• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Smiling in Pictures and MBTI Type

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
lulz i smile all the time. i hate when someone takes a crappy picture of you and puts it on facebook though. seriously? seriously do you not see how i have one eye half closed?

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I always smile in pictures - and I do so willingly and without question. So do most people I know. The only people I know who don't smile for photos, don't do it because they're insecure about their teeth??? :wtf: Seriously - an SFJ (my grandmother) and an ESFP.

I don't mind having pictures taken of me and nearly always smile for them.

Soar337

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I lways smile in pictures, I think smiling with teeth and smiles that meet the eyes are an NF thing? Repressed smiles are kind of an NTJ thing? I know I've missed out many things here...

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Funny, someone here just started asking me about my smiles in pictures on FB. (I don't even have many pictures there. Most were uploaded by others). I wonder if it was in connection with this thread.

The person actually said they look "effusive"! I would say my picture smiles are rather forced. (From being shy, and then "having" to do it). Perhaps it's also from being Supine the "introverted Sanguine". (Basically, a variation of the "Behind the Scenes" Interaction Style).

I don't usually smile (Unless I'm making some silly joke or watching or thinking of something funny, as this site even suggests http://www.intp.org/intprofile.html). I had to run it by my wife to make sure. In person, I'm often all dry information, as she says. (Though with some amount of enthusiasm if it is something I'm really into like type theory).

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Funny, someone here just started asking me about my smiles in pictures on FB. (I don't even have many pictures there. Most were uploaded by others). I wonder if it was in connection with this thread.

The person actually said they look "effusive"! I would say my picture smiles are rather forced. (From being shy, and then "having" to do it). Perhaps it's also from being Supine the "introverted Sanguine". (Basically, a variation of the "Behind the Scenes" Interaction Style).

I don't usually smile (Unless I'm making some silly joke or watching or thinking of something funny, as this site even suggests http://www.intp.org/intprofile.html). I had to run it by my wife to make sure. In person, I'm often all dry information, as she says. (Though with some amount of enthusiasm if it is something I'm really into like type theory).

Well Eric, consider that when you and I have hung out IRL, we've talked about nothing BUT type and you were very chatty and friendly. I think we get along well and you seemed at ease with our lil group. Your smile is very clear in my head actually, so you're just not realizing when you're doing it I think!

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The chattiness was from what I described in the last sentence. (Plus, again, being Supine and liking being around people).
I was pretty happy and excited in the meetings. Wish we had more of them.