• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Finger length and testosterone

Please tell me which is longer relatively, your index or ring finger

• I am a male INFJ and my index finger is shorter than my ring finger

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • I am a male INFJ and my index finger is longer than my ring finger

• I am a female INFJ and my index finger is shorter than my ring finger

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • I am a female INFJ and my index finger is longer than my ring finger

Votes: 8 13.8%
  • I am a male ENFP and my index finger is shorter than my ring finger

• I am a male ENFP and my index finger is longer than my ring finger

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • I am a female ENFP and my index finger is shorter than my ring finger

• I am a female ENFP and my index finger is longer than my ring finge

• I am a male ENTP and my index finger is shorter than my ring finge

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • I am a male ENTP and my index finger is longer than my ring finger

• I am a female ENTP and my index finger is shorter than my ring finger

• I am a female ENTP and my index finger is longer than my ring finger

• I am a male ISTJ and my index finger is shorter than my ring finger

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • I am a male ISTJ and my index fingers is longer than my ring finger

• I am a female ISTJ and my index finger is shorter than my ring finger

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am a female ISTJ and my index finger is longer than my ring finger

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am a male INFP and my index finger is shorter than my ring finger

Votes: 6 10.3%
  • I am a male INFP and my index finger is longer than my ring finger

• I am a female INFP and my index finger is shorter than my ring finger

Votes: 8 13.8%
  • I am a female INFP and my index finger is longer than my ring finger

• Total voters

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm an ESTP and my index finger and ring finger is about the same length.

meanlittlechimp

MBTI Type
ENTP
This hypothesis seems pretty absurd and mildly insulting... I have less testosterone cause I'm INFP?

I apologize if I'm misunderstanding it, but that is absurd.

Why would you be insulted? I'm not making a value judgement, you are. I don't think it's necessarily better to have more testosterone. I would prefer to be balanced actually, and not have too high or too low of a level, but that's just me.

You don't think testosterone level could affect personality? If testosterone is linked to aggression, risk taking, violence and criminal activity etc. You don't you think there could be a correlation between type and testosterone? I'm not even saying I KNOW there is a correlation (though I suspect there is). I just wanted to collect the data available to me, using a polls, on a few forums. No one else is out there measuring testosterone to mbti type. But I would bet my life, certain mbti groups have higher levels on AVERAGE.

Correlation does not mean INFPs can't have high levels of testosterone. Correlation is higher likelihood, that two variables are related or connected. Causality has nothing to do with correlation.

Hexis

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
My index finger is longer than my ring on both hands.

ArbiterDewey

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Ring longer on both hands. Left hand ring finger longer than right hand ring finger. I don't believe that this information has any relevance, however.

meanlittlechimp

MBTI Type
ENTP
Interestingly, the results are pretty surprising with at the INTJs
23 men had longer ring finger and 0 with longer index (included 3 people I measure offline and 3 from intpcentral
7 women with longer ring finger with 1 longer index

INTPs
55 with longer ring fingers and 13 with longer index (forgot to add gender at intpcentral)

I think the initital loose results have compelled me to actually start measuring ratios offline and do a more proper study.

LucrativeSid

On both hands, my ring fingers are longer than my index fingers by 1/8th of an inch. (Index = 3 and 1/8. Ring = 3 and 1/4)

aeon

Potoumchka
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
The relative length of the index (second) and ring (fourth) fingers is set before birth and remains the same throughout life. The length of fingers is genetically linked to the sex hormones, and a person with an index finger shorter than the ring finger will have had more testosterone while in the womb, and a person with an index finger longer than the ring finger will have had more estrogen.

---

I am male and type as INFP. My index and ring fingers are the same length.

My partner (tovlo) is female and she types as INFJ. Her index and ring fingers are the same length.

Neither of us voted in the poll as there was no selection that represented the lack of difference in the length of our digits.

cheers,
Ian

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I don't like it. I don't like it one bit, sir. I don't think testosterone can be linked with type; I'm skeptical about your finger-length quiz; I have reservations about people typing themselves; and, I think the theory tries to create dichotomies where they don't really exist - T/F, I/E.

Ezra

Luctor et emergo
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Why are their not options for many types up there?

meanlittlechimp

MBTI Type
ENTP
Why are their not options for many types up there?

There is a limit on poll size and I didn't realize how many ENTJs there were on this site (I also did INTJs and INTPs on their own forum). I would thank any ENTJs who post their results or PM me.

meanlittlechimp

MBTI Type
ENTP
I don't like it. I don't like it one bit, sir. I don't think testosterone can be linked with type; I'm skeptical about your finger-length quiz; I have reservations about people typing themselves; and, I think the theory tries to create dichotomies where they don't really exist - T/F, I/E.

I'm somewhat skeptical of my quiz as well. But if I captured ratios I would be less so. I also have reservations about people typing themselves, but I would venture to guess that at least 80% of the people that type themselves on these forums are accurate.

I think I'm probably wrong with my initial hunch that INTPs as a group have that much of a correlation to testosterone levels, but have even more faith that INTJs do, from my limited results. I think the I/E dichotomy and testosterone is probably wrong. I still think the T/F dichotomy and testosterone is probably right.

I still think testosterone is probably linked to type (or at least some of them).

sky_mana

MBTI Type
INTJ
I have a theory that INTPs/INTJs will tend to have a longer ring finger relative to their index (pointer) finger.

I'm an INTJ and I have the lowest 2D:4D digit ratio (the difference in length between index and ring finger) of anyone I know. It's difficult to measure, but, on my right hand, where the differences are more pronounced, my index finger has about 84% the length my ring finger.

I'd at least like to think your theory is correct :)

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Interesting thread. There have been studies on this. Here's one article on it, for example: Finger Length Predicts Speed, Aggression, Smarts and Motivation | LiveScience

Basically, they say that the longer your ring finger is in relation to your index finger, the higher your prenatal testosterone and the more aggressive you are. However, since I heard about this theory, I noticed that some people I know with high ring to index finger ratios were not aggressive at all, and some without them were.

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've never been able to figure out which finger is longer. Depending on how I hold my hands or even simply which side I'm looking at them from (how on earth does that work?), it's one or the other.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
I've never been able to figure out which finger is longer. Depending on how I hold my hands or even simply which side I'm looking at them from (how on earth does that work?), it's one or the other.

Measure them in your inner palm from the point where they connect to the palm all the way to the tip of the finger.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Seriously dude. . . please stop making the same threads at each site.

It's rather annoying.

And your theory is wrong.

Not all of us belong to more than one forum, so is it really something worth getting annoyed with? Why even waste your time with that post..it's pointless, man.

As for the poll, I'm a male ENFP whose ring finger is longer.

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Measure them in your inner palm from the point where they connect to the palm all the way to the tip of the finger.
The skin is lower on one side of my ring finger. Do I measure from the lower side or the side where the finger first connects?

EDIT: Also, which side am I supposed to do the measuring from?

bluebell

MBTI Type
INTP
Female INTP (I have no idea if I voted in your original poll on INTPc, mlc), ring fingers on both hands about 1mm longer than index finges.

The skin is lower on one side of my ring finger. Do I measure from the lower side or the side where the finger first connects?

EDIT: Also, which side am I supposed to do the measuring from?

I think it's easier if you do it on the palm side. I measured from the crease (doesn't matter which part of the crease as long as you're consistent) to the top of my fingers.