• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Giving People Personality Tests When You Meet Them

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Not right off the bat, no. I'm considering asking an e54 so/sp infj at work the next few chances I get; she's pretty nice. Has that touch and go, ghostly quality to her personality that's seems well-suited, receptive. Now that I think about it, an e56 sp/so intp would definitely take it if asked. We both wonder what we're doing there. As would e91 so/sp istp who is so ridiculously other-conscious and absent-minded that he could pass as an infp.

Another e54 so/sp intp might look into mbti if I were to bring it up, but sometimes people can be ambivalent so it may need a different messenger.

May also see what some enfp e76s think as they seem extraordinarily bored.

An e54 sx/so infp would def take it, but I wonder how well she'd pick it up. The other infps go through the motions almost entirely.

e19 sp/sx istj stupid prick lazy ass manager would ask me to squeeze my penis up his butt in response.

I'm usually thinking of so many things at once that it almost entirely depends on the person.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I would never dream of getting someone to do a test when we've just met.

I like to get to know a person face to face and the test is subjective anyway.

I was once pigeonholed because i was testing ESFJ (major disturbance in my life at that time) and i felt it was used against me (yeah, get a fucking life) and i'd never dream of doing this to another human being. I think if you are looking for something to discredit a person integrity (or make yourself feel better), you don't need to get them to take a test. How ignorant.

People are just people, flaws and all :D

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Nah, tempted to. Though I have facial recognition capabilities that intuitively let me know who's who now anyway. Its one of those subconscious things. The success rate was meh, and it confirmed my hunches as true to form and in the forward motion no real need to.

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I ask everyone I meet to take the test and have the result tatooed on their body in the spot of their choosing. I split the cost of the tattoo with them but I get to pick the design.

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I do it because I want to know if I am right about my predictions and most often I am. It also helps me figure out which buttons to press if I want a certain result and why I may not like them.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
why yes... I give them a MBTI test while processing the results for thier STD test :rolli:

talk about taking the fun out of human interactions...

T

ThatGirl

I have a really bad habit of "working" this into the convo on say, a first date.

One of these days I am going to get better at my people skills, I swear!