• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ps, how do you plan your day?

Chloe

So, how do you plan your daily activities?

Only thing that works for me if i have a general idea what i need to do that day/week(usually it works in weeks) and then i dont schedule when will i do it, just that i will...
If i plan "school.studying.cleaning.exercise" in that order it will NOT happen, if i go "well i need to do some cleaning and studying, perhaps some exercise today" it is likely to happen. It is very inportant to me to pick on spot what will i do next...

You?

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
plan my day? why would i do something like that? :huh:

if i got somewhere to go, then i might wake up earlier so that i got time to shower before going(if necessary). its more like adjusting what i usually do to some exceptions if they occur.

Beargryllz

MBTI Type
INTP
Circumstances change, so the plans change. It isn't that we don't plan, but that the plans shift too often to be considered reliable. Best to stay open to anything

I plan all the time, but the majority of this planning is to change plans already laid out. Planning out an entire day? Wow, that doesn't happen very often at all, maybe like 1x each week

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I don't.

Unless I have an appointment.

A

Anew Leaf

I REALLY need to do this because I so often get nothing done.... But as soon as I start trying to plan I go crawl into bed to take a nap.... or I "check my email" and end up doing a wikipedia browsing tangent until 3 am.

Lately I have been trying to come up with a list of things I need to accomplish during a given week/day, and trying to keep that in focus as much as possible.

I just have such a terrible habit of: "Ok, I did SOMETHING!! Let's reward us by doing NOTHING! :D"

Flight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
istp
Enneagram
7w8
i hardly plan anything at all man i do keep little plans in my head though like i will order things and stuff and do things in a sequence but i mean in terms of activities and stuff i just go with it. people say i am v stereotypical perceiver. one thing i do hate though is being late. i am v punctual if i have a commitment.

SRT

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
?
I pick out things that I need to do, and then build a rough timeline, or schedule I guess, in my mind and then debate how much they really need to get done. If not I might put it off so I can focus on something else. I don't know, it depends on my mood :)

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have a priority list. Lets say I should exercise, wash the dishes and do the laundry, but I am realistically am going to only do two of those things. Excercise is first because if it's not absolute priority then I'll skip it every time and turn into a fat slob who can't tie his own shoelaces. Then the laundry will get done because I don't like to smell, and the dishes get screwed. Instead of doing dishes I do whatever sounds interesting at the moment, it's unpredictable.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I REALLY need to do this because I so often get nothing done.... But as soon as I start trying to plan I go crawl into bed to take a nap.... or I "check my email" and end up doing a wikipedia browsing tangent until 3 am.

Lately I have been trying to come up with a list of things I need to accomplish during a given week/day, and trying to keep that in focus as much as possible.

I just have such a terrible habit of: "Ok, I did SOMETHING!! Let's reward us by doing NOTHING! :D"

OMGZ! ME TOO! WE HAVE SO MUCH IN COMMON!!! :hug:

That's why I like Taoism. It holds "doing nothing" in very high regard.

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Hahaha.

My days really go with the flow. Only external obligations hold me to anything. Work, school, appointments.
I've *painfully* learned to be better about times with my Fe friends, and asked them to understand that when I'm late, It really, really doesn't mean that they are unimportant to me AND that its totally not my fault a toaster fell out of a third story window and hit me in the head, when this guy came to my aid and I realized it was my old bosses-ex wives-gardiners-son Raymond that really needed a ride in the same direction I was going, but while talking to him in the car I got distracted and took a wrong turn that resulted in a gas station stop, and thats why I'm 45 mintues late for coffee. Ofcourse I couldn't call because I left my cell phone on the counter at the gas station when I was digging through the pantyhose, nagchampa, sunglasses, and vitamin bottles to find my debit card. =)

Point being, I can try to plan ahead, but it just never works.

Plus, there IS a benefit to this. You know how they say that serial killers will find a target and stalk them for weeks, sometimes months, trying to get a persons routine down to find that perfect moment to snatch them? Good luck nabbin' a P, psychos. WE don't even know our next move. HEH!

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i'm a big planner...tomorrow i'm going to do this and that and this and that and this week i'll start doing this on these days and then by this day that will be done and by this summer i will have done this and that and i really need to start doing this and on and on...i have insomnia.. :/

Xenon

(blankpages)
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
...as soon as I start trying to plan I go crawl into bed to take a nap.... or I "check my email" and end up doing a wikipedia browsing tangent until 3 am.

Ugh. Yes. This.

Planning often doesn't work for me anyway. I keep trying to plan stuff. I do the planning part just fine, but I don't carry it out. Instead when the time comes I go, "Ehhh...I'll just relax for awhile, I've got plenty of time for that crap later". Then I end up wasting weeks "relaxing".

I know it'll energize me afterward if I get the less pleasant stuff done, but I still don't seem to have the will to resist stuff I'd rather do in the moment. :dont:

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
How I plan things:
Is there work to be done?
Yes
Can it be delayed?
Yes
Problem solved.

Now I should do something fun.

Great plan!

How I plan before an exam:
Do I trust my improvisation skills?
Yes
Why learn then? I'll never know my improvisation limits if I won't test them.

and end up doing a wikipedia browsing tangent until 3 am.

I just have such a terrible habit of: "Ok, I did SOMETHING!! Let's reward us by doing NOTHING!

and this. :laugh: Although I quit browsing wikipedia, I can't focus reading long articles.

Also:

How I feel when I have an appointment.

It's 1 PM, 1 hour remaining. What can I do in 30 minutes? (assuming that it'll take me another 30 minutes to get to where I'm supposed to go)
There's:
a) The compulsive habit of reading and watching unnecessary things. (wikipedia, imdb, youtube, poetry.com, newspapers, google etc.)
b) Start talking to someone on messenger or on the phone (unlikely)
c) Start posting here
d) Go smoke a cigarette and do nothing(very likely)
e) Do nothing. (not as likely as smoking a cigarette while doing nothing)

All of the activities above will last more than 30 minutes, and I will probably be late..again.

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
i'm a big planner...tomorrow i'm going to do this and that and this and that and this week i'll start doing this on these days and then by this day that will be done and by this summer i will have done this and that and i really need to start doing this and on and on...i have insomnia.. :/

this, imo, seems very P. it reads as if the day plans you. in modern civilization we pretty much do go by schedules. thanks to the Js presenting us ways of keeping a smooth operating machine like modern plumbing, water treatment, electrical grids and stuff. it's where Js shine, imo. yet, things like cancer and auto wrecks aren't planned. when those things happen, i believe Ps shine in their spirit to accept it. prolly could best put it like this.......Indians never planned. they followed the plan before them. like when herds migrate, water levels (snowpack) fluxuate to have them decide to temporarily settle on higher or lower ground. :)

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Plus, there IS a benefit to this. You know how they say that serial killers will find a target and stalk them for weeks, sometimes months, trying to get a persons routine down to find that perfect moment to snatch them? Good luck nabbin' a P, psychos. WE don't even know our next move. HEH!

This has also crossed my mind, in an innocent trying to see the good in everything way. The memory of this thought is lodged somewhere next to how i'd be able to dodge bullets if i ran in a really random pattern so as the gun person would not be able to fix target.
Planning is absolutely brilliant, i have wished to be a planner so much on so many occaisions.
I have a friend that writes a daily list FOR EVERYTHING... i met her for coffee recently and she crossed off "Meeting Gem for coffee" as she sat down... wow.
how.is.this.possible. I'm in awe of her.
I want to be a planner but (in contradiction) at the same time i worry that i would loose a lot of spontaneity and freshness in the process of forcing myself to writing regimes.
Sometimes i get organised, thats works in the same way as housecleaning for my mind...clearing it out... but it never seems to last long.
I don't want to conform to the machine. I resist.
I think a lot about the things i/we will do and how to achieve them, mental planning but i lack the consistancy necessary to carry everything out... that plus there really is not enough time... i have a wild imagination.

Serendipity

the Dark Prophet of Kualu
MBTI Type
RAD
I'll chime in with the rest of them but I might be a closet J. (after this post, J seems to be a fairy tale; told by mothers to keep their own sanity in check when the child got whisked about by the storm inside the childs' heart, raving and racing towards the bitter waterfalls of life)

I tell myself what I need to do and then I don't do it because I found something else interesting to do and neglect whatever I was supposed to do in the beginning, even if that same thing is what I did in sequence with forgetting the thing I need to do. Because ALL NEEDS DOING!
The only time I happen to managed to do something that was actually on my To-do list, is if I accidentally went from one spring board to the other without noticing it was on my to-do list.
It's simply a wonder that I manage to finish replies without getting tangled up in a big ball of yarn.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The only time I happen to managed to do something that was actually on my To-do list, is if I accidentally went from one spring board to the other without noticing it was on my to-do list.
It's simply a wonder that I manage to finish replies without getting tangled up in a big ball of yarn.

Yeah i get it.
You need to go and buy socks...
you get tangled in a ball of wool....
End result......

images