• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Most social of the introverts.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Generally, I would say ISFJ, with their Fe they feel a strong sense to belong to a group they are emotionally connected to, plus with Si being less dreamy and detached than Ni. On the other end, the most reserved introvert in my opinion is INTJ, in their interactions they generally favor terseness, Te is more concerned about externally defined criteria on a more impersonal level.

Yes, but Te anchors them in the external realm of decision-making much more than Fe in INTPs does; in that specific sense, I think INTPs can be less social than INTJs.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I'd say INFP and ISFP are the most social but ISFJs and INFJs do the most social things.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Being cooperative rather than utilitarian, I think that the introverted variants of Guardians and Idealists would be the most social of introverts. Followed by Artisans, who are in tune with the motivations of other people, despite being utilitarian (although their tuning into other people is more often self-serving).

jixmixfix

Permabanned
i know a few isfjs who blab on forever. With isxps it really depends on the person. Probably more ixfx seem more extroverted due to them being more people oriented.

A

Anew Leaf

I believe ISFP's are the most social introvert, and the ESFP is the most social extrovert.

I would go with this.

and with this:

Oakysage: I'd think ISFP. Perceive within Fi yet projection of Se in social situations. Se, next to Fe is one of the most social functions of the 4 Xe functions. To 'live intimately with your surroundings' vs To 'live in harmony with your surroundings' can be debated on which would be more 'extraverted'. I often go with the initial.

I can come off as an E at times, but overall I am pretty quiet. In social situations I do force myself to be more social than I am innately inspired to be... simply because I know I can't go through life always being the hermit desperately seeking escape.

Like today I am working with one of my INFJs... she is at her desk, I am at mine (15 feet apart) ... and we have spoken about 20 words to each other the whole day. Glorious, glorious silence.

I just had my best friend visit who is an ISFP... and she talked, and talked, and talked, and talked, and talked. I brought her to my work a couple days and my 2 INFJ workers told me later that she exhausted them.

OmarFW

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
It's a moot point since it all depends on the level of development of the introvert's auxiliary Pe or Je function.

There is no introverted type that inherently has a less developed auxiliary function.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'd say INFP and ISFP are the most social but ISFJs and INFJs do the most social things.

INFPs are one of the least social. in fact, lots of ENFPs aren't even that social

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
INFPs are one of the least social. in fact, lots of ENFPs aren't even that social

Yeah I don't agree about the INFP thing either, considering how socially introverted some ENFPs seem (including me, being an borderline E in the four dichotomies, and a clear Ne dom)...I need time alone, I mean seriously, have a nice steaming cup of shut the fuck up. I thought I was an introvert until I really learned about type theory.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
It's a moot point since it all depends on the level of development of the introvert's auxiliary Pe or Je function.

There is no introverted type that inherently has a less developed auxiliary function.

I think Omar winz the thread, on second thought.

An ISTJ with only moderately developed Te who is in the habit of functioning on Si/Fi can come across as an extreme introvert, even though some people are claiming that Te aux would be more socially extroverted.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
basically, from most I to most E it goes
IN>IS>EN>ES

Nicodemus

My sister, tested as ISFP, has always been considered wild and outgoing, while I have always been regarded as calm and reasonable. The last time we met with our mother (ESFJ), she talked for an hour with little pause, interrupted only by questions and additions from our mother and by very few remarks from me. In that scene, ISFP clearly seemed the most social of the three types present (ISFP > ESFJ > INTJ). I would say that with people she knows my sister is a very social person; with people she does not know, however, she is often almost shy.

So the thing to consider when attempting to answer the question of this thread is the social context. Is there a neutral context?

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd say the IxFJs, because of their aux Fe. Sociability and the effect they have on people tends to be important to them. And INxPs might be least social. Anyone can have their extroverted moments though.

I generally agree with this, but I also think it's more of an individual thing.

Outside of MBTI, I/E is regarded as more of a scale than distinct categories, so some people may have only a slight preference for I or E. As a marked introvert (I'd never ever be confused with an ENFP or be called "sociable"), even other introverts can seem almost extroverted to me, yet I will can identify them as introverted. I've seen this among types; some ISFJs seem much more Si-heavy & obviously introverted, whereas others have a large dose of Fe and could be confused with an ESFJ in a social setting.

S

Stansmith

In terms of 'sociability':

INTP<ISTP = INTJ<INFP<[gap]<ISFP<INFJ (varies)<ISFJ

No idea as to where ISTJ fits into this.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
It really depends on the individual, but on average i would say IXFJ = IXFP > IXTP > IXTJ. However i would put myself somewhere around the IXFJs and IXFPs.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I know a lot of ISxPs that can be very social when they're in their party mode.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I am Supine temperment, with Phlegmatic as my secondary temperment. I'm very stoic, inactactive, and calm virtually all the time, and only my idealism surrounding helping others inspires me to act pretty much ever. I'm mildly introverted, but I still chat up strangers if I'm in line somewhere and bored. People tell me all the time how quiet and stayed I am, and a lot of people call me friendly and intelligent. The thing is, though, that I feel no smarter than anybody else.

I'm INFP, and a general wordbank for me would be:

Passive, stayed, calm, lazy, warm, distant, personable, quiet, oblivious, forgetful, non-confrontational.

My point is, though, that feelers in general will be more social than thinkers.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The other three letters don't necessarily gauge levels of sociability, but I would say something like an ISFJ will probably more social than an INTJ.

That said, I could easily see an INTJ who enjoys proactively pulling from the social world to satisfy some argumentative or analytical high and an ISFJ who is pleasant to others but often prefers to withdraw into their own little nest and do their own little thing. So there's nothing really definite.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
I think it depends on the person. Though the three most introverted people I know are INTP, INTP, an INFP. I know an ISFP and an ISFJ who can come off as extroverts in certain situations.

It's said that ENFPs and ENTPs are the most introverted of the extroverts. I know one ENTP, and she strongly identifies as an extrovert--I remember her saying something like she didn't even like ten minute solitary walks that much. An ENFP friend of mine is very loud and outgoing (sometimes overwhelmingly so!), and most definitely an E.
I've only met two ENxPs, so I can't really make a judgement, but so far I'm the only ENFP who's ever been seen (by self and others) as an introvert. :shrug:

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
IxFJ's probably, though ISFP's can be pretty vocal as well. Don't necessarily think it has as much to do with a thinking or feeling preference- get anyone talking about something that they have an interest in, and they might appear more extroverted. But it their might be less general inclination to cater to the less popular, thereby less relatable and really reachable to majority, preferences.

But catering to obscurities, INxP's probably at the back end of it.

raissaroars

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
From my experience, INFJs and ISFJs.
The list would be like: INFJ > ISFJ > ISTJ > ISFP > ISTP > INFP > INTJ > INTP