy for others to take them for granted, perceive them as shallow, not serious, not hard-working, or possessing depth. This is a huge mistake. Even so, they are so very hidden that it may take some time to uncover what is going on inside of them. My son didn't leave a lot of clues and he really didn't speak much about how he felt. I didn't really understand some things about my own child until I begin to examine why we got along so well. I also talked to another Fi-dom about him which really helped a great deal.

FunnyDigestion

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
ISFP girls & women & ladies are my favorite people to be around. Theyre the best!!

They probably just don't have much interest in talking about themselves on a message board. :(

Crescent Fresh

Diving into Ni-space
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I only know (or able to identify) one ISFP and that's my mother. She honestly make me felt I'm the luckiest child on earth and will do anything to protect me from getting harmed.

It's really a rewarding experience to have a parent like this especially when my other parent is being just the extreme opposite.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Since coming to college I've identified and verified two other ISFPs. One has become my best friend and the other is one of my supervisors in the kitchen restaurant I work at (both males). So many girls have a crush on my friend and he's greatly liked by most people. He really doesn't see himself like that, all well liked and stuff. I've never heard anything bad said about him, but he's very closed off about his personal self unless he's talking to his closest friends.

Everybody loves my supervisor. He's in his 60's and he gives off this grandpa vibe, though he's never been married and doesn't have kids. I've heard people say that he's awesome because he has the persona of a high guy. I don't think he does, but most people say it because he's so laid back and just leaves everyone alone. He's always there when you have a question and you know that he cares about us. He's a great guy!

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've really only followed Wolfy as an ISFP. I don't think I know any irl, and they don't seem to transmit over the internet clearly.

Chiharu

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I only know one or two...

I notice they have a sensitivity balanced with pragmatism that I find attractive. They're quiet in many settings, but louder and quite funny once you get to know them. They're creative and affectionate, and they have a pleasant earthy quality. They're protective of their friends, loyal and generous.

They're rather shy, which has positive connotations as modesty, but can translate as timidity in other cases.

On the downside, they can be rather passive for my taste. Very non-confrontational. They can miss subtleties and nuances, particularly in conversation. IxFPs have a more yin energy I think, where ExFP is more yang comparatively.

Last edited:

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
On the downside, they can be rather passive for my taste. Very non-confrontational. They can miss subtleties and nuances, particularly in conversation. IxFPs have a more yang energy I think, where ExFP is more yin comparatively.

Isn't Yin the "soft, gentle" energy and Yang the "aggressive" one? /pedant

Chiharu

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Whoops! Typo *^.^* Thank you Viridian!

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I love ISFPs! :D
graceful, artistic, gentle, sexual, adventurous....what's not to like?
they're my favorite Sensor type and my 3rd overall favorite type (precided by INFP in 1st and INTJ in 2nd, followed by ENFP in 4th)

wolfy

awsm
I've really only followed Wolfy as an ISFP. I don't think I know any irl, and they don't seem to transmit over the internet clearly.

So that's who that was following me. I'm curious what you mean by not transmit over the net, if there is anything to add .

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
So that's who that was following me. I'm curious what you mean by not transmit over the net, if there is anything to add .

Apparently we cause too much static. That's what happens when you're electrifying. Har har har!

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I get a feeling like the net is the natural environment for NTs and some of the NFs. They tend to project a pretty convincing personalities. I can't help but feel that the more important parts of the SP are to be witnessed irl. Of course all this may just be me not being able to fill in the blanks. Maybe you guys just need to post more pictures.

Soph11287

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
?
I like ISFPs in general. I don't understand them much, but my ISFP friend is the most encouraging, willing-to-listen-to-you person ever! She seems lost in her own world most of the times, and she does the most naive things concerning relationships (and gets walked all over), but she has a very good heart, is very caring and is very easy to be around.

To me, ISFPs seem like light, floaty, sensitive, sunshine beings :D They don't have a dark side that Ns do. They don't have the intense, burning Fe that can be smothering. When I think of ISFPs I see an image of a glass of clear water with a drop of floral scent thrown in, sitting on a white table with mother nature's wild mountains as a backdrop on a windy afternoon. If that makes sense at all :blush:

That's actually pretty accurate, lol!

Soph11287

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
?
I agree with much of what has been said but I must add my favourite ISFP qualities. I love the way they look with such a penetrating insight to the very essence of things. They see beauty and value in things others miss and are natural optimists. They never lose their sense of child-like wonder and therefore can seem purer in nature than most. They have a sponge like quality, absorbing the world around them, and are connoisseurs of life.

I also see them as people who struggle under the weight of the world. Their deeply empathic nature means they can't help but absorb any negativity around them, which can be completely overwhelming for them. And I imagine that if they let give in to that negativity, they could easily end up in dark and twisted territory

I'm an ISFP and you couldn't be more right about absorbing negativity around me. It's crazy how quickly I pick up on other people's vibes. It's not just people, it's houses/ places/ nature. I refuse to live at my boyfriends house because for some reason when I walk in there I feel this heavy compression almost like its hard to breathe, as soon as I leave it's gone. If I'm around someone depressed for a long time I get the worst anxiety, I literally feel it as strong in myself or stronger then they do. I hate that I'm that way, but I guess it has its advantages. Its cool that you recognize that. I love intutives for that reason, you are so insightful and accurate nearly every time.