• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ESTP/INTJ Parents

Agent Jelly

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
My baby isn't even born yet... but I'd like to hear speculations of what my childs personality type would be from just the two personalities listed above. :p

Xyk

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Well my mom tested INFJ on an online test and my dad is likely ESTP. Their oldest child is an ENFJ. If I were to guess based on that information, I'd say either ENTJ or ISTP. But I don't think there's any way of knowing at all. It has a whole lot to do with how you raise the child.

By the way, congratulations on the expectation of a new baby! Babies are super awesome, if smelly. :D

strawberries

shadow boxer
MBTI Type
----
crazy-robot.gif

it will look like this.

welcome to the forum AJ.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
MBTI type is not at all defined by how he or she might be raised.

I wish my mom was an estp! :cry:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think it might have something to do with genes, though.

If it were purely based upon the way you were raised, I'd be such an SJ.

My grandparents were pretty shocked and surprised that it didn't go quite that way.

Xyk

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Child-raising is complicated. Things don't usually turn out how one might expect them to. For instance, one would think that a strict up-bringing would raise upstanding citizens with similarly strict morals, but that is usually not the case. Most people with very strict upbringings have a very strong rebellious side and turn out the opposite of how their parents would have liked. There are an irresponsibly large number of factors that go into it. I can see very clearly how I became an introvert through stories of my early childhood. My older brother (4.5 years older) would often translate and speak for me. As early as I can remember, he talked over me. That's also what made me such a good listener, and probably contributed to my being a P. My dad was very spacey, and so am I. My mom feels things exceptionally strongly, and so do I and both of my siblings.

Of course how one raises a child has a ton to do with how they turn out. It's probably not black and white, because things rarely are, but I'd put personality pretty far in the nurture side rather than nature.