• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Types Who Resemble Other Types

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Really? I thought she seemed more Se-ish :biggrin:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So you're saying ISFPs are more likely to think they are ENFPs than ENFPs are to think they're ISFPs?
Precisely. For one thing, ISFPs are (I find) actually fairly outgoing for an introvert type (introversion doesn't actually have anything to do with outgoing-ness or sociability, but most people think it does), and they're also very likely for some reason to have an overblown tert Ni (I dunno if you've noticed that almost every ISFP ever in type forums started out self-typing Intuitive).

ENFPs on the other hand are S-inferior, which combined with the inherent anti-S bias in type communities leads to self-typing Sensing being a tad difficult.

Yeah the Si thing really trips me up because my writing, for example, is so filled with sensory imagery. I also love to cook and am very picky about food, the way things smell, blah blah blah.

You probably remember this from my thread on Personality Nation when I was considering xSFP types.
Indeed I do. :yes:

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not sure there's any such thing as an IxTJ 7.

It's like an ExFP 5. Except even more ridiculous.
I actually know an ISTJ with a strong 7 fix (my best friend's cousin). Not an outright 7, but close (he's 3w2 > 7w6 > 9w1 so/sx). He'd actually look like a shy ESTP if you met him, but he's so ridiculously Si-reliant it's hilarious -- pretty much every word that flies out of his mouth, every wisecrack, anything, is canned (usually from something his cousin said, or something I said). His cousin and I sometimes joke around that he's the world's first functional sex-bot. :tongue:

INTJ could be a 4 in an Ni/Fi loop if their Te wasn't strong for whatever reason. The really fanciful, emo INTJs. The ones who live in their anime movies and video games.

INTJ 2 though...I think that might be your Ni/Ti INFJ with only a bit of Fe.

INTJ 2 seems so unlikely to me. ISTJ 2 seems more plausible, even, though still quite rare.
Fi can translate into 2, easily. What's the problem?

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
Perception is the key factor in what makes us all different, and it's the last thing you're likely to figure out about a person.

So any S/N opposite will resemble each other and I find it true in my experience.

So IxTJs will resemble
ExTJ
ExFJ
IxTP
IxFP
IxFJ

You get my drift.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
Based on my practical observation on this forum, not theory or real life....

Types that act the most alike:
ISFJ+ INFJ
ISTJ + INTJ
ISTP + INTP
ENFP + ENTP
INFP + ISFP
ENTJ + ESTP
ESFJ + ESFP

ESTJs act like ESTJs

LOL!!!

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Precisely. For one thing, ISFPs are (I find) actually fairly outgoing for an introvert type (introversion doesn't actually have anything to do with outgoing-ness or sociability, but most people think it does), and they're also very likely for some reason to have an overblown tert Ni (I dunno if you've noticed that almost every ISFP ever in type forums started out self-typing Intuitive).

ENFPs on the other hand are S-inferior, which combined with the inherent anti-S bias in type communities leads to self-typing Sensing being a tad difficult.

yeah.

it seems like non-e7 ENFPs are more likely to think they're INFP, but then realize they're not INFP, at which point they look at other options but, being convinced they're introverted, stumble upon ISFP as a more active, adventurous FP variety that kind of sounds right. so that's when they may type as ISFP, but i'm guessing that it usually won't be without having gone through INFP first.

i've also noticed the thing about heavy Ni. but the tert seems like it almost always feels heavy when one uses it. it's very easy to recognize, so on-and-off.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
agreed except for IXTJs. INTJs do not act anything like ISTJs.

ISTJs are the NTs of the SJs, so there can be some confusion. Miles Edgeworth from the Ace Attorney series is likely an ISTJ, but I can see why one might type him as an INTJ.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ISTJs are the NTs of the SJs, so there can be some confusion.
No that's actually ESTJs. Ne + Te = NT-like behavior. ESFJs are the NFs of the SJs for the same reason.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
No that's actually ESTJs. Ne + Te = NT-like behavior. ESFJs are the NFs of the SJs for the same reason.

If INTJs are the most NT of NTs, wouldn't it make sense that ISTJs align the closest?

ESTJs lead with Te.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've heard INTJs tend to project themselves similar to ISTPs in social settings. Similar cases for ISFP-ENFP, INFJ-INTP, ENTJ-ESTP, ESTJ-ENFP, ENTP-INFP. For the ENFP being similar to both ISFP and ESTJ is rather interesting to me. I'd suppose there tends to be modes of moods in the communication realm for them.

Chiharu

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've heard INTJs tend to project themselves similar to ISTPs in social settings. Similar cases for ISFP-ENFP, INFJ-INTP, ENTJ-ESTP, ESTJ-ENFP, ENTP-INFP. For the ENFP being similar to both ISFP and ESTJ is rather interesting to me. I'd suppose there tends to be modes of moods in the communication realm for them.

You know, I've never seen an ENFP project ESTJ. ENTJ, INTJ, ISTJ, yes. Yet even rrrrrreeeeeeaaaaaaallllllly extraverted ENFPs never come off ESTJ to me. Maybe I need to meet more ENFPs in rl... I just get an abundance of IxFxs

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You know, I've never seen an ENFP project ESTJ. ENTJ, INTJ, ISTJ, yes. Yet even rrrrrreeeeeeaaaaaaallllllly extraverted ENFPs never come off ESTJ to me. Maybe I need to meet more ENFPs in rl... I just get an abundance of IxFxs
You should meet a good member of the forums called LittleLinguist. Very interesting person.
But yes, ENFPs can come off as ESTJs and ESTJs can come off as ENFPs. Only need specific circumstances and mood.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If INTJs are the most NT of NTs, wouldn't it make sense that ISTJs align the closest?
I'm not even sure INTJs are the most NT-ish (I think INTPs are), but no. ISTJs are S-dominant and N-inferior, so it makes no sense for them to appear in any way N-like.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm not even sure INTJs are the most NT-ish (I think INTPs are), but no. ISTJs are S-dominant and N-inferior, so it makes no sense for them to appear in any way N-like.

So the fact that they both have dominant introverted perception matters less than an ESTJ's Ne being third place (if it's really third place?)
I think Pi/Te looks more similar than Te/Pi.

A

Anew Leaf

I kind of think INTPs are the most NT-ish of the NTs as well. Just because of that non-fluffy marble core they have.

I agree with an earlier post that ENXPs can resemble each other a lot. I think since they both have Ne-dom, it's harder to parse what their secondary trait is.

To me ENTPs are the um.... "fluffiest" of the NT types... :)

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So the fact that they both have dominant introverted perception matters less than an ESTJ's Ne being third place
Ehm, yeah -- I'm not saying ESTJs look most like INTJs, I'm saying that they look most like intuitive types out of STJs.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Put inferior functions aside for a moment, and remember how people "appear". People often appear as their extroverted function. So with ISTJs, you often just see Te & get a sense of Pi. Add to that the fact that Si is idiosyncratic (not as "conforming" as people think), and you can get someone who is confused with an INTJ. I've known many an ISTJ who had some weird views, but when it came down to it, anything theoretical or non-realistic was silly to them. Everything about their view was very, well, sensory-focused. A poor grasp of MBTI might easily lead to them typing as INTJ though.

Also, because of tert-Si in INTPs, ISTJs can sometimes seem like an INTP who has poor Ne (stuck in Ti-Si loop).

The same can be said for why INTPs seem more NF at times than INTJs. Even though INTJs use tert-Fi, Fi is a very internal process for one (if Fi-dom are often not obvious Feelers, then how much less will you see Fi in the tertiary where it's supporting Pi?), and for two, the INTJ "face" is Te, which seems very rational & scientific, the stereotype of the NT. INTPs have a Ne face, which can seem silly, idealistic, and even nonsensical, all which might seem more NF-ish in its "light-heartedness". I agree that when you get to know these people more intimately, then an INTJ will seem more NFish & an INTP will seem more the "true NT". Same with ISTJs - they become pictures of the SJ when you get to know them & "see" their inner thought process exposed a bit, but until then, sometimes you just see an oddball using Te.

As for ESTJs, they are using obvious Te, and Si is in aid of it, making it more visible than Si in an ISTJ. It's the same reason EFPs seem warmer than IFPs - Fi is more visible when supporting the dom E function than in the dominant position. So ESTJs are easier to detect as Sensors.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Extrovert functions aren't really more externally displayed than introvert functions; they're just externally sourced. Fi can very easily be seen in righteous indignation or anger or any sort of conviction-fueled emotional burst, for example. Likewise I've not ever really seen INTPs to really look NF-like, unless you're counting NTR crap like emoness or cuddliness as F (though it'd be quite understandable for somebody to mistype any T type -- not just Fe types -- for an F based on it if they don't know enough of the theory).