• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How would the world be like without Ni?

Thisica

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
5w4
I've read through the responses for Fe and Ti, and I'm just curious to see the responses to that question :)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
well
1) there would be no prophets
2) there would be less scientists
3) there would be less civil rights activists (although INFP and ENFP could easily take this up too)
4) entrepreneurs would have less competition :yay:
thats about all I can think of without getting into "there wouldn't be X because person Y would never have been born"

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
there would be more jews around(because hitler wouldnt had killed so many of them) and less people like gandhi. taoism(and similar stuff) would probably not exist as well

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not sure it would be so different really. Ni seems to be one of the rarest functions and least important in the world order. Some kinds of innovation would occur slower. There would be fewer insightful people maybe.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Be far less paradigm shifts. I'm not actually sure if that would be a good thing or not. (I would go with it being a bad thing).
There would still be prophets, Ne is just as good at that sort of stuff, inspite of the party line.
There would be a lot less truely profound thinking, mysticism would take a beating! So would religion and pyshics (omg! those two words in the same sentence). The world would be a slightly more boring place.

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
I'm not sure it would be so different really. Ni seems to be one of the rarest functions and least important in the world order. Some kinds of innovation would occur slower. There would be fewer insightful people maybe.

I was thinking something like that.

Chiharu

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think there would actually be more mysticism, but less of it would be deeply whole and meaningful. Ne generates a lot of ideas, concepts, and theories, but Ni reconciles them into an actual doctrine. So... fewer broad religions/philosophies, but more religious beliefs/theories.

My pet theory is all that all religions came from a series of Ne ideas, reconciled into a few Ni doctrines, carried out through Se actions that eventually became Si traditions.

Thus, w/out Ni there would be many many many Ne ideas with a few Se and Si developments each. Multiple shallow religions/philosophies rather than the comparatively few broad religions/philosophies we have now.

ultimawepun

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Holy magic beans, Batman.

Is Ni really that "mystical"?