• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Types Who Resemble Other Types

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Extrovert functions aren't really more externally displayed than introvert functions; they're just externally sourced. Fi can very easily be seen in righteous indignation or anger or any sort of conviction-fueled emotional burst, for example. Likewise I've not ever really seen INTPs to really look NF-like, unless you're counting NTR crap like emoness or cuddliness as F (though it'd be quite understandable for somebody to mistype any T type -- not just Fe types -- for an F based on it if they don't know enough of the theory).

Most MBTI/Jungian authors state the opposite, that the dom E function is most visible, and that with introverts, the dom function can remain quite hidden from casual acquaintances (close associates is another story). I suppose it depends on what theory you subscribe to, but I can't even think of one which says different (socionics maybe?).

The bolded is quite unusual to see from a Fi-dom unless you're a very close family/member or friend or it's crossed a major line (which is not very often, given the flexible Pe mentality). Everything in the descriptions about them supports this.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Most MBTI/Jungian authors state the opposite, that the dom E function is most visible, and that with introverts, the dom function can remain quite hidden from casual acquaintances (close associates is another story). I suppose it depends on what theory you subscribe to, but I can't even think of one which says different (socionics maybe?).

The bolded is quite unusual to see from a Fi-dom unless you're a very close family/member or friend or it's crossed a major line (which is not very often, given the flexible Pe mentality). Everything in the descriptions about them supports this.

I think what you have bolded is more usually witnessed in ExFPs.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Ehm, yeah -- I'm not saying ESTJs look most like INTJs, I'm saying that they look most like intuitive types out of STJs.

ESTJs do not look like NTs, they pretty much define the SJ type. Also, ISFJs tend to be more NF-ish in some cases (look at how many ISFJ females on line think they're INFJs...)

U just comin' up with random theories, as usual, Aleksei.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I've heard INTJs tend to project themselves similar to ISTPs in social settings. Similar cases for ISFP-ENFP, INFJ-INTP, ENTJ-ESTP, ESTJ-ENFP, ENTP-INFP. For the ENFP being similar to both ISFP and ESTJ is rather interesting to me. I'd suppose there tends to be modes of moods in the communication realm for them.

This, oh this. Oaky you are most correct.

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I could see INTPs being NF-like, at least outwardly, I think INTPs are the most gentle of the thinkers generally. Some of the common look a likes are ESTP/ENTJ, ISTP/INTJ.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I could see INTPs being NF-like, at least outwardly, I think INTPs are the most gentle of the thinkers generally. Some of the common look a likes are ESTP/ENTJ, ISTP/INTJ.

I don't find INTPs NF-ish at all. the only T type I see as fairly NF-ish would be INTJ

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So, maybe...
Thoughts?

ENFP --> Artisan (Sanguine: SP in Keirsey; ENP Interaction Style)

ENTJ --> Guardian (confusion with ESTJ?)
ENTP --> Artisan (Sanguine: SP in Keirsey; ENP for Interaction Style)
INTP --> Idealist? (Phlegmatic or Supine: NF for Keirsey* INP for Interaction Style)

ISTJ --> Rational (very analytical)
ESFJ --> Artisan (Sanguine: SP in Keirsey; ESF for Interaction Style)
ISFJ --> Idealist? (Phlegmatic or Supine: NF for Keirsey* INP for Interaction Style)

ISFP --> Idealist? (Phlegmatic or Supine: NF for Keirsey* ISF for Interaction Style)

*(Keirsey correlated them differently)

Sure these aren't backwards?

ESTP --> Guardian (ISTP and Guardian are both Melancholic)
ISTP --> Rational (ESTP and Rational are both Choleric)

ENFJ --> Guardian (INFJ and Guardian are both Melancholic)
INFJ --> Rational (ENFJ and Rational are both Choleric)

You should meet a good member of the forums called LittleLinguist. Very interesting person.
But yes, ENFPs can come off as ESTJs and ESTJs can come off as ENFPs. Only need specific circumstances and mood.

She didn't seem like an ESTJ at all; at least not here; but rather a very typical ENFP. She simply testified to "using" a lot of Te at times, and thus became confused about her type.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ESTJs do not look like NTs, they pretty much define the SJ type.
No they don't -- they are stereotypically seen as defining the SJ temperament because people don't really understand how ESTJs use Ne, but that doesn't mean it's accurate. The key strengths of an ESTJ are firstly knowing what they're supposed to do and how to do it (SJ-like), and secondly sifting through the various possibilities of how a situation might unfold and the best way to tackle them (not SJ-like). Take a gander at Swifty Lazar's portrayal in Frost/Nixon. It's a pretty good example of ESTJ use of Ne.