• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Inferior Function Fetish

Ingrid in grids

Ni dominants (INTJ and INFJ) may develop Se fetishes to conquer their weakness such as car racing, sports and dancing.

I can somewhat relate to this, but I don't know if I'd attribute it to an 'Se fetish'. X-country horse-riding, show jumping, racing etc.

G

garbage

oh, god yes, baby, be overly detail-oriented with me. god, I love it when you recall past experiences

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
oh, god yes, baby, be overly detail-oriented with me. god, I love it when you recall past experiences

ohhh... yes. YES! I'm PHILOSOPHIZING AND DAYDREAMING ABOUT WHAT I WANT YOU TO DO NEXT!!!

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
:rofl1:

Fi dominants (INFP and ISFP) may develop Te fetish such as structural organisation, debating, business and politics

Debating yes, but only that. I just like to argue with people, it's not formal debating or anything like that. I also organize things but only when stressed, so I suppose that could be inferior-related too.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I read the webpage and didn't really identify with what was being said.
I think it's just reading far too much in / trying to create a pattern where none really exists.
(And I do think later in life we start exploring new things of all sorts -- just not things necessarily related to the inferior.)

However, I still do identify with the phrase "INTP in INFJ clothing."
Unfortunately, that was not in the article being linked to. :(

Dead. :rofl1:
This is so sig worthy.

You guys are so nutty. :wacko:

Chiharu

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This would explain so much.

When I was going through a hard time as a child, I hid myself behind this persona. The mask of a person so much stronger than me, who could cope perfectly with family and social issues (or so i thought at the time), the type of person who didn't need to feel hurt by rejection. I made myself look like an xNTJ. xO

On the Si note... not so much. Well, maybe. I feel really accomplished when I keep a plan alive and feel positively badass when I untie a difficult knot? That might be Si...

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
feel positively badass when I untie a difficult knot? That might be Si...
hahaha... my wife (estj) constantly brings me necklaces to detangle and i love it... i thought about starting a detangling service but i decided there would be no market for it :tongue:

amazingdatagirl

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
Personality types are defined by the dominant/auxillary pair (not exclusively the dominant function). An INTP is a person who prefers to utilize Ti/Ne not Ti alone. If an individual were pure Ti then they would never interact with their environment - a form of catatonia.

The inferior functions also operate as a pair. An inferior function fetish is a manifestation of BOTH tertiary and quaternary components. The Puer/Puella (tertiary) represents either actions or values that symbolize the childish self. The Anima (4th function) is also called the aspirational function. This cognitive pair embodies both playful attitudes and the desire to improve one's self (hobbies and leisure activities for example).

Some posts objected to the word fetish and I agree that it may not the best descriptor because of dark, sexual overtones. Webster's alternate definition is "an object of irrational reverence or obsessive devotion". When a harmless leisure activity crosses the line from hobby to obsession then it becomes a fetish.

So I'm an Se dom... Guess I have a philosophizing and daydreaming fetish?
My son-in-law is ESFP. He is primarily a performer but is also quite talented at video editing. The guy is an expert on popular culture (Ni). He uses his technical expertise (Te) to create media that appeals to a mass audience. I doubt that his uber-extroverted nature would ever allow his inferior preferences to become an obsession.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I have hobbies from all of them. I think this is indicative of xNxP at least ;)

Ohh, but this is about fetishes. I like Si and Fe and all, but not in that way.... Improv comedy and strategy games, on the other hand, are pretty hot

But then the inferior isn't supposed to develop much until later in life, so that could be to blame.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
For this reason, I've resigned myself to spending my golden years quilting and collecting coins.

Errr...it's not your golden years. Your inferior function usually develops by your thirties, I think. Sometimes earlier under certain conditions.

I believe that you've got the dom function as a toddler/pre-schooler, the aux function by the time you're an adolescent, tertiary by your early twenties, and inferior by thirty...I'd say forty at the absolute latest.

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Errr...it's not your golden years. Your inferior function usually develops by your thirties, I think. Sometimes earlier under certain conditions.

I believe that you've got the dom function as a toddler/pre-schooler, the aux function by the time you're an adolescent, tertiary by your early twenties, and inferior by thirty...I'd say forty at the absolute latest.
Maybe our resident processed "meat" product is really slow or planning to die early.

G

garbage

Maybe our resident processed "meat" product is really slow or planning to die early.

I was planning on dying early. That's what happens when you live life on the edge through gardening and coin collecting. Y'all can just deal with it :cool:

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Personality types are defined by the dominant/auxillary pair (not exclusively the dominant function). An INTP is a person who prefers to utilize Ti/Ne not Ti alone. If an individual were pure Ti then they would never interact with their environment - a form of catatonia.

The inferior functions also operate as a pair. An inferior function fetish is a manifestation of BOTH tertiary and quaternary components. The Puer/Puella (tertiary) represents either actions or values that symbolize the childish self. The Anima (4th function) is also called the aspirational function. This cognitive pair embodies both playful attitudes and the desire to improve one's self (hobbies and leisure activities for example).

Some posts objected to the word fetish and I agree that it may not the best descriptor because of dark, sexual overtones. Webster's alternate definition is "an object of irrational reverence or obsessive devotion". When a harmless leisure activity crosses the line from hobby to obsession then it becomes a fetish.

My son-in-law is ESFP. He is primarily a performer but is also quite talented at video editing. The guy is an expert on popular culture (Ni). He uses his technical expertise (Te) to create media that appeals to a mass audience. I doubt that his uber-extroverted nature would ever allow his inferior preferences to become an obsession.

Pop culture expertise is Ni?

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I was planning on dying early. That's what happens when you live life on the edge through gardening and coin collecting. Y'all can just deal with it :cool:

Don't forget the quilting.

I'll be sitting outside in my porch swing wearing my striped overalls and engineers cap, eating prunes and werthers originals if you want to get together sometime and live dangerously. Bring your coins.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx

You must be doing some really hard drugs if you plan on quilting as you wait for death in your early thirties. Are your teeth already rotting?