• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Finger length and testosterone

Please tell me which is longer relatively, your index or ring finger

• I am a male INFJ and my index finger is shorter than my ring finger

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • I am a male INFJ and my index finger is longer than my ring finger

• I am a female INFJ and my index finger is shorter than my ring finger

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • I am a female INFJ and my index finger is longer than my ring finger

Votes: 8 13.8%
  • I am a male ENFP and my index finger is shorter than my ring finger

• I am a male ENFP and my index finger is longer than my ring finger

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • I am a female ENFP and my index finger is shorter than my ring finger

• I am a female ENFP and my index finger is longer than my ring finge

• I am a male ENTP and my index finger is shorter than my ring finge

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • I am a male ENTP and my index finger is longer than my ring finger

• I am a female ENTP and my index finger is shorter than my ring finger

• I am a female ENTP and my index finger is longer than my ring finger

• I am a male ISTJ and my index finger is shorter than my ring finger

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • I am a male ISTJ and my index fingers is longer than my ring finger

• I am a female ISTJ and my index finger is shorter than my ring finger

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am a female ISTJ and my index finger is longer than my ring finger

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am a male INFP and my index finger is shorter than my ring finger

Votes: 6 10.3%
  • I am a male INFP and my index finger is longer than my ring finger

• I am a female INFP and my index finger is shorter than my ring finger

Votes: 8 13.8%
  • I am a female INFP and my index finger is longer than my ring finger

• Total voters

Splittet

Wannabe genius
MBTI Type
INTJ
I remembered the stats wrong, it's probably more like 70-30, but it varies between countries. Go check it up for yourselves though.

heart

heart on fire
I would like to hear the theory of why the longer ring finger would make one a Thinker over a Feeler.

I thought all it meant was that there had been more testosterone exposure in the womb.

meanlittlechimp

MBTI Type
ENTP
I remembered the stats wrong, it's probably more like 70-30, but it varies between countries. Go check it up for yourselves though.

Do you recall where you got that? I remember reading that men are twice as likely as women, to have longer ring fingers but women are twice as likely for the reverse. Can't find the original study I read some time ago (that took place in India).

If there isn't somewhat of an equitable split, I don't see the point in all the research I'm stumbling across using index finger length as a predictor of homosexuality, arthritis and standardized testing.

heart

heart on fire
It sort of sounds as accurate as using moles to uncover the witches in the middle ages.

Splittet

Wannabe genius
MBTI Type
INTJ
Stats from England:

mannin2.gif

Source: Michael E. Mills reviews Digit Ratio: A Pointer to Fertility, Behavior and Health by John T. Manning

Maverick

MBTI Type
ENTJ
I'm a male ENTJ and my ring fingers are longer than my index fingers.

meanlittlechimp

MBTI Type
ENTP
It sort of sounds as accurate as using moles to uncover the witches in the middle ages.

Well my hunch is that high levels of testosterone or the reverse, would have some correlation to type. Since the index finger trick is a cheap and convenient (though less accurate) measure of testosterone levels, I was hoping to find something.

I would think male ENTJs and ESTPs, would almost never have low testosterone levels, for instance.

This whole thing is likely to not be very effective though since I'm not measuring the actual ratios (and am just looking at which one is longer). I'll probably have to photocopy hands of people I know offline.

heart

heart on fire
Well my hunch is that high levels of testosterone or the reverse, would have some correlation to type. Since the index finger trick is a cheap and convenient (though less accurate) measure of testosterone levels, I was hoping to find something.

I would think ENTJs and ESTPs, would almost never have low testosterone levels, for instance.

This whole thing is likely to not be very effective though since I'm not measuring the actual ratios (and am just looking at which one is longer). I'll probably have to photocopy hands of people I know offline.

On my left hand the ring finger comes up right under the middle ringer, the index finger comes to the top knuckle of the ring finger.

My husband is Feeler, his ring fingers almost on par with his middle finger.

meanlittlechimp

MBTI Type
ENTP
On my left hand the ring finger comes up right under the middle ringer, the index finger comes to the top knuckle of the ring finger.

My husband is Feeler, his ring fingers almost on par with his middle finger.

Does your husband happen to be an ENFP? what type of Feeler is he? and did you measure the finger from the base opposed to just eyeballing them?

I to think there must be many male feelers with shorter index fingers. Though less so in certain Feelers. Maybe I should start a website with an mbti test and fax number for people to send in photocopies of their hand with type (since I'm not actually capturing ratios in this experiment).

I got the idea when I noticed two female friends (1 ISTP and 1 INTJ) had significantly shorter index fingers (which is rare in women). Two male INFJs, I measured had significantly longer ring fingers (which is rarer in men).

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
This hypothesis seems pretty absurd and mildly insulting... I have less testosterone cause I'm INFP?

I apologize if I'm misunderstanding it, but that is absurd.

Seanan

Procrastinating
MBTI Type
INTJ
I don't really get the point of the experiment. You collect all this data but, in the end, have no way to back up a conclusion without blood tests. Maybe its just me?