• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

IxTP, very close S and N preferences. Good or Bad?

Trevo4311

MBTI Type
IxTP
So i've taken multiple free MBTI tests and I always score as either an INTP or ISTP. I'm guessing that means that my S and N are really close, which I'm not sure if thats good or bad. Yesterday I took a test that said my N is 53% and my S is 47%. I know those percents don't mean much but they are very close. After reading the comparison of S/N on MyPersonality I can't really decided between either N or S because I have characteristics of both traits.

These are the results of a test I took yesterday:
228978.png

So would you say that having close preferences is good or bad? why?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So would you say that having close preferences is good or bad? why?

It just means you're a mixed type. This is a very common thing and there's nothing wrong with it. The first time I took the test I scored 50/50 on the N/S scale. When I thought about my responses on the test, all it meant was that I liked to do things like keep accurate time (I don't care for approximate times like "about 5:30"), I always enjoyed keeping my watches accurate to the second.

I think in the long run the explanation was that I had some S affectations that I picked up somewhere as a habit, and that I was more truly an INTP at the core.