• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I think I was two letters off.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Which type sucks the most at typing themselves? I'm that one. The lack of knowing wouldn't bug me much except for figuring out if type specific threads apply to me or not.

I am feeling very ENTP, but I'm in doohicky gadget construction mode right now. That will probably continue for 2 weeks then I will be more NFey.

i think that would be infp haha but no...that doesn't fit to me maybe entp or enfp...i'd have to know you better to have a true opinion...i just see np'ness

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've been 3 letters off, don't worry :)
INTP looked like it fit better. Why'd you go back to INFJ?

With the new terms I've been using for T/F: technical vs humane (replacing "impersonal/personal"), which I believe clear up the dichotomy when used in terms of one's focus; it seemed like you were clearly technical focused. I remember you thought you were FJ because you "used" Fe in certain situations, but it's the overall focus is Ti; and it did seem like more than tertiary.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i think that would be infp haha but no...that doesn't fit to me maybe entp or enfp...i'd have to know you better to have a true opinion...i just see np'ness

At one point in time I was thinking about the ENFPs I 've talked to here to get a feel for what ENFP is. You have a very different feel than bouncy ENFPs around here. But mostly I'm starting to feel that it's hard to get a complete reading off of someone on the internet, the medium is responsive to projection from the participant and the observer.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Internet is indeed a bad medium to try and type other people. But that's part of the fun.

From reading this thread, since I don't remember reading or seeing any of your posts elsewhere (It's not you, it's more like I am blind as a bat, the wooden kind, I meet new faces on this forum everyday, only to realize I already knew them some time later.), I would think INFP is a fit.

You might seem as very T like because of your activities and interests, but the reasons for taking on those activities and interests is actually very feelery. And although your introverted nature doesn't seem very dominant, coupled with your life's experiences and choices you have made, it gives you the appearance of a very balanced person.

redacted

INTP looked like it fit better. Why'd you go back to INFJ?

With the new terms I've been using for T/F: technical vs humane (replacing "impersonal/personal"), which I believe clear up the dichotomy when used in terms of one's focus; it seemed like you were clearly technical focused. I remember you thought you were FJ because you "used" Fe in certain situations, but it's the overall focus is Ti; and it did seem like more than tertiary.

I don't think I'm clearly technically focused. I just think I'm good at the language. And Fe is less important on the internet. Plus, I'm pretty sure I'm much more Ni than Ne.

I am good at logic, but I think I'm more consciously focused on values. Also, realizing that I was enneagram type 1 helped me come up with a better self-narrative for INFJ.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
OK, then. I guess it must have been an inflated Puer I was seeing, after all. You used to impress me the way you laid things out sometimes.:)
I imagine it would also be the whole male F thing. (Being male pushes one towards a T persona).
You did seem a bit more "informative" and P-like, but then I guess I haven't seen enough of your interaction to get a full sense of it.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think that I've settled on NfP. I had some major introspection time this last weekend, and started uncovering a lot of things that gave me some insight. A lot of things that make me seem NT have do with my environment. I had absolutely *huge* pressure to conform an supress any NF characteristics growing up. I had a very deep conviction in my faith when I was a kid, and while that was encouraged, only certain types of rigid outward expressions were allowed. The religion is very businesslike, it's like going to church at a real estate office. The thing that prompted me to leave wasn't that the religion didn't make logical sense, it was that I was increasingly unable to believe that what they preached was characteristic of a God who loves.

On top of that I grew up in a Latino culture, a kind of rough one. I learned that there were certain types of things you didn't do, one of which is to show anything that might allude to weakness of any type. It was a kind of armor I had to wear in my school days.

Most of my life has been characterized by trying to be what other people wanted, so as not to dissapoint. This is not an NT sentiment. I have a very NT friend and he grew up in a similar environment, and is actually still part of his religion. He delt with it in a totally different fasion than I did. I tried to change myself until I almost broke and then rejected it. He just managed to section walls off of himself and rationally evaluated that he was getting more out of his connections than if he just cut and run. His religion was just a little less strict than mine, though.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You're an Enneagram 9, if that means anything to you, you've said quite a lot that indicates this, I'll go back and find each part if you wish. Try not to confuse enneagram traits with MBTI, the INTPs that 'live' at INTP central are mostly of the E5 type, that's the strong 'thinker' like vibe you get from them, you could still very well be an INTP, but... you seem to think about people quite a lot, and maybe factor them into your decisions? That's very much a feeler quality, if it is true.

Try not to mix up imagination and intuition (I'm not saying you are, I have no idea what you might be thinking ;)), 9s are generally very imaginative whether they are intuitive or not, what defines intuition is a specific preference for seeking underlying meaning beyond the facts and figures. A sensor may notice every detail of a room, what it does, how it feels etc. whereas an intuitive might notice an aspect of the room, like it's atmosphere. The trees or the forest. I just realized that you are indeed likely to be an intuitive feeler :). INFP 9? cool...

Last edited:

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Internet is indeed a bad medium to try and type other people. But that's part of the fun.

Is it really easier to type people out there in the 'real' world? Particularly if the person is introverted. Imagine if you ran into an introvert in real life, would you really be able to guess at their type? When you run into an introvert on a forum (or an extravert I guess) they have the time to think and write and rewrite and address everything they're thinking without being interrupted or being put on the spot.

The crucial part of what makes someone hard or easy to type is whether they know themselves very well, or whether you know them well enough so that they wont need to. You can get to know people through writing, just as much as through conversation. If someone lays out who they are accurately enough, it should be easy enough to type them. And I really think Qlippoth has actually done quite a good job of that, particularly since 9s have a lot of trouble seeing themselves clearly and often just give up.

Oh, and Evan, I really see INTP in you, but then again, I know an INFJ, and she does give INTP vibes too, but is clearly not an INTP. :)

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Is it really easier to type people out there in the 'real' world? Particularly if the person is introverted. Imagine if you ran into an introvert in real life, would you really be able to guess at their type? When you run into an introvert on a forum (or an extravert I guess) they have the time to think and write and rewrite and address everything they're thinking without being interrupted or being put on the spot.

Well, that and other things. I personally find it very hard to type balanced and healthy middle aged people in real life. The ones in real life that are easy to type, have obvious traits that show, that doesn't mean that all people of a certain type exhibit these traits. :p

But in that sense, there are both introverted as well as extraverted people that are hard to type without getting to know them very well.

But on the internet, all you have is what people type up, and what they type up has been given thought. It takes away some of the spontanious traits some types would normally exhibit, unless they feel unrestricted by the internet.

rav3n

I'd say INFP isn't a bad fit at all. For sure you're an INxP. You and Udog do give off similar vibes.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd say INFP isn't a bad fit at all. For sure you're an INxP. You and Udog do give off similar vibes.

Thanks for the input, I'm pretty damned sure about the P and the I. I thought I was sure about the N, but Red Herring has a theory that I'm an S, probably has to do with my hobbies and the things I tend to comment on in her blog. I still think I'm an N, but my P is willing to explore this S thing.

I may be an INFP, but this bothers me just a little bit because it automatically labels me as being fuzzy and vulnerable. Maybe I sound soft, but I don't feel soft. And if I do ever sound emotional, sentimental, empathetic, I resent that it's labeled as some form of weakness. I will kick ass when necessary, though I'll prolly skip the name taking part.

I guess I'm kind of sensitive to being percieved as weak, I learned kind of early that this is the best way to catch unnecessary trouble. Online, the stakes are a lot lower, but it can be a hassle.

rav3n

You're not alone in your distaste for the F dichotomy. It appears a lot of men have issues with it. But if you are an INFP (and I still have reservations about that), at least you're not one who denies it.

Is there really a problem with being soft with those you care about and being tough when it matters?

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You're not alone in your distaste for the F dichotomy. It appears a lot of men have issues with it. But if you are an INFP (and I still have reservations about that), at least you're not one who denies it.

Is there really a problem with being soft with those you care about and being tough when it matters?

Well, it does sound ideal, doesn't it? Of course this discussion leads into the whole confidence thing, which is another can of worms in itself. I need a self-analysis break, I've been spinning my wheels a lot lately, whew.

rav3n

Well, it does sound ideal, doesn't it?
There you go.
Of course this discussion leads into the whole confidence thing, which is another can of worms in itself.
What is confidence beyond a belief in your strengths instead of self-defeating emphasis on weaknesses?
I need a self-analysis break, I've been spinning my wheels a lot lately, whew.
Ha ha...yes, it can be exhausting and if spinning, can be counterproductive. Why not just enjoy your strengths for awhile? :)

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
After conceding to her that she is probably an ISFJ instead of an ISTJ, I admitted that I'm probably not an INTP, but instead of an F. I asked her to take a look at the INFP and ENFP profles to see what she thinks. Here's how she replied.. and she should know.

This is some of the stuff that I copied from the site I was looking at. There are things that show up in both, or at least things that are very similar in both. If you want me to comment or explain why I pulled some of these things I can tell you where I was coming from.

INFP

Their primary goal is to find out their meaning in life. They rely heavily on their intuitions to guide them, and use their discoveries to constantly search for value in life. They are on a continuous mission to find the truth and meaning underlying things.

They focus on the way that the conflict makes them feel,
On the other hand, INFPs make very good mediators, and are typically good at solving other people's conflicts, because they intuitively understand people's perspectives and feelings

Although they are not detail-oriented individuals, they will cover every possible detail with determination and vigor when working for their "cause".
When it comes to the mundane details of life maintenance, INFPs are typically completely unaware of such things.

INFPs have very high standards and are perfectionists. Consequently, they are usually hard on themselves, and don't give themselves enough credit.

ENFP
ENFPs have an unusually broad range of skills and talents. They are good at most things which interest them. Project-oriented, they may go through several different careers during their lifetime
An ENFP needs to focus on following through with their projects.
Others may fall into the habit of dropping a project when they become excited about a new possibility, and thus they never achieve the great accomplishments which they are capable of achieving.

They see meaning in everything, and are on a continuous quest to adapt their lives and values to achieve inner peace.

Because ENFPs live in the world of exciting possibilities, the details of everyday life are seen as trivial drudgery. They place no importance on detailed, maintenance-type tasks, and will frequently remain oblivous to these types of concerns. When they do have to perform these tasks, they do not enjoy themselves. This is a challenging area of life for most ENFPs, and can be frustrating for ENFP's family members.

They may become unhappy when they are confined to strict schedules or mundane tasks

The only thing in the ENFP desc not in the INFP desc is the many skills.. many projects thing.

A

A window to the soul

I remember talking to you. You're logical and intuitive with a softer side of Fe. INTP or ENTP maybe?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I remember talking to you. You're logical and intuitive with a softer side of Fe. INTP or ENTP maybe?

If I had to go by look and feel, I'd say he's T too.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

If I had to go by look and feel, I'd say he's T too.

Grrrr. It's enough to make me want to shell out for an official test. I just have to get a handle on this answering questions about myself accurately thing. It's harder than you'd think.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
that was an interesting quote on infps/enfps i can definitely see that difference between me and the infp bf very similar "looking" but different.
and you i can't tell...did you ever do a type me video?