• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is it hard being an extrovert ?

Is being an extrovert hard?

• It sucks! I want to be an introvert! =(

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • I would prefer being an introvert, but being E is alright

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • It is hard, but I still like being an extrovert

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • It's hard being E, but I'm neutral

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's not hard being E, I'm neutral

• introverts are awesome too, but I'm glad I'm E

• I love being an extrovert! =D

• It's just a friggin letter, who cares?

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
What do you think ? Here are some of the disadvantages:

- billions of people phone you each day
- half of them are chicks
- you have lost so many 'Jean Provocateur' underpants on your guitar gigs to the groupies that your portemonaie is constantly empty
- you win every debate
- you asserted the majority of your surroundings, so you basically dont have to pay for anything but are a welcome guest anywhere
- your huge house parties start to bore the crap out of you
- concorde plane fuel has gotten insanely expensive
- you always have to tell people they may adress you by your first name cause they never dare to on their own
- your ten kids cost too much money
- your muscle car doesnt hold two corpses at once
- and finally: your pacheck got raised again this month because you only went by the office of your boss looking at him for half a second :)

What do you suffer from ?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
What no responses ? This research will die without your help ! ( found the exclamation mark on my mobile phone ! )

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^ I don't have any of those problems. It's really frustrating sometimes to be on the ambiverted and somewhat shy side, and then be stuck in low energyness and boredom most of the time. I didn't like the idea of being an extrovert at first because I liked to think of myself as totally independent, rather than admit how sick it makes me feel to be alone sometimes and how much the simple act of talking things out helps me to understand things and feel energetic again. People are too often boring and frustrating and I still don't really like the idea of needing them for anything, or needing anything external to keep me going for that matter, but I am learning to be more comfortable with this and use it to my advantage and enjoyment. It would also be nice to not get bored with things so quickly and be able to stick with one thing at length and like it, but again I can learn to use this to my advantage. But then a lot of this is probably just "me" problems. I'm not sure, there is still a lot to figure out..

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
:D

it's a daily struggle.

- whenever i visit anywhere on the globe i know i have someone who knows me
- even if i didn't, i can never go anywhere without making friends
- sometimes i get really bored and depressive when i'm in an elevator alone
- i need a 10-car caravan to hold all my really close friends
- my extensive family is always offering me places to stay
- i bond easily in every social situation, even across language barriers
- i get fidgety if i'm not the life of the party
- i have trouble with gangs because i make (rather assertive) friends on both sides
- i start to feel lonely when i remember there are only 6 billion people on the planet
- sometimes it gets old, being the center of attention
- i have to tape my mouth shut at night so i don't talk
- i also have to duct tape myself to the bed so i don't go off on amazing impulsive adventures
- i never get into those "gifted" programs because people already recognize all my amazing talents and i already own those programs

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
lulz

As a relative ambivert I've been able to "turn on" and "turn off" and I remember by the time I was in high school feeling sorry for people who couldn't easily make friends or speak up for themselves or what have you. On the other hand, I'm also kind of introverted in a way, so I'm not wildly wildly social ...though I did go through more of a phase like that in my teens and early twenties, where I was always hanging out and going to parties.

But yeah I don't have a problem being by myself, I can keep myself plenty occupied, but I do get more easily distracted and probably have a harder time focusing than an introvert, and I do start to feel kind of "dead" if I can't communicate with people in some way.

I don't have to talk all the time though. I'm not like my mom. I think my mom would DIE if she couldn't talk 10 hours per day.

I joke, I joke, I keed, I keed. It's more like 9 1/2.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Darn, I wish I could be more silly about this...... if I tried to make up a list of awesome stuff it would just remind me of all the awesome adventures I am missing out on and how pathetically bored I am, lol.

I fail at both I and E, so I guess things don't matter either way anyway :D

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Whhhhhhhaaaaa? But an introvert is suppose to be asking this question! Not an extrovert asking himself if it is hard being himself. :laugh:

S

sammy

It's tough being expected to be the life of a party ALL THE TIME. If the people around you are not a receptive audience, there's no realistic way you can make them laugh.

Extroverts' flaws are broadcasted around due to the fact that they're more visible. Introverts don't tend to show their flaws because they're so dang sneaky and keep their real behaviors to themselves. :ninja:

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
I hear you, entropie. Let's not even mention all these offers for citizenship because so many countries in the world want me to become their president.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Eff our lives, man. It totally sucks.

- I have to pay a guy to listen to me think out loud because I can't think inaudibly
- I wonder sometimes what it would be like to not constantly be surrounded by people who think I'm awesome
- This "introspection" thing sounds interesting, but I can't do it, so I'll never know what it's like. :(

- billions of people phone you each day
- your huge house parties start to bore the crap out of you
- concorde plane fuel has gotten insanely expensive
- you always have to tell people they may adress you by your first name cause they never dare to on their own
- your ten kids cost too much money
- your muscle car doesnt hold two corpses at once
- and finally: your pacheck got raised again this month because you only went by the office of your boss looking at him for half a second :)
- sometimes i get really bored and depressive when i'm in an elevator alone
- i get fidgety if i'm not the life of the party
- sometimes it gets old, being the center of attention
- i have to tape my mouth shut at night so i don't talk
These are tough, too. :( I relate.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I know what will solve all your problems!

Be like me! :nice:

And worship me! :worthy:

Send me your monies!

And all your extrovert problems will go away while you can still be an extrovert!

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Also, we can be fucking needy.

TALK TO ME.

PLAY WITH ME GODDAMMIT.

The poor introvert is cowering the corner crying "just leave me the hell alone!"

Sad days, indeed.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Also, we can be fucking needy.

TALK TO ME.

PLAY WITH ME GODDAMMIT.

The poor introvert is cowering the corner crying "just leave me the hell alone!"

Sad days, indeed.
*pats Marm on the back* Sorry that Introvert was being so obnoxious. Let's go back and hang out with all the cool Extroverts, and get out of the Jersey side of the playground. There's gossip to be shared, and games to win! :D

OMG such a good point.
Indeed! Extroverts are annoying right away, but it takes a little prying to see how annoying Introverts are. :yes:

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I have this problem. Isn't it a bitch?

this one time i only had scotch tape. i tried anyway, but i woke up the following afternoon in a hookah bar in morocco with three tattoos, one shoe, a naked indiana jones stunt double, and a new smartphone with 127 missed calls. and really sticky limbs, though i wasn't entirely sure if that was from the tape or - well, never mind.

- This "introspection" thing sounds interesting, but I can't do it, so I'll never know what it's like. :(

:( fuck, man, i know. i'm so superficial.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
this one time i only had scotch tape. i tried anyway, but i woke up the following afternoon in a hookah bar in morocco with three tattoos, one shoe, a naked indiana jones stunt double, and a new smartphone with 127 missed calls. and really sticky limbs, though i wasn't entirely sure if that was from the tape or - well, never mind.
Man, if I had a nickel for every time that happened to me...
:( fuck, man, i know. i'm so superficial.
:solidarity:

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yay for superficiality! Let's all go to the mall and chat constantly while looking for cute outfits :D

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Extroverts' flaws are broadcasted around due to the fact that they're more visible. Introverts don't tend to show their flaws because they're so dang sneaky and keep their real behaviors to themselves. :ninja:
Wrong, we are flawless! :newwink:
Btw, flaws are the elements that makes people likeable, as long as the flaws aren't too bad. Flawless people would serve only to make us feel bad about ourselves.