• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Are INFJ's Natural Artists?

Ethan Bear

MBTI Type
INFJ
I am an INFJ and a bit of a photographer myself. I like art and love to understand art. But I was curious, are INFJ's seem to be artistic? And what other kinds of people are seen to be artistic?

KDude

I'm convinced that just about any type can be (genuinely) artistic. Typology wise, ISFPs are often given the "Artist" label. How often that's true, I don't know. I don't think it was meant to be taken too literally, but it could work. Take into account their idiosyncratic/value oriented nature [Fi], and being in tune with aesthetic and sensory details [Se].. add tertiary Ni weirdness and inferior Te's disregard for more productive/sequential/objective approaches in their worldview, and you probably have someone with a lot of artistic capacity.

Ethan Bear

MBTI Type
INFJ
Take into account their idiosyncratic/value oriented nature [Fi], and being in tune with aesthetic and sensory details [Se].. add tertiary Ni weirdness and inferior Te's disregard for more productive/sequential/objective approaches in their worldview, and you probably have someone with a lot of artistic capacity.

Im not going to lie I am not too familiar with that. I Just haven't been told or read up on it.
But it makes since that anyone could be able to be an artist.

KDude

Im not going to lie I am not too familiar with that. I Just haven't been told or read up on it.
But it makes since that anyone could be able to be an artist.

Oh, you mean the jargon. Sorry about that.

Every type is comprised of "functions", originally proposed by Carl Jung, and later expanded on in MBTI. So, in the ISFP's case, their "dominant" function is Fi (Introverted Feeling), secondary or auxiliary is Se (Extroverted Sensing). These, more or less, comprise their main ego orientation. Ni and Te (Introverted Intuition and Extroverted Thinking) work in limited/bizarre/or temporary fashion. Sometimes rarely at all, until well into adulthood. Because of this combination, someone decided to call them the "Artist".

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
But it makes since(sense) that anyone could be able to be an artist.

exactly. There are so many kinds of art...as there are many kinds of people

Ethan Bear

MBTI Type
INFJ
true I never truly can say that I can enjoy every type of art. But I think i can understand most of it at least. Like I am not musical in any way but I do have a photographer eyes when I get into a good adventure