• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What can an SJ do that an NJ can't?

Perch420

MBTI Type
NiTi
Enneagram
5w1
I don't think there's even one. The inclusion of SJs in the MBTI roster seems little more than a PC attempt to make things like close mindedness, blind faith in rules and procedures, and so on into "personality traits" instead of things to dislike and be dismissive of.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
oh to be 15 again.

so, because you dislike SJs or think they're stupid, their types shouldn't even exist in mbti?

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
S is typically practical, N not so much. S deals with things here and now, N cares more about the future. But even these are just rough generalizations; it's not right to assume superiorty of one type over another, all it leads to it bitter discussion and blatent wrong assertions/theories.

Also I think you're INTJ.

G

garbage

SJs can collect past data and draw conclusions based upon that much better than NJs can. A good example would be actually reading the billions of previous threads that have already been posted on this exact same fuckin' subject where the sentiment expressed in the OP has been debunked.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
SJs can collect past data and draw conclusions based upon that much better than NJs can. A good example would be actually reading the billions of previous threads that have already been posted on this exact same fuckin' subject where the sentiment expressed in the OP has been debunked.

But if we don't debunk this, then what else will there be to debunk? :sadbanana:
Also, it's been a whole two weeks since we've talked about this. Maybe there were some new findings.

Like, like- this week I found an ENTJ that started talking about people's nicely groomed lawns which made me think, "so S." And then I thought, "In reality, what can this lady DO anyway? Must be an ESTJ. But she's so ENTJ, too." My thoughts on the topic are so in depth, that I've totally stumped myself.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think there's even one. The inclusion of SJs in the MBTI roster seems little more than a PC attempt to make things like close mindedness, blind faith in rules and procedures, and so on into "personality traits" instead of things to dislike and be dismissive of.

to give a practical answer:
- routine (which is far more practical than it seems at first glance)
- memory (NJs friggin suck at remembering things)
- able to act much more quickly. NJs need to form a paridigm or at least get a good grasp of what they're doing before doing it. SJs can just be like "the directions say do this. okay, done"
- more observant of details. Ns usually suck with details

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

The function that all SJs share as their dom/aux(Si) has little to do with "blind faith in rules and procedures" and it is no more close-minded than Ni, Si just has perceptual impressions(of sensory content) that it compares new information to, the rules and procedures some SJs might adhere to, either concerning impersonal external standards/procedures(Te) or the values of the group they feel most emotionally connected to(Fe) is more related to their Je function which they share with NJs.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The function that all SJs share as their dom/aux(Si) has little to do with "blind faith in rules and procedures" and it is no more close-minded than Ni, Si just has perceptual impressions(of sensory content) that it compares new information to, the rules and procedures some SJs might adhere to, either concerning impersonal external standards/procedures(Te) or the values of the group they feel most emotionally connected to(Fe) is more related to their Je function which they share with NJs.

so by that definition, comparing new data with past, established data would be a combination of Ne/Si right?

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
so by that definition, comparing new data with past, established data would be a combination of Ne/Si right?

Yeah that sounds about right, it took me a while to realize that the functional pairs with the opposite attitude and content(say Se/Ni or Ti/Fe) can actually work in tandem with each other, especially when sufficiently balanced with each other.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah that sounds about right, it took me a while to realize that the functional pairs with the opposite attitude and content(say Se/Ni or Ti/Fe) can actually work in tandem with each other, especially when sufficiently balanced with each other.

I think I use my opposite functions more in tandem than apart. especially Fi/Te, so much that I attributed it to pure Fi (I thought all Fi users had the fiery, choleric nature of Fi + Te, but I guess Fi by itself is usually much more docile and calm)

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
Do you get shoved into lockers by SJs a lot? You seem to have quite the chip on your shoulder.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Do you get shoved into lockers by SJs a lot? You seem to have quite the chip on your shoulder.

in case you're asking me (although I don't think you are), no. most of the people I had trouble with in childhood were ESPs (and contrastingly, some of the most entertaining and fun to be around)

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
in case you're asking me (although I don't think you are), no. most of the people I had trouble with in childhood were ESPs (and contrastingly, some of the most entertaining and fun to be around)

No, I mean Perch. He makes these Anti-SJ posts a lot. And the way he talks about them reminds me A LOT of how I used to feel about the girls who kicked my ass around in highschool. Kind of like a "Fuck them, they'll be bagging my groceries one day. I'm better than them, smarter than them, etc."

In fact, a lot of how he talks reminds me of the 15-year-old version of me.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No, I mean Perch. He makes these Anti-SJ posts a lot. And the way he talks about them reminds me A LOT of how I used to feel about the girls who kicked my ass around in highschool. Kind of like a "Fuck them, they'll be bagging my groceries one day. I'm better than them, smarter than them, etc."

In fact, a lot of how he talks reminds me of the 15-year-old version of me.

I was the same way from 14-17. people made fun of my so I was like "hmph, I'll just start a business and make money while they all drop out. good riddance" most of the spite has left me by this point, but I'm still trying to start a business :yes:

slowriot

He who laughs
Enneagram
5w4

No, its just acceptance and tolerance that people might think differently than you, theres nothing political correct about that. Its an objective view of the world that is beyond idealism.

rav3n

Father = ESTJ
Ex-husband = ISTJ
Close friend = ESTJ
Me = ENTJ

The three have near perfect recall when it comes to details. It's phenomenal what they can remember, especially when it comes to something they're interested in.

I suck at memory work unless it's part of a conceptual whole so everything triggers everything else.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Every type can do anything, within each person's individual parameters. Type is about preference and modus operandi.