• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ps, how do you plan your day?

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Being close to borderline on the J/P scale, I use some planning but not heavy planning. I make sure to block out enough time so that the things that have to get done that day get done. I also have in mind some things I'd like to get done but don't have to get done but I don't always write them down on paper- they're in my head. I roughly block out a schedule for the day but often times this will change and sometimes its hard to know exactly how long something is going to take. I might have something like, I plan to do X in the afternoon but I may not have a specific time slot for it. All too often, I plan more things in a day than I can possibly get done.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, I have a general idea of things I need/would like to do, and then I do them when the opportune time presents itself. This does mean I get sidetracked sometimes :cheese: . Sometimes I think, "Tomorrow, I'd like to get X, Y, and Z done", but if I don't, then it's no biggie. Or I may wake up & decide to do something else altogether.

The thing is, when I do make real plans, then I take them seriously, and if they get broken or changed, then I get annoyed. I think that's why I prefer not to plan; it feels like its hanging over me, and I have high expectations for the payoff. I'd rather keep it loose & not be disappointed either in the circumstances or even in what I am able to accomplish.

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
Oh gosh, I can relate to the 'internet... forever!' thing too. I mean, look at me. It's 3 am. It's exam week. (Though I don't have anything tomorrow!)

I'm also on time or early everywhere. I don't get to places late because, for example, if I'm late to a lab I get a 0 for it. Not a worthwhile price to pay.

William K

Uniqueorn
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I'm also on time or early everywhere. I don't get to places late because, for example, if I'm late to a lab I get a 0 for it. Not a worthwhile price to pay.

You follow a strych schedule?

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
what's a "plan"...?

haha just kidding. i'm a total planner.

in addition to a schedule book with appointments, i make a list of things i have to/want to do, and then number them in the order i think i want to get them done. the things that i really really have/want to do, i'll mark with a star or some other kind of symbol.

usually i'll end up dropping a few non-essential items on the list to make way for whatever comes along in the day. they'll just go on tomorrow's list.

and sometimes if something really important comes up, i'll chuck the list altogether. :yes:

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
i have a PA. she's responsible to deal
with the resource traffic coordinator.
i just follow what my fone says.

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I was going to say something similar to that, but everyone MUST plan to some extent. You may not know what route you're going to take to work, but you know that you definitely have to get up, get ready, and go to work. That's a must. Sometimes I want to leave that off my schedule too, but I usually end up keeping that on my list of essentials. :D
True, I guess it depends what you call planning really. I don't know what time I am going to get up tomorrow or what time I will get to work. Getting to work ranges about an hour span between 15 minutes "early" and 45 minutes "late" but I happen to know that my supervisor doesn't care what time I get there so I don't have to fight it as much.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't? It sort of flows in the direction in what needs to be done. Let's just say external directions like needing to go to class. I guess you can say a weak planning. Some things like getting up to get ready (brush my teeth, take a shower... etc) are just part of any day whether I plan or not.

If nothing particularly important needs to be done... ehhh... the day just goes by with whatever I feel like doing at the time.

I don't keep a physical note that, "Ok, I need to do this at 7 a.m. on Monday, at 8 a.m. I need to be at this place, at 11a.m. is around the time I should have my lunch break, at 1 p.m. I should get to my next class. At 5 p.m, I am free. At 6p.m. I should rest and play some games."

I mean... shoot me if I have to do that every-single-freakin-day. I mean, I do plan...but not every day.

Ponyboy

Insert witty line here...
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
I like to plan my week out ahead of time. I make mental notes of what needs to be done and when. Then at the end of the week I can review my perfomance and say to myself....."It's Friday?"
(perhaps I should review this policy! :doh: )

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I have a broad idea of what I want to get done for the next 6 months.

I have a generic list of things I need to get done throughout the year.

I have a written down list of priority things I canNOT forget to do during the week.

Day to day stuff is decided as I wake up and get to evaluating where I am at between all of that above.

G

garbage

Oh yeah, I also always make sure that I have some sort of plan, but I don't particularly mind if I deviate from it. In fact, nowadays, I expect it.

But I can't start my day without any real goals or a plan in mind.

gromit

likes this
I see which formal commitments I have made, think about what I want to accomplish. Then, in between formal commitments I just decide if I want to go for an accomplishment (less fun) or something else that I more feel like doing.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I have a planner, which is an extension of my soul. Pretty much everything I need to do on that day is in there, and I have to get it done on that day.

And I'm still not a J? :shrug:

wolfy

awsm
What did you say?

I was replying to something in the thread. Something about me being as organised as an etj. But then maybe not so. I posted from a search on my name so the order is out of whack.

gromit

likes this
Haha... it's ok. I'm on a slower computer today where it takes me like a minute to load any page, so I'm not doing as much reading as normal.

A

Anew Leaf

Relevant Materials: This is Why I'll Never Be an Adult

I have in my car no less than three whiteboards. All with the perfect and innocent intention of making them make me work on my goals.

I almost bought some new dateplanners, but decided that the 4 in my basement are accumulating enough dust.

I begin these kinds of moments with a heart filled with love and organization and this:

responsibility12(alternate).png

My current state is:

responsibility12(alternate)2.png

And I have a class to teach at my business tomorrow... I have materials to gather... but isn't that what the hours of 9-10 am are for? (Class starts at 10:30.)

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5
Relevant Materials: This is Why I'll Never Be an Adult

I have in my car no less than three whiteboards. All with the perfect and innocent intention of making them make me work on my goals.

I almost bought some new dateplanners, but decided that the 4 in my basement are accumulating enough dust.

I begin these kinds of moments with a heart filled with love and organization and this:

responsibility12(alternate).png

My current state is:

responsibility12(alternate)2.png

And I have a class to teach at my business tomorrow... I have materials to gather... but isn't that what the hours of 9-10 am are for? (Class starts at 10:30.)

I have to clean my house today. This is also my face.

AND THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT 9-10am IS FOR!!!

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
"First thing tomorrow I'll stop procrastinating and actually get started on all the things I need to do."

Rinse and repeat, daily.