• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

J's...have you ever FORGOTTEN an appointment?

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I have ADHD and I was supposed to see my doctor today so he could refill my medications (which I've been without for three months). It was in my planner, but after tidying up my bedroom last night, I misplaced it.

Since I needed to sleep for finals today (which I most CERTAINLY remember, lol), I decided not to worry about my planner for today and thought I'd remember what I had to do today.

And it failed me. I totally forgot about the appointment, which I would have remembered, if I had been able to check my planner.

Does this confirm that I'm a P, or has this happened to other J's? I'm really not happy with myself right now.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What drives me NUTS as well is that I had known about this all week (I always review at lleast a week ahead), but it seems that if I don't constantly review the details, it quickly slips out my mind.

rav3n

Forgotten:
  • Birthdays, including my own.
  • Anniversaries.
  • Meetings (arriving on the wrong day or date).
  • Keys.
  • Most recently, misplaced my drugstore card.
And on and on and on.

S

Sniffles

Js can have ADD/ADHD too and can forget things too. Happens all the time for me, often because I'm either constantly being distracted or my focus is another something completely different.

FakePlasticAlice

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I don't forget appointments and such very often..but it's been known to happen. Especially when my mind is preoccupied by stress...or pot.

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
I've done better than just forgot an appointment. I've turned up for a job interview... 1 day early... by accident.

Max

MBTI Type
ISTP
I would imagine the finals are a much greater priority than the appointment; that probably would be what lead to me forgetting something like that. But if there's something I need to do, I put it in my phone's calendar so it makes noise and I'm sure to do it... I'd just lose a planner or piece of paper, lol.

Esoteric Wench

Professional Trickster
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
I laughed out loud when I saw the title of this thread. Good to know that we Ps aren't the only ones to occasionally act like a space cadet.

Sometimes I find you Js intimidating because you can run such a tight ship compared with me. So it's comforting to see there are occasionally a few leaks in the hull.

:cheese:

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Memory is not a J-trait. In fact, forgetting something because one loses a list is very J-like. The P would forget and not have a list at all.

My wife (ISTJ) and I (INTP) go grocery shopping every week. She has a list, I do not. She forgot the list and ended up missing several items, despite the fact she buys nearly the same things every week. I got everything I wanted.

F

figsfiggyfigs

I don't forget important appointments. I forget everything else, hence why I also keep a planner/to-do lists.

Sunny Ghost

I'm a P and have forced myself to keep a planner... or more like a notepad with To-do items written on it. However, this doesn't keep me on track very well. But I do better than I otherwise would without it. I have several items that I keep having to re-remind myself to do.

Speaking of which... my tag is 3 weeks expired and I've been meaning to cross that one off. :doh:

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I laughed out loud when I saw the title of this thread. Good to know that we Ps aren't the only ones to occasionally act like a space cadet.

Sometimes I find you Js intimidating because you can run such a tight ship compared with me. So it's comforting to see there are occasionally a few leaks in the hull.

:cheese:

Well, now I have to wait another month until I get my Ritalin. (And after a very bad experience last year, I *only* trust a doctor to dole it out now...)

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
^ have you tried calling and just speaking to the doc or a nurse? if they chatted with you for a few minutes to ensure everything's going well and you're not asking for any major changes in your dosage, i don't see why they wouldn't just go ahead and prescribe you a refill. that's pretty standard, half the time nurses just write the refill prescriptions and the doc reviews and signs off on them. or just signs off on them, if particularly lazy.

anyway, pretty sure that you being stressed over this is a good sign you're either a J or a P really close to the J border. what Ps tend to learn is that there are ways around our little oopsies :)

I've done better than just forgot an appointment. I've turned up for a job interview... 1 day early... by accident.
I came back the next day. I got hired. :D

:rofl1:
you would!

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^ have you tried calling and just speaking to the doc or a nurse? if they chatted with you for a few minutes to ensure everything's going well and you're not asking for any major changes in your dosage, i don't see why they wouldn't just go ahead and prescribe you a refill. that's pretty standard, half the time nurses just write the refill prescriptions and the doc reviews and signs off on them. or just signs off on them, if particularly lazy.

anyway, pretty sure that you being stressed over this is a good sign you're either a J or a P really close to the J border. what Ps tend to learn is that there are ways around our little oopsies :)

:rofl1:
you would!

I already tried that. No go. "By law, we cannot refill your medication until you come in person for a scheduled appointment."

BS!

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
oh, maybe because it's schedule ii. that slipped my mind. boo, sorry.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
J's don't ever forget.