• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

SPs, WTF Are They?

Jaguar

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Burning Rave are you an SP, or is that how you shift into Se while you're making visual art?

That's my question. :)

But if it was the case, it would make sense seeing as how Se would be my parent function of Fi (thus Se would be teaching me.)

I am at my best when I learn visually. But it just so happens that I decided to choose a career that is more visually orientated.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
That's my question. :)

But if it was the case, it would make sense seeing as how Se would be my parent function of Fi (thus Se would be teaching me.)

I am at my best when I learn visually. But it just so happens that I decided to choose a career that is more visually orientated.

There are NFs who are visual artists, though. There are NTs who are musicians.

My strongest intelligences are naturalistic and musical, then intrapersonal after both of those. I learn best musically. Want to brainwash me? Sing it to me, with feeling.

wolfy

awsm
This is an interesting thread... seems relevant to me... I will keep an eye on it... I might even post something if I can think of something that'd work.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
So let's just say SPs are pirates.

urapirate.jpg

Okay, so like that's an xSFP pirate.

Here's an ESTP Pirate

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
There are NFs who are visual artists, though. There are NTs who are musicians.

My strongest intelligences are naturalistic and musical, then intrapersonal after both of those. I learn best musically. Want to brainwash me? Sing it to me, with feeling.

I know that much.

But it has more to do with why I've gotten myself into visual arts in the first place (which isn't exactly the whole picture.)

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I used to think I disliked ESFPs, but I have realised that what I actually dislike is large groups of people acting like the worst stereotypes of ESFPs...something I have often encountered, and I'm sure that only a few/some of any of those groups are ESFPs, and if you got them away from the crowd I'd get along with them better.

There aren't loads of SPs on this board, and almost all of those who are here come across as very cool and laid back (albeit sometimes a bit manic - Halla manages to be cool, laid back AND manic, I think.) They give a pretty good impression. NFs can come across as very emo/whiny/over-analytical, NTs can come across very conceited/harsh/over-analytical, and SJs...there just aren't that many. SJs tend to get a bad rap because a lot of people are under the unfortunate impression that all they do is enforce rigid rules.

Not a very enlightening contribution I'm afraid, but that was what popped into my head when I read the OP! :blush:

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
most people of any type are just ordinary people. Stereotypes come into play when you only know people shallowly yet still want to categorize them, since the human brain loves to categorize.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
most people of any type are just ordinary people. Stereotypes come into play when you only know people shallowly yet still want to categorize them, since the human brain loves to categorize.

+1

First and foremost a normal human being.