• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What can NFPs do that NTPs can't do better?

Jaguar

Frankly, the OP is just cheer-leading for a specific type. No facts, no studies, no objective data, just subjective judgments.

Ergo, troll. As has been mentioned several times in this thread. It's been done before. Be more original.

Fail. Go back to your hole and make sacrifices to your Dark Lord, eat bugs, or whatever makes you feel better about yourself.

The incessant, "My dog is better than your dog" type of threads are worse than watching Glenn Beck cry about his pet gerbils addicted to crack.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
The incessant, "My dog is better than your dog" type of threads are worse than watching Glenn Beck cry about his pet gerbils addicted to crack.

Hey! Maybe ENTPs are superior at imitating Glenn Beck because of that tert Fe. :coffee:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
NFP idea of a harmonious society:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OY1xxhlq4RU"].[/YOUTUBE]

NTP definition of harmonious:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t98IWdc-Zb0"].[/YOUTUBE]

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
NTPs are highly intuitive and perceptive. They're good at reading people and situations and even better at finding solutions. That also puts them in the running for good listeners because they know when to listen and how.

Those are usually qualities/skills I attribute to NFPs, but I maintain that NTPs can help people more effectively, affect social change, and everything else NFPs are known for (except crying).

So I ask you, what is something that the NFPs can do better than the NTPs? Also, prove it; if you can think of something, let's create a contest and see who does better.

I disagree. I think NTPs are better at this.

It depends on the quality of interpersonal relationship. I would posit that an NTP would thrive in an authentic relationship whereas an NFP would do better in an inauthentic relationship.

That's not really a skill.

This is easy to say but not easy to really understand or prove. In my experience, this isn't the case. The NFPs that I know think they know themselves, and say they do, but I question whether they really do.

If you can think of a test for any of these, we should but the Fs and Ts to the test.

NTPs don't blurt things out because they're compelled to. They do it because they don't see the advantage to holding back. It's not that they CAN'T consider other people's feelings--they can--it's just that they don't care. I'd bet that if NTPs tried to hold the group together, they could do a better job than NFPs, ergo, they possess more skill, albeit less motivation to demonstrate the skill.

Not a skill, just an interest.

So what exactly is the skill here? Affecting change? I'm not sure passionate fighting is a good tool for that. I would bet that most if not all the NFPs that you're thinking about got executed or assassinated. Amirite?

Your examples are of people who create art rather than appreciate art, and even then, we could get into a debate about whether they're really making art or just hanging up urinals. But let's say you were talking about "sensitivity to art." I'm not sure NFPs will win that, and, it's very hard to quantify, if not define. If you want to try, go for it.

Nah. NTPs will seduce you slowly and for years to come. NFPs will seduce you faster, but you'll get over it sooner when you start getting tired of their obsessions and habits.

Male or female? This might be determined by gender rather than personality.

They may just be inspiring people who are similar to them who share their values, in which case they're not really inspiring at all, just calling attention to what the people already believe. It's more impressive to inspire someone who doesn't already think like you do. I'm too tired to think of examples, but I don't think NFs have won here.

Complex subject, but I think it's a tie at best.

Says who? What about quality? How is this different from artistic appreciations, above?

Disagree. A mature NTP will have his values worked out. It's not as rare as you think.

You haven't proven any of them!

Bullshit, I'm the fucking dog whisperer.

We don't need a competition for this. Yer wrong. NTPs are better at staying cool and focusing on facts.

This is a skill?

- cover up their frustration

i can feel an angry NTP from 2 rooms away. my NTP family members will come in steaming and storming and growling and snappy and wonder why i look upset. hello? you're acting like an angry boar, and you're wondering why i look a little thrown off balance?

BS. NTPs can do this with their observations. Challenge.

True, but when we give a compliment, it's genuine, well-thought out, and meaningful. Quality > quantity, baby

So repress their emotions? Okay, you can have that one.

That's because you don't have pet theories, duh. (Winning.)

Perfect, but we need a few subjects, not just one. So we're testing who can make someone feel understood moar better?

Well aren't you fun?

Go away

As you can see, I'm just clinging to every word, here. It all makes perfect sense.

You have proven, one post at a time, that NT's are excellent listeners, know when and how to listen.. and are awesome at finding clear and effective solutions. Not only that, they have the charismatic ability to convince everyone around them that their solutions are fitting-motivating everyone to follow through. Each and every point here has been well researched and thought out, (the usual NT fashion.) Who needs to look at previous research when you are clearly a scientist yourself?

Creating contests, stating clear studied facts, and genuinely listening to others and then politely correcting them... That's what interpersonal relationships are all about. NT's also have a very well developed sense of their audience, and know exactly what to say next to sway them even further.

Bravo.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, we TRY at least.

Isn't it more advantageous to not know who you are, so you can be anyone you want?

that's a good question, but no. there is a difference between doing whatever you want and being whoever you want. for instance, an ISTP and an ENFP are wired extremely differently. they have different needs, different cognitive prowesses and different preferences. MBTI is not what you do, it's HOW you do it. an ENTP could become a revolutionary hero, but he would not have the intense conviction possible only through Fi. TPs have more analytical powers and calculating abilities, but FPs have more charisma and conviction. I think of it a lot like singers. a soprano (high voice) can sing low, a mezzo (low voice) can sing high, but they're most comfortable singing high and low respectively and can wear out the voice (that's why they have different types of voice categories in opera. if they didn't, singing would destroy their voices). the same is true for MBTI. an INFJ or INFP is not built for the military the same way say an ENTJ might be. likewise, an ENTJ artist if he didn't realize he was ENTJ would be very confused, but one who was ENTJ and knew it could say "I'm an ENTJ, so obviously something like art is going to be confusing to me. I might have to approach it a different way and it might take me a longer time to get because Feeling is my last function"
conclusion: knowing who you are increases your potential rather than locking you in a box as the common myth would have you believe

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
NTs in general make the mistake that everyone is the same and that they can use their same systems and techniques the same way on every person they see (my INTJ friend struggles with this too. he had difficultly grasping MBTI for this reason). NFPs know how to change up their approach on a more individual basis

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
NTs in general make the mistake that everyone is the same and that they can use their same systems and techniques the same way on every person they see (my INTJ friend struggles with this too. he had difficultly grasping MBTI for this reason). NFPs know how to change up their approach on a more individual basis

Generalizing about people who generalize.... Very clever, Elfboy!

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Generalizing about people who generalize.... Very clever, Elfboy!

you've missed the point of this thread and especially my last post. this thread is a competition of natural strengths and weaknesses. certain types ARE naturally better at things than other types. to deny this is to deny much of the reason for having a temperament model in the first place. it's not an excuse to say "I'm better than you because I'm XYZ type"

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
you've missed the point of this thread and especially my last post. this thread is a competition of natural strengths and weaknesses. certain types ARE naturally better at things than other types. to deny this is to deny much of the reason for having a temperament model in the first place. it's not an excuse to say "I'm better than you because I'm XYZ type"

Oh, yes. I missed the point. I thought the OP was saying, "NTP's are naturally better at things that NFP's claim to be naturally good at." (Rereads OP.) Yea, I'm still missing the point.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
1. This thread was a stupid idea.

2. Most of the things you're asserting about xNTPs are not true in the least bit. That goes for everyone here.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
As you can see, I'm just clinging to every word, here. It all makes perfect sense.

You have proven, one post at a time, that NT's are excellent listeners, know when and how to listen.. and are awesome at finding clear and effective solutions. Not only that, they have the charismatic ability to convince everyone around them that their solutions are fitting-motivating everyone to follow through. Each and every point here has been well researched and thought out, (the usual NT fashion.) Who needs to look at previous research when you are clearly a scientist yourself?

Creating contests, stating clear studied facts, and genuinely listening to others and then politely correcting them... That's what interpersonal relationships are all about. NT's also have a very well developed sense of their audience, and know exactly what to say next to sway them even further.

Bravo.

... and shortnsweet wins the thread! Mazel tov! :D

Emectar

MBTI Type
ENFP
" Originally Posted by shortnsweet

Bravo."

hahaha winner

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
it would appear that what began as a friendly and humorous competition has now spiralled into a "you're a troll!" "no you're a troll!" thread. I take my leave

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
1) NFPs are better at discussing a topic with the intention of coming to the right conclusion as opposed to "winning"

Don't let a couple of bad apples spoil the whole bunch. Ti as dom/aux despises the whole winning>being right attitude :yes:

4) NFPs are generally more charismatic (the countless number of ENFP actors//performers/figureheads)

I think ENFP and ENTP are pretty evenly matched there...

On a serious note, I think NFPs do love and affection better than NTPs.

Indeed they are...

Bravo.

My sarcasm detector is failing me on this one.

1. This thread was a stupid idea.

2. Most of the things you're asserting about xNTPs are not true in the least bit. That goes for everyone here.

Ehhh, perhaps in the sense that type isn't about skills, but the trend of each sides points isn't too far off.

I am kind of afraid that this thread is going to trainwreck and hurt people and then everyone will think the xNTPs are evil and no one will want to admit that they are one anymore.

Let's keep this fun, shall we?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx

No, he's pretty much saying that NTPs are better at everything and not giving any sort of logical argument to back up his outrageous claims.

However, I commend the people who have never had to deal with TWHS little games before and are therefore giving him the benefit of the doubt: the fact that you want to project nice intentions onto what he's doing says more about you than it does about his actual behavior.

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
The threads already fucked, hahaha, so why not?

If NFP's do love better (as previously noted even by the NTP)
and science defines what could be understood as love
"as an evolved state of the survival instinct, primarily used to keep human beings together
against menaces and to facilitate the continuation of the species through reproduction....

then without NFP's.. NTP's might not even EXIST!!!! :yim_rolling_on_the_

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx

Bravo.

Best post in thread.