• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The ANSIR

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
She is. She's smart. Her wit continually impresses me. I hope you were joking about the IQ thing.

Thanks for the test, do I just take it then ask you for the key?

The key is in my head. Whatever is easier for you. If you want to self-score, the pattern goes from left to right below each question.
-3 ("not me")
-2 (Mostly not me)
-1 (Somewhat not me)
+1 (Somewhat me)
+2 (mostly me)
+3 (This is me)
0 (Don't know)

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm sorry. But I find it really distracting that your answers to the questions are so extreme. Like, how can something be so definitely not you all the time? I rarely use that answer.

A

Anew Leaf

Well....... you may be a little right about the ADHD. Only it's that calm type. Not the hyper one. and I'm smart, DAMNIT! I'm a sage. Yea, that's my one. I'm a sage. There is nothing over bubbly, inattentive, or fidgety about me at all. OR THIS POST FOR THAT MATTER!

shortnsweet is one of mah favorite peepull in the whole wide world!

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Here's a memory jog then just for you!

Empath
Sage
Diligent
Idealist
Evokateur
Scintillator
Sage
Sentinel
Visionary
Extremist
Realist
Kinsmen
Healer
Philosopher

What are the scores for each of these?

EDIT: wait, if this is what i think it is, then I took it in 8th grade as administered by my English teacher & I got creativity (or "evokateur") for all 3.....my teacher said that was unusual.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
did the test, got 19. what's that mean?

G

garbage

8 + -6 + 9 + 9 + -3 + 3 = a big ol' 20. I demand three labels, please.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm sorry. But I find it really distracting that your answers to the questions are so extreme. Like, how can something be so definitely not you all the time? I rarely use that answer.

Some people may believe it's never or always like them. Maybe even most would. But it all comes out in the wash. Some would say your dislike of something like that is a personality characteristic or cognitive issue. At least it's not a forced choice Yes or No questionnaire!

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What are the scores for each of these?

EDIT: wait, if this is what i think it is, then I took it in 8th grade as administered by my English teacher & I got creativity (or "evokateur") for all 3.....my teacher said that was unusual.

I'm surprised if he or she didn't send you straight to the principal's office!

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
8 + -6 + 9 + 9 + -3 + 3 = a big ol' 20. I demand three labels, please.

Ok, so specifically, what do the - 6 + 9 numbers refer to? It is a 6 page test with 56 questions total. And I can't make 3 labels when this is only 1/3 of the original test, the Working part. So it's one label per person at the moment.

Here's a clue to scoring the test. Question 1 refers to the Eccentrik category. So if you entered "not me" that counts as a -3 toward that category's total. The categories are all mixed up throughout the test, but each test question applies to just one category (with one or two exceptions that I've found since some categories have similar traits). In the end, after they are all totaled up individually using the key that I have, the category with the highest number wins the honor of being your personal label.

The problem is, only I know what category each question refers to, so while you can score the test using the minuses and pluses, only I can tell you what they mean for each question. This means that the farthest you can take the test scoring on your own is to avoid adding them and just send in each question one at a time, as in "question 1 was -3, question 2 was 3") etc.

If there's a privacy issue with sending in these results, then I'll have to type out the scoring key for all 56 questions.

I apologize if I confused anybody in my quest to make this easier for both sides.

G

garbage

oops. Yeah, when I was taking the test, I was wondering how a single aggregate number would determine a type....

My condolences. To make up for my transgression, I have a present for you. I slapped the entire thing into Excel. Download, record your answers in place of mine, bam. Done.

My scores are:

Category Scores
Empath -1
Sage -4
Diligent 3
Idealist 0
Evokateur 1
Scintillator 2
Sage -4
Sentinel 1
Visionary 0
Extremist 7
Realist 4
Kinsmen 4
Healer 5
Philosopher -2

:solidarity:

I hope I recorded my answers right.. I backtraced my responses from my clipboard, because I didn't want to repeat the process of trying to answer the questions :shrug:

I don't know much about ANSIR, but I'm more than willing to refine the spreadsheet, add the other two types, etc. ...

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Is anybody here familiar with the ANSIR personality typology?

Yeah. I have the book. I got it in the late 90's or so, but they might have reworked the testing since then.

(I typically end up with Evok/Evok/Evok, w/ occasionally Sage thrown in there.)

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah. I have the book. I got it in the late 90's or so, but they might have reworked the testing since then.

(I typically end up with Evok/Evok/Evok, w/ occasionally Sage thrown in there.)

So it IS possible :D

The late 90s is when I took the test also...if it's the test I am thinking of.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My scores are:

:solidarity:

I hope I recorded my answers right.. I backtraced my responses from my clipboard, because I didn't want to repeat the process of trying to answer the questions :shrug:

I don't know much about ANSIR, but I'm more than willing to refine the spreadsheet, add the other two types, etc. ...

Your idea for using Excel really made judging the test scores easy! All I had to do was use the A to Z function which sorted the results by category (I had to input the categories into your Excel file first).

I have you as Working VISIONARY (scoring 7 points)

Sage came to 5 points, and you scored 4 points on Kinsmen. Philosopher was next at 3 points. (Sage is kind of like a type 5 intp, Kinsmen is like a type 6 or 9 infp, Philosopher probably a type 1 or 3 J-type.)

The type you scored lowest on was the Diligent (-5) - it correlates closely to the istj ennea-type.

ANSIR to MBTI correlation - I would have expected an Extremist score to correlate closely to E/ISTP. For an ENTP to score Visionary, on the other hand, correlates much better even with just one category out of three responding. Extremists are realists to an extreme - S types. Visionaries are Intuitives.

Furthermore, if you scored Working Visionary then chances are that that's your Boss type. But it requires taking the Emoting test to know for sure.

G

garbage

Your idea for using Excel really made judging the test scores easy! All I had to do was use the A to Z function which sorted the results by category (I had to input the categories into your Excel file first).

The scoring is all on the second sheet of the file :) But I screwed that part up of the sheet anyway :( Here's a fixed version of the ANSIR Working test.

I have you as Working VISIONARY (scoring 7 points)

Sage came to 5 points, and you scored 4 points on Kinsmen. Philosopher was next at 3 points. (Sage is kind of like a type 5 intp, Kinsmen is like a type 6 or 9 infp, Philosopher probably a type 1 or 3 J-type.)

The type you scored lowest on was the Diligent (-5) - it correlates closely to the istj ennea-type.

Checks out with my scores based upon the new sheet, too:

Category Scores
Empath 0
Sage 5
Diligent -5
Idealist -1
Evokateur 3
Scintillator 0
Sage 5
Sentinel 2
Visionary 7
Extremist 0
Realist 1
Kinsmen 4
Healer 0
Philosopher 3

.. yeah, I think that makes more sense.

Furthermore, if you scored Working Visionary then chances are that that's your Boss type. But it requires taking the Emoting test to know for sure.

Cool, thanks for the feedback!

I might try to run your scanned pages through an OCR to get the text of the questions, too. If ANSIR is somewhat valuable or interesting to people, we could also just create some sort of web quiz for it..

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The scoring is all on the second sheet of the file :) But I screwed that part up of the sheet anyway :( Here's a fixed version of the ANSIR Working test.

Checks out with my scores based upon the new sheet, too:

.. yeah, I think that makes more sense.

Cool, thanks for the feedback!

I might try to run your scanned pages through an OCR to get the text of the questions, too. If ANSIR is somewhat valuable or interesting to people, we could also just create some sort of web quiz for it..

I hesitate over possible copyright issues. I didn't make the test, I only saved it from vanishing into the depths of cyberspace just before they closed the original site. I understand that a new site and a new test will come along eventually, but it's taking years.

[edit - What sucks is that the book does not contain the test but directs people to the online site that no longer exists.]

By the way, you have Sage listed twice on the left side of your Score and Answer Key.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'll upload scans of the Emoting section of the test soon.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ahhh, with the new Excel, my figures changed:

Empath 2
Sage 2
Diligent 4
Idealist -2
Evokateur 0
Scintillator 3
Sage 2
Sentinel -1
Visionary 6
Extremist -5
Realist -1
Kinsmen 3
Healer 5
Philosopher 1

Highest: Visionary, Healer, Diligent
Lowest: Extremist, Idealist, Sentinel/Realist

Yeah that sounds about right.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
I took this test in the 90s and was even a bit active on their boards (proto TypologyC?) I think my answers changed as I retested myself, but then, I was a wee youngin' then soooo~ :p

I remember I got 'Visionary' for all 3 1x, then I got 'Sage' for 'workstyle' (which didn't sound right, that sounds INTP all the way), and I got Evokateur and/or Idealist.

Too bad the website is not active for the test anymore, this seemed to be a thoroughly worked and novel system and a good parallel with MBT and Ennegram.

Here's a memory jog then just for you!

Empath
Sage
Diligent
Idealist
Evokateur
Scintillator
Sage
Sentinel
Visionary
Extremist
Realist
Kinsmen
Healer
Philosopher

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I took this test in the 90s and was even a bit active on their boards (proto TypologyC?) I think my answers changed as I retested myself, but then, I was a wee youngin' then soooo~ :p

I remember I got 'Visionary' for all 3 1x, then I got 'Sage' for 'workstyle' (which didn't sound right, that sounds INTP all the way), and I got Evokateur and/or Idealist.

Too bad the website is not active for the test anymore, this seemed to be a thoroughly worked and novel system and a good parallel with MBT and Ennegram.

The ANSIR does have the advantage of being original with the author and not a knock-off of some other typology system. And yet it is possible to draw many correlations. Unfortunately, it is never possible to make it one-to-one. For example, Evokateur has to be split between Ennea-types 4 and 5. There is just no other way to make a fit when you have 14 types in one system and 9 types in another.

Also, there is the possibility of creating a fit with Riso's levels of integration. Here's an example of how this is done.

The ANSIR system mainly describes "confident" types of individuals, but it does cover "unconfidentOnes." The "working Visionary" type description of Seich's is confident, but she says the unconfident working Visionary is best described by the confident working Idealist. Incredibly, the higher level of functioning of one type acts just like the lower level of another. (This is somewhat like the Enneagram in which the below-average functioning 6w5 can be confused with a type 8.)

If at some point after taking the ANSIR test the first time you lost confidence, then maybe this describes the change in preference. Or it could be the result of more objective self-awareness. Working intensely at personal growth can also influence such changes. What people don't understand sometimes is that your center of self-awareness does not always keep up with inner change, it may take years for the realization (or revelation) to sink in that "I'm not the person I once was," whether the change involves a move toward integration or disintegration.

Jaguar

I checked the ANSIR thread over at INTJf and of those claiming to be INTJs they had the following thinking styles:

Sage
Eccentrik
Philosopher
Evokateur
Realist
Dilligent
Extremist

Frankly, that doesn't surprise me.

In this forum, I noticed several people with the same ANSIR thinking style, but they were not the same MBTI type. Furthermore, the Enneagram was not created to correlate with MBTI types. Why people keep trying to correlate everything under the sun with MBTI, makes no sense. Just because someone scores X in one context doesn't mean it has to match up with something similar to X in another context. That smacks of people wanting what is tidy, rather than what is true.