• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Quiet Extroverts

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That depends on what you mean.

You will find extraverts that are not talkative in *some* situations, but it's extremely rare to find an extravert which is consistently non-talkative.

In any case, the factors which are a tell-tale between I and E are two:
- initiative (on average Es take more initiative with people / activities than Is)
- energy expenditure (again Es expend more energy than Is, even uselessly so)

As far as me: I can be very quiet when I don't really love the company, but my natural tone of voice is extremely loud.

Very helpful. Thank you.

Evil Otter

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Personally I don't buy into the whole extroverted=talkative, introverted=untalkative.

I test everytime as an ENTP without fail, but I talk about as much as an INTP the difference is in the action part I hate being stuck in the house, reading and other equally boring things, I want to get outside and play basketball, meet new interesting people, go cliff diving and all that.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Quiet extroverts exist because there are many different ways to interact with your environment without people being in the vicinity.

Def. Little brother, entj e98 sp/so, has a billion things going on (games, phone, computer, homework, listening to entp music - an aspect that's always had me particularly fascinated by mbti opposites and patterns thereof) while as quiet as a mouse. Strange to witness such tactful dominant Te.

A

A window to the soul

Def. Little brother, entj e98 sp/so, has a billion things going on (games, phone, computer, homework, listening to entp music - an aspect that's always had me particularly fascinated by mbti opposites and patterns thereof) while as quiet as a mouse. Strange to witness such tactful dominant Te.

What is entp music? :unsure:

Personally I don't buy into the whole extroverted=talkative, introverted=untalkative.

I test everytime as an ENTP without fail, but I talk about as much as an INTP the difference is in the action part I hate being stuck in the house, reading and other equally boring things, I want to get outside and play basketball, meet new interesting people, go cliff diving and all that.

Agreed. That sounds like an accurate assessment of ENTP's in general.