• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What are the 3 PERSONALITY TYPES that have serious issues of ENVY & COVETING GOODS?

curiousel

What are the 3 PERSONALITY TYPES that have serious issues of ENVY & COVETING GOODS?

So what are the 3 types that are really jelous: ISFP perhaps?

and what about those 3 who really want to get some stuff. That is coveting goods?

Thanks.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
envy is an issue of ego. it has nothing to do with MBTI, but plenty to do with enneagram. to answer your question though, 3w2, 3w4 and 4w3

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
depends on how you were raised, too... if you were raised in a household where you hardly got any nice stuff - if it was all hand-me-downs and secondhand - then you might tend to be covetous. i have a relative that is like this. he is very disciplined and responsible but he wants stuff, likes stuff, cherishes stuff. because he never had it.

jealousy i think is more likely to be a factor for E and F types, who tend to do more external comparison. but elfboy's right, the enneagram is a better typing system if you want to talk about "sins", because they're motivation driven more than cognitive-pattern driven.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
INTJs and ENTJs for starters.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
INTJ, really?
I thought they were very rational...

they collect information that is logical, then combine the info with irrationality to form a big picture, usually this leads to rational outcomes, sometimes not so much. also tert Fi can make them quite irrational.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I don't like to stereotype people, but I have noticed an absurd numbers of NTJs (especially on-line, but also IRL) obsessed with status and possessions.

I honestly used to believe this mindset was SJ, but after discussions with people who claim U.S. culture has become more and more ENTJ rather than ESTJ, I realized that it's true...many NTJs are in this business of coveting "goods"...the biggest house, the fastest sports car, the girl that will make other men jealous, et al.

This is probably immature NTJs, and AGAIN, of course not all NTJs are like this...but it appears to be an odd trend.

knight

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
tsomeone concerned with status and prestige
InFP`s

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
You will not get an answer here worth considering that is based on anecdotal evidence. We could survey/poll people on this board about how often they feel envy or greed, but that's still not very reliable. That and this sort of thing is a separate thing from mbti entirely, as was mentioned above

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
it's...a weakness of mine. It's pretty bad. If some CEO is speeding by in a black 2011 BMW convertible with a Harvard alumni bumper sticker, it kills me. And I obsess about how to get that or better.

I can't see an ENTJ having this problem though. I might be a feeler. However, it gives me the motivation to succeed.

You will not get an answer here worth considering that is based on anecdotal evidence. We could survey/poll people on this board about how often they feel envy or greed, but that's still not very reliable. That and this sort of thing is a separate thing from mbti entirely, as was mentioned above

How do you expect there to be objective data for a subjective self-analysis using subjective measures? It's impossible for answers to be anything BUT anecdotal, so if many people reply, it's as good as it's gonna get.

Just because you can't attach a specific correlation coefficient to MBTI, doesn't mean a correlation is absent.

rav3n

When seeing someone with more anything than I have, it doesn't bother me. If they enjoy it, good on them. :shrug:

If it's something I want bad enough, I'll find a way to get it. If it's a someone, can't recall ever wanting anyone bad enough to go the extra distance if they don't initiate and reciprocate.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
When seeing someone with more anything than I have, it doesn't bother me. If they enjoy it, good on them. :shrug:

If it's something I want bad enough, I'll find a way to get it. If it's a someone, can't recall ever wanting anyone bad enough to go the extra distance if they don't initiate and reciprocate.

What if someone envies a CEO, but they never will be, because they're not intelligent enough? Say, their IQ is only 120, and to have that power it'd have to be 150?

(I don't know my IQ, but just saying in general.)

Then what?

rav3n

What if someone envies a CEO, but they never will be, because they're not intelligent enough? Say, their IQ is only 120, and to have that power it'd have to be 150?

(I don't know my IQ, but just saying in general.)

Then what?
Can't answer that one since there are things I can't do and accept this. It's not within my skill-set to be a serious mathematician but I admire someone who can be one. Same goes for being an entertainer. No envy or jealousy on my part.

As far as being a CEO, I don't have the desire to be one for a large corporation. Way too much politicking. You may believe you rule the roost but you also have to answer to the Board, as well as your shareholders. You even have to answer somewhat to your executive staff. Been in the top echelons, although not the CEO. Hated the restrictiveness of it, hated the eternal tap dance, hated the sheer waste of time and after the adrenaline rush of the restructuring challenge, hated the eternal boredom of all the other things I hated. So...I went self-employed and much prefer this, by a light-year. Way more freedom where if revenue drops, it's solely my fault. And if revenue increases, it's all "my" gravy.

Be careful what you wish for and I mean that seriously.