• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Vote on the best MBTI primary function.

Best/most useful primary function to have

• Se (extroverted sensing)

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Ti (introverted thinking)

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Fe (extroverted feeling)

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Ni (introverted intuition)

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Si (introverted sensing)

• Te (extroverted thinking)

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Fi (introverted feeling)

• Ne (extroverted intuition)

Votes: 5 20.8%

• Total voters

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Ok guys I wanna do a vote on what you guys think is the "best primary function to have". The question is subjective that's why I'm curious what the answers will be.

Coco

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
whats with the hand on your avatar?

Nicodemus

Each and every thing can only be good in relation to a purpose, which means that there is no general answer to the question of this thread.

Esoteric Wench

Professional Trickster
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Each and every thing can only be good in relation to a purpose, which means that there is no general answer to the question of this thread.

+1. Well said. Very true.

Of course this didn't stop me from voting for my dominant mental function Ne... Ne completely rocks! ;)

Neutralpov

Te is most visible and functional in the business world. Seems like Te users get taken seriously and viewed as competent easily

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
am i seriously the only one who voted for Fi?

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Best? It's totally context-dependent...certainly, none of them are morally superior to the others. Most useful? Useful in which way? Etc.

Te for getting things done, Fe for getting along with others, etc...I think it's pretty much an impossible question. An extroverted function is probably the most useful in our society, though.

I tend to find Ni more confusing and complicating-of-everything than anything else - not so useful, though I know there are ways that it can be - but that's probably partly because I've been undergoing some rough patches and struggling to get the Ni under control, feels like. I do think an Ni-dom is going to have problems if they don't work hard at developing and using their secondary and less dominant functions.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Te always wins because people think if they had it it would magically motivate them to do the things they are otherwise to lazy for.

And Ne scores second because people dont understand how lonely you actually are when you are a Ne user and cant imagine how anyone in the world would wish to be like you.

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
And Si seemed to score last (Si was the last to receive the 1st vote), because you think we are no fun. But it's the exact opposite. We are the only people who see the fun in collecting paper clips!

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
And Si seemed to score last (Si was the last to receive the 1st vote), because you think we are no fun. But it's the exact opposite. We are the only people who see the fun in collecting paper clips!

That's the spirit ! :solidarity:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPQCDdUoZCI&feature=related"]xD[/YOUTUBE]

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
Are people voting for what they perceive as the best, or is everyone just voting their primary as the best?

Si is cool, but without over thinking the question, I love the free-spirited nature of external perception, especially Se, especially when I'm able to go at something and not think about it. It's liberating.

Yeah all of the functions are 'best' in certain areas of life, blah blah blah blah blah. Just answer the question.