• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The ANSIR

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I checked the ANSIR thread over at INTJf and of those claiming to be INTJs they had the following thinking styles:

Sage
Eccentrik
Philosopher
Evokateur
Realist
Dilligent
Extremist

Frankly, that doesn't surprise me.

In this forum, I noticed several people with the same ANSIR thinking style, but they were not the same MBTI type. Furthermore, the Enneagram was not created to correlate with MBTI types. Why people keep trying to correlate everything under the sun with MBTI, makes no sense. Just because someone scores X in one context doesn't mean it has to match up with something similar to X in another context. That smacks of people wanting what is tidy, rather than what is true.

What gets me is when someone can't find a one-to-one correlation and then gives up on it all out of frustration. I frankly find correlations to be more instructive, and anyway I don't see any single system to contain the Truth.

The human psyche, whether P or J or whatever, desires to find "tidy" intellectual unity in a single system. The existence of different varying systems frustrates this desire for neatly packaged answers, just as it may frustrate physicists to have two different explanations of the cosmos, one by general relativity and the other by quantum mechanics.

I would prefer to find a single Truth, but lacking any, I am satisfied to just have fun and go with what I've got to work with.

But if you have knowledge of various systems, don't you sense any identity at all between them? If so, why not seek out a single unified system of thought to explain the various identities?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I took this test in the 90s and was even a bit active on their boards (proto TypologyC?) I think my answers changed as I retested myself, but then, I was a wee youngin' then soooo~ :p

I remember I got 'Visionary' for all 3 1x, then I got 'Sage' for 'workstyle' (which didn't sound right, that sounds INTP all the way), and I got Evokateur and/or Idealist.

Too bad the website is not active for the test anymore, this seemed to be a thoroughly worked and novel system and a good parallel with MBT and Ennegram.

I still have the Working category test scans posted on Photobucket.

But I recently noticed something that may answer your question. You scored "Visionary" at one time and then "Sage" (which is like the ennea-type 5) at a later date. Keeping in mind what I said about personal growth changing one's answers, and correlations between ANSIR and Riso's levels of integration, Riso labels the highest level of the type 5 the Visionary. And type 7 integrates to the higher levels of 5.

Jaguar

But if you have knowledge of various systems, don't you sense any identity at all between them? If so, why not seek out a single unified system of thought to explain the various identities?

I am so accustomed to looking at things from different angles that it's natural for me to have multiple theories for X in my head at any one time. I won't lose any sleep if there isn't one unified system. But that's me, personally.

What's instructive (as long as people don't continue engaging in confirmation bias) is being able to see that MBTI isn't what it's cracked up to be. An example being, "You're type XXXX, so you think like this." If that was actually true, people would score the same across all contexts, and they simply don't. So when something like the ANSIR is posted, and people see that those sorted into the same MBTI type are not getting the same results on the ANSIR, it seems people should wake up and make an adjustment in their own thinking.

If I were to give you a paint brush and 4 colors of paint, surely you don't think you would paint the same picture as every other INTP, do you? Of course not.
But there are some people who actually think they would.

"Oh, an INTP couldn't have written that poem."
"Oh, an INFP doesn't go bungee jumping."

You get the point. :wink:

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am so accustomed to looking at things from different angles that it's natural for me to have multiple theories for X in my head at any one time. I won't lose any sleep if there isn't one unified system. But that's me, personally.

What's instructive (as long as people don't continue engaging in confirmation bias) is being able to see that MBTI isn't what it's cracked up to be. An example being, "You're type XXXX, so you think like this." If that was actually true, people would score the same across all contexts, and they simply don't. So when something like the ANSIR is posted, and people see that those sorted into the same MBTI type are not getting the same results on the ANSIR, it seems people should wake up and make an adjustment in their own thinking.

If I were to give you a paint brush and 4 colors of paint, surely you don't think you would paint the same picture as every other INTP, do you? Of course not.
But there are some people who actually think they would.

"Oh, an INTP couldn't have written that poem."
"Oh, an INFP doesn't go bungee jumping."

You get the point. :wink:

I went through the type-casting stage 25 years ago. At the time I also suffered from an intense dislike for any types in any system that seemed pragmatic ("pragmatists"). Ennea-type 3's positively revolted me. It just takes time to evolve out of this infancy stage of thinking about types while becoming a typologist.

T

ThatGirl

Is the answer key the description the question is pertaining to?

Then measuring which ones you have more of a preference for?

Actually since you have the book, I can post my answers and let you score it for me.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Taking this test is like doing work.

Work that I don't like.

Keeping up with details, putting numbers in spreadsheets, ugh.

T

ThatGirl

Not Me-A
Mostly Not Me-B
Somewhat Not Me-C
Somewhat Me-D
Mostly Me-E
This is me-F

1) D
2) F
3) F
4) E
5) F
6) A
7) F
8) E
9) D
10) D
11) F
12) E
13) D
14) F
15) B
16) D
17) A

20) B
21) F
22) D
23) E
24) F
25) B
26) D
27) F
28) F
29) F
30) A
31) A
32) F
33) F
34) F
35) B
36) A
37) E
38) A
39) E

48) C
49) D
50) F
51) C
52) B
53) A
54) F
55) A
56) A

Looks like some of the questions are missing, if you want to analyze this for me I would appreciate it.

T

ThatGirl

Taking this test is like doing work.

Work that I don't like.

Keeping up with details, putting numbers in spreadsheets, ugh.

Lol yeah. Although since I am trying to reorganize my goals and plans right now, I will take whatever feedback I can get. This is supposed to be career related, so I am all in.

wolfy

awsm
I took one look at the convoluted mess and said, NFW.

Hahaha, me too. I'm sure I have done that test by a different name. I'm just going to call myself a sage and be done with it.

T

ThatGirl

I am not sure what type of analysis you can get out of that but.....

Eh, it was better than socializing with everyone who is visiting right now...:ninja:

If anyone has any more tests they would recommend I would be interested in those as well.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am not sure what type of analysis you can get out of that but.....

Eh, it was better than socializing with everyone who is visiting right now...:ninja:

If anyone has any more tests they would recommend I would be interested in those as well.

Here's some analysis for those who don't have the book handy:
http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9204

Edit: here's another one of those correlation charts that includes the ANSIR, DSMIII-R/IV, Riso's, and Oldham's classifications.http://www.9types.com/movieboard/systems.html

T

ThatGirl

You're kind of feeding us swiss cheese knowledge. These sites really don't go into the theories, how to figure out what you are, or what it means.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You're kind of feeding us swiss cheese knowledge. These sites really don't go into the theories, how to figure out what you are, or what it means.

Admittedly, the correlations chart was rather far-fetched in some ways. If someone is willing to blindfold me and tie both my hands behind my back, I will make a more accurate chart than that guy. The first site contains quotes from the book itself. But even in the book itself you will not find very much theory.

But you will find instructions on finding your Boss type, a compatible-relationships chart, and a description of "Achilles' Heels" for each type.

Why is there little or no theory? Because the ANSIR was developed eclectically on the basis of thousands of interviews. Why is the Boss type your Boss type? Because, based on human psychology, some types of people favor working over non-work activities. An ESTJ for example is perhaps the hardest working type of the MBTI, and that one corresponds well with Idealist. The Working Idealist will be the Boss type of this profile even if someone also scored as an Emoting Idealist, because Idealists prefer working.

As the book says, "There are some Styles that need emotional satisfaction and others that need working satisfaction." The Style that "runs the most smoothly" and needs the most fulfillment becomes your profile Boss.

So there is no vast underlying theory, as with other systems, it is just a matter of looking at the type profiles.

When I say there is no underlying theory, this means there is no rationalistic, a priori, dogmatic foundation, as with the Enneagram which is especially guilty of such rigidity. (That's not to say I don't like or use the Enneagram, but in the long run these types of theories become stifling.) There is some theory but it's based on the simple idea that people respond differently in different circumstances. Many if not most people behave differently at work than they do at home. They are simply adjusting habitually to their environment. Most personality tests don't make allowances for this factor.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't know how accurate this is considering questions 40-49 were missing, but here goes:

Category Scores
Empath -3
Sage -1
Diligent -1
Idealist -5
Evokateur 4
Scintillator 7
Sage -1
Sentinel 3
Visionary 2
Extremist -1
Realist -3
Kinsmen -1
Healer -3
Philosopher -5

My 2000th post! :banana:

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't know how accurate this is considering questions 40-49 were missing, but here goes:

Category Scores
Empath -3
Sage -1
Diligent -1
Idealist -5
Evokateur 4
Scintillator 7
Sage -1
Sentinel 3
Visionary 2
Extremist -1
Realist -3
Kinsmen -1
Healer -3
Philosopher -5

My 2000th post! :banana:

:banana:

Those questions weren't missing, if you look more closely (assuming this is the page I'm thinking of) some of the 4's at the top were chopped in half (I don't remember why) so they appear to be 1's. This factor might have affected your score. I'd check that page again just to be sure. Number 40 at the top says "it is necessary to be ruthless to be successful," and it is an Idealist trait.

Also, there are two Sages on that list, I changed the first one to Eccentrik because it was missing from the list. But I can't change the excel sheet myself because I don't have access to that one at the download page.

Jaguar

Number 40 at the top says "it is necessary to be ruthless to be successful," and it is an Idealist trait.

How does ruthless = Idealist?
You'd think she'd at least have her types make sense.