• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How NOT to motivate your type

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENFP
- tell them it's a lot of work
- tell them they need to commit more
- tell them it's the rules
- give them a step by step guide (granted, it may help them, but it sure as hell won't motivate them)
- tell them they need to be like everyone else

8w9
- tell them they can do it
- tell them everyone else is doing it
- try to convince them with force
- tell them they're supposed to
- try to guilt trip them

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
INFP
-Insult them or hurt treat them badly.
-Break thier trust.
-Force them to act more more efficiently.

9w8
-Cause unjustified conflict
-Get on thier bad side
-Disturb harmony

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
INTP, 5w6
Insult my intelligence or competence
Keep intruding on my space
Keep telling me to hurry up
Telling me things like "because I say so!" rather than giving me the real reason why
Pushing me to make a decision without sufficient information

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
ENFP 7w6

Fail to show me how what I'm doing plays into "the big picture"
Come to EXPECT me going above and beyond
Limit me from bringing my own personal element into things
Brush off my feedback (doesn't have to be implemented, but heard and fairly considered)
Refuse to consider new ideas, processes, plans, etc. for no good reason
Micro-manage me
Force me to achieve or produce at the expense of good relations
Shun diversity

A

Anew Leaf

A shorter list would be "how to motivate me"...

INFP*:
um.... I don't even know what to put here, so I am going to say "put me on the spot asking me how to define what unmotivates me"

4w3:
break my heart**

9w1:
be my aunt and uncle who couldn't get along with my mom during their mother's funeral a couple years ago... thus forcing me to put them in a corner for a Time Out.***

5w4:
break my "to scale" model of the solar system I have been working on all these long years.****

*the P stands for pudding!
** Seriously. Nothing stops my world quite like emo-rock and having to spend loads of time applying black eyeliner. As well as needing to buy a new Lisa Frank notebook because my last one is now completely covered in doodles with the guy's name.
*** How I fucking wish I was kidding about this.
**** For all future NTJs who read this: I am joking.

T

ThatGirl

Tell me I will feel good about the work I have done, more appreciative for whatever, or any other emotionally based incentive. I will feel as though I have been a part of something....:rolleyes2:

Also, don't lie. While false promises may motivate me for a second, the moment I realize you're full of shit, you're fucked.

rav3n

ENTJ/8w7

After refusing to discuss the big picture or why we're doing the job, train me in a linear fashion while insisting these steps are the only way to do the job, whatever that job might be. Then, crap all over me for not doing x exactly as trained, while still refusing to explain the why of it.

End result, you will eventually be killed.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
- guilt tripping
- begging
- tell me it's an easy job (well then why aren't you doing it?)
- micromanagement (ditto)

Libertine

Don't tell me what to do.
Don't tell me how to do it.
If I ask you how to do it, don't explain it like I'm completly incompetent.
If you want something from me, ask once, no begging, no flattering.
"Encouraging" words that works the complete opposite way ("It's not that difficult" or "You can make it!")

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ESFP:
Impose a lot of super strict rules.
Look over our shoulders/ watch us while we're working.
Make the work boring and routine.
Give us a job to do alone.
Criticize us.

Malcontent

MBTI Type
abcd
Really, I think everything you wrote about NOT to motivate people is right, but right in general, not by type...
What types could work well with that "rules" imposed on them?!

Chiharu

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ENFP
Lecture me a bunch
Guilt trip me >.<
Remind me after I've decided to do it
Put me in front of it
Insult me
Criticize how I do it once I start doing it!
Tell me, in depth, how to do it after I've said I understand!

Type 4
Tell me everyone else has done it
Guilt trip me
Tell me other people will look down on me for not doing it
Insult me

T

ThatGirl

See if someone tells me every one else has done it, my first thought is usually, "Not like this!"

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Really, I think everything you wrote about NOT to motivate people is right, but right in general, not by type...

Eh.. aren't there types that Prefer rules and clearly defined expectations? I thought that some people find comfort on these things.. usually not ENFP's though!

Sol_

MBTI Type
ESTJ
what ESTJ not like:

- I want (describes hyperspace cosmic ship) and have no plan how to do it
- you must do it to Monday (tells at end of Friday), I know no one did it even in 100 years
- no one have done anything similar thing, so you should improvise
- no one must to help you in any way even if your task imply it (all have their own work [playing solitaire], not disturb them in any way), they may do it only if they want [and planets tell them]
- your work will be ruled by incompetent chief (for example, stupid accountant assigned to post of engineer because she fucks with man important for me [and wants more comfortable post and more money]) + look next condition
- other co-workers may break your rights and sabotage your work, and I'll always get their side and will blacken you, because I value them but not new people here
- we are not just have joint business, but you should feel personally grateful to have abbility of work with me
- if you'll make it I'll give you $5 (while get 1 billion from your work myself)
- and of cause, if you'll not make this [idiotically organized work] I'll fire you with negative response and pay nothing

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ENFP 4:

Kindly refrain from telling me what to do like I'm a dog.

Kindly refrain from guilttripping me

Kinldy refrain from belittling me or my priorities

Kindly refrain from demanding I do things your way and refusing to explain to me the big picture

Kindly refrain from forcing me to do routine shit over and over again.

Kindly refrain from telling me I'm imcompetent and need to 'man up' already

Kindly refrain from being nothing but an emotional polluter when I'm trying to get a job done and then tell me I should quit being distracted or do a better job already. Go be an emotional cesspool elsewhere, seriously. Maybe you wanna bathe in that toxic shit but don't expect me to ignore your frigging stench. Either own your emotions and stop projecting or go be elsewhere.

Kindly refrain from telling me I'm a loser who will never amount to anything and expect to not have a skillet tossed at your head and the work dumped back onto you.

Kindly refrain from only remarking the stuff I do wrong and focusing on irrelevant details I'm still working out and refusing to provide constructive feedback and some words of affirmation.

That is all. Thank you :coffee:

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

hello Newman..

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Owner/manager response: "I don't have to make things easier for you, because nobody makes it easier for me!"

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
hello Newman..

Oh, A Seinfeld fan!

Another owner/manager response: "If it wasn't for me you wouldn't even be here. Who writes your paychecks anyway?"

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Owner/manager response: "Your paycheck should be motivation enough!"