• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Smiling in Pictures and MBTI Type

niffer

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i don't show my teeth unless it's candid.

Tayshaun

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I usually force myself to smile in order to please the picture taker or the person who is bound to add the picture to their collection. I find it more efficient to fake a smile and avoid facing the bickering or disappointment that can come from a person whose conception is that a picture should always convey preternatural joyfulness. Most of the time though I am in a state of calm joy with an "inner-smile" which manifests externally discretely in the shape of my lips, with the hint of dimples and aloof but compassionate eyes. Therefore, in certain situations acting natural is fine, but being on a picture invariably makes me feel self-conscious.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am a forum necrophiliac, so I decided to do some grave-robbing.

I hate smiling for the camera. I think my smile looks retarded.

I do like my Kubrick stare, though! :D

Splittet

Wannabe genius
MBTI Type
INTJ
I smile in pictures, even if I find it annoying. It’s just a habit. Perhaps I started doing it because I wanted it to be over faster. When you smile, the photographer complains less, and the shot is taken faster.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I never understood why people smile in pictures.

Does it mean they're really happy? I doubt it.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't often smile in pictures unless candid. it's because i feel rather shy/awkward when being photographed, so any expression ends up looking really tense and fake. I just try to relax my face and snap it fast. Pics basically always turn out more to my liking when i do this.

reason

MBTI Type
ESFJ
According to faith, I smile all of the time, and so do my eyes. Though you'd have to ask her what that means.

Recluse

MBTI Type
INXP
I have a recent photograph of myself with a smirk on my face from stifling a laugh. In the rest I am unsmiling; although I thought I was smiling when some of them were taken. Hm. :mellow:

I suspect that Extroverts, Sensors, and Feelers smile the most, in pictures and otherwise. Never trust an INT who has a perpetual smile.

Usehername

On a mission
I'm pretty smiley when i'm goofing around with my friends. When I'm just in public, though, I'm unlikely to show any facial expression.

I do find that I have conversations with people I know in my head (some friends I think I've "talked" to more in daydreams as opposed to RL), though, and they are just so damn funny I have to laugh out loud and that is weird for people around me. I smile a lot when I'm daydreaming b/c sometimes things just get so outrageously cute/funny etc.

I also have perfected a Picture Perfect smile. And my ISFJ mother complains that in every single picture I look the same. Well, at least I'm smiling! Sheesh.

faith

MBTI Type
INFJ
According to faith, I smile all of the time, and so do my eyes. Though you'd have to ask her what that means.

It's true. At least, all the time that I get to see you. And you have the smilingest eyes of anyone I've ever known.

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
I have a recent photograph of myself with a smirk on my face from stifling a laugh. In the rest I am unsmiling; although I thought I was smiling when some of them were taken. Hm. :mellow:
Post it? I'm curious.

Never trust an INT who has a perpetual smile.
That's definitely the truth.

Razorcut

MBTI Type
INTJ
INTJ:
I smile often in life. Yet during a photo it always seems fake, feels fake, and looks lame!
Smiling in pictures for your children’s future is a good cause. And if you are thinking about them at the time of the photo you may have a sincere smile!

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
sometimes i smile in pictures, but those are the pictures that i usually look ridiculous in. My smile makes me look like i have down syndrome.

Recluse

MBTI Type
INXP
Post it? I'm curious.

Curious as to what a smirk looks like? For me it looks like a smile attempt that's been strangled by an afterthought.

I lessened the KBs to make the picture load faster when you click on the thumbnail. Or perhaps because I have a dial-up connection instead of broadband, images load slowly only for me(?)

raincrow007

MBTI Type
INTP
Curious as to what a smirk looks like? For me it looks like a smile attempt that's been strangled by an afterthought.

I lessened the KBs to make the picture load faster when you click on the thumbnail. Or perhaps because I have a dial-up connection instead of broadband, images load slowly only for me(?)

I spy a color wheel! :holy:

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
ISTP and deplore taking pictures. My best pictures are when I am in action and not realizing that someone is taking my picture. I don't smile, I run from the camera.