• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Loud Introverts?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Introverts that are loud/love to talk, do they exist?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i know quite a few very talkative introverts.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
Me. Deep voice, laughs loud. Sometimes I get quiet, but most of the time people have to hush me.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes.
I don't know about loud but I know talkative introverts exist.
I didn't ask this because I already knew they exist.

wolfy

awsm
I'm loud, I'm slightly deaf from loud work environments and music. Sometimes I talk a lot, sometimes I don't.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
If I didn't believe in function theory, I would be this.

Illmatic

In classes where i am comfortable with the teacher, i would screm shit out to make people laugh. But i'm a quiet person otherwise.

copperfish17

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I certainly don't LOVE to talk but I do have a pretty loud voice. :cheese:

Some people constantly ask me "Why are you yelling at me?!" (my mom especially). But... but... I'm not!

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
i live with one. well, he's not loud, but good lord he can talk and talk and talk sometimes. it's cute, it's when he's really into some topic.

While I certainly identify as an introvert, I can be both loud and talkative, as several Vent users could probably confirm. It usually happens when I'm in a good mood.

V

violaine

I'm rarely loud.

I am excitable. i.e. I'm funloving and I'm happy to the point of euphoria when I'm having a really fun time, especially when I'm with people that I really like. And it shows. I have to recharge afterwards by having some quiet time though.

I'm talkative if I'm really interested in a subject or person, the level of talking mirrors the interest. I'm most talkative with BFs. They get the brunt of the talkativeness and may not see much of my quiet, reserved side, though that's how I would describe my dominant state. With rare exception, the Intro men I've dated are talkers too. I'm talkative with friends but it's in fits and starts.

redacted

My ex is an INFP and she's hella boisterous. Then again, she's an alcoholic. While sober at least, she trades off between being ultra shy and ultra loud/talkative.

I've also been known to not be able to shut up.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes, I put extroverts to shame.

Joking aside.

Besides my slightly deeper voice, I've learned that I have to speak up. Been told since childhood that I don't speak loud enough. So sometimes I'm a bit loud, especially when people can seem to hear me.

BlueGray

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Are loudness and talkativeness strongly correlated? I talk quite a bit, one thing I've noticed in college is that I seem to do about half of the talking from students, however people frequently have to tell me to speak louder. I think loudness may be correlated fairly strongly to extroversion. It calls attention to oneself. However, talkativeness seems less so. I've known many talkative introverts but loudness seems rare.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have a rather loud/booming :blush: voice which has sometimes caused me embarrassment over the years. I've realized that I need to moderate it to the level where I feel like people aren't going to hear me properly (like in a louder setting), but they can almost always hear me just fine. ;) But that's just to do with the type of voice I have, though I tend to get louder when I'm excited...

I can be "loud" though, as in boisterous and talkative, when I feel comfortable and I'm enjoying myself. If I go to a rock concert I certainly do a lot of screaming and singing along ;) My brother is similar - he's a probably ISTJ. We both have loud booming voices :blush: and I don't see him that often these days (different continents) but when I do I'm always like "man, this guy can be LOUD." But he's definitely an IxxJ, I have no doubt about that. No way is he an extrovert.

Normally...well, it depends. I'm definitely not a dead silent introvert. It depends on my mood, what kind of company I'm in. Sometimes I can get quite dominant in a conversation, sometimes I sit back and listen to others and don't say much - usually I'm somewhere in the middle.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I lunch with an INTx that gets very loud, but specifically only when explaining things. It's the lecture voice. The subject matter is always some sort of nerdy board game, because that's what we do over the lunch hour. Some of our mates get embarrassed and shush him.

Octarine

The Eighth Colour
MBTI Type
Aeon
Enneagram
10w
Instinctual Variant
so
I have a loud voice. I hope that is not a problem.

G

Ginkgo

I'm an introvert and I'm occasionally loud and outrageous. Usually it's my broad "in public" way of doing things. Get me alone, and relaxed... I'm very loose, open, not overbearing but can still keep a conversation pretty readily. In a one on one conflict, I'm usually not afraid to stand my ground, which may be heated.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i think it's hard to tell the difference one on one...especially if they're really comfortable with you. it's like role reversal kinda...i feel more introverted and they feel more extroverted.