• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What are the most "collectivistic" types?

• Total voters

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi

Wiki said:
Collectivism is a term used to describe any moral, political, or social outlook, that stresses human interdependence and the importance of a collective, rather than the importance of separate individuals. Collectivists focus on community and society, and seek to give priority to group goals over individual goals.

Edit: I have a theory that some of the most "individualistic" types are also the most "collectivistic" types, so I started two polls to test this theory. If you wish to know how that works...well, I don't know...but it will be interesting to see the results.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You've pretty much described the SJs, really.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I would vote ESFJ > ISFJ > xNFJ> other SJs > other NJs > everyone else.

Or pretty much the opposite of your other poll, unsurprisingly.

ygolo

My termites win
I was really just picking based of peronal examples...
I only picked F types (though not all of them), but that could be coincidence.

EDIT:Also note that an Eastern upbringing is likely to make someone more collectivist than a Western one.

I think there is a "flavor" that relates to this, but the name escapes me at the moment.

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
I guess I'm not too surprised about the results.

Most individualistic...

INTX, XNFP, ISXP

Shows moderate to strong Fi or weak Fe.

Most collectivistic...

XSXJ, XNFJ

Shows moderate to strong Fe or weak Fi.

Fi = Individualistic tendencies.
Fe = Collectivistic tendencies.

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
As you say, Kiddo, I think it will go both ways. Collectivism and individualism are very interelated, they require eachother to exist but also seem to converge in too many ways. For example, a lot of people's motivation as individuals seem to be to contribute and help and improve the collective. INFP's, for example, are focused on developing an individual identity, but once that identity has been formed, many people wish to help or inspire others. This seems to be true for myself. The collective supports the indivual's pursuits... I'm not sure how to explain what I mean by that, but its like a setting. The individual can not live totally independantly, and the collective provides a setting for these things to happen, it also provides something to work with... bah, I don't know how to explain what I mean...

sam988

MBTI Type
INTJ
No wonder no NT has received a single vote... pretty obvious poll.

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
No wonder no NT has received a single vote... pretty obvious poll.

If that is the case then why are XNFPs being voted as both "individualistic" and "collectivistic"?

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
I'm fairly individualistic. Fiercely, even. "Collectivism" is pretty much a dirty word for me, especially politically.

Ezra

Luctor et emergo
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Again, from a Keirseyan perspective, one would say the NFs and the SJs. But from an MBTT perspective, I have no idea. I don't have basis; what is the basis you can use?

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
I guess I'm not too surprised about the results.

Most individualistic...

INTX, XNFP, ISXP
Are you equating individualism with independence? Individualist for example E4s of the enneagram, have a strong need to stand out and be different. E9s don't want to stand out, but have a strong desire for autonomy. I do need to feel appreciated, but I can do that from a team standpoint. I would not discount anyone that considers themselves E4s or has a 4 component in the enneagram.